what age is the youngest you could potentially move to Australia and stay without family

jack13

Having a look at all the skilled occupations, and as that is one of the only ways to get a visa, they all seem to require qualifications which take years to complete or years of work experience. I ask myself what is the youngest you could possibly get over to Australia and stay there, with a trade/ occupation ect ect. This includes all jobs all sponsorship's anything. What would have worked? Out of curiosity.

Because from where I'm standing the only way before say 22, would have been If I'd gone down the defacto route or if my family had emigrated.

Hairdressing I wouldnt have passed the points test, for SS until I'm 25. teaching would have taken me till 22 to do because it takes 4 years. Unless I was sponsored for hairdressing which who would sponsor a newly qualified 19 year old and pay them the amount needed for sponsorship??! Very unlikley

Hairdressing I wouldnt have passed the points test, for SS until I'm 25. teaching would have taken me till 22 to do because it takes 4 years. Unless I was sponsored for hairdressing which who would sponsor a newly qualified 19 year old and pay them the amount needed for sponsorship??! Very unlikley

Meanwhile time keeps ticking by.

If you had bothered to do something like this or another trade of some description as most of the rest of us have then you probably would have done it by now and would not need to whine about it on here.

Yes time I should be spending in Australia!!

I thought travel agency manager would be a good one but you would either need three years experience or a degree, so still would have taken till around 21.

Just find a hunky guy and get married dude

If you had bothered to do something like this or another trade of some description as most of the rest of us have then you probably would have done it by now and would not need to whine about it on here.

Yes but getting my visa in 2014... To late!

2013 to late!

I wanted it at 18! I wanted to spend 2010 there, 20111, 2012, 2013, 2014... forever... getting the picture,!

2013 to late!

I wanted it at 18! I wanted to spend 2010 there, 20111, 2012, 2013, 2014... forever... getting the picture,!

Sounds like my story. I wanted to go after uni at 21, but didn't have the experience to get enough points for a 189. Tried every year until I finally had enough at 26!

I could have tried other routes, but wanted to be independent and not SS or company sponsored.

Moral of the story; good things come to those who wait....(or is that guinness?)

2013 to late!

Well you should have done it at 18 then or 2011 or 2012 or 2013 or 2014 but you have not and probably still won't in 2015 2016 2017 etc, getting the picture?

Anything is achievable if you set your mind to it - so good luck with your plans Jack, keep focused and it will happen.

To answer your initial question (in case others haven't noticed you did ask a question in your OP), I'd think about 22, if you think of 3 years training + a years experience.

Having a look at all the skilled occupations, and as that is one of the only ways to get a visa, they all seem to require qualifications which take years to complete or years of work experience. I ask myself what is the youngest you could possibly get over to Australia and stay there, with a trade/ occupation ect ect. This includes all jobs all sponsorship's anything. What would have worked? Out of curiosity.

Because from where I'm standing the only way before say 22, would have been If I'd gone down the defacto route or if my family had emigrated.

A reminder of the OP - let's try to stick to this rather than having digs at who posted it

Cheers

Archived