Are you 'comfortable' with Australia's handling of Tamil asylum seekers at sea?

Harpodom

Do you agree with Australia's handling of the 2 Tamil asylum seeker boats?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Australia's handling of the 2 Tamil asylum seeker boats?

• Yes I agree
    • No I disagree
    • I couldn't care less

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a vicious stabbing murder in Sydney CBD yesterday.

A man plunged a knife into another man's chest killing him. I think he was a love rival.

Anyway the alleged perp was an Iranian refugee given a protection visa in 2010.

Just saying some of these people are not very nice individuals at all. A sad case this one.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/tears-in-court-as-kazem-mohamadi-payam-appears-charged-over-brutal-stabbing-murder-at-westfield-parramatta-shopping-mall/story-fni0cx4q-1226981531440

I was surprised you took so long to bring that up. I also note you did not mention the Tamil asylum seeker that took his own life in Geelong and donated al his organs to people waiting for transplants. What is surprising is so little crime being committed over the years by approved asylum seekers that suffered incarceration in detention camps not forgetting those presently on protection visa's but unable to work.

The trauma many suffered/suffering would have thrown many with less resilience over the edge. No doubt you'll be scarring the media for any further stories to demonise further this group in order to attempt to further your self imposed agenda.

Surely parleycross you should have learnt by now that there is only one or maybe two people that believe they are able to pass judgment here!

A question of being aware of the facts which is not judgemental, if you believe in the principle that a government should act within the legal requirements of a binding Agreement they signed up to.

The world is watching. Excellent. Recent governments have been in a race to drive the nations good name through the mud and beyond. I only hope the Court feels it has the power to order the government ship around and all asylum seekers are given a proper and fair hearing as prescribed by UNHCR.

Flag ,

as a matter of interest do you have any first hand experience with the navy or customs or any body who has actually been there on the front line dealing with this ?

I don't tend to answer personal questions but I'll say lots of association in the area, not as a government servant though be that customs or navy, who are purely carrying out orders with the militarising of a political affair . I you are probably aware it is not something to be discussed on a personal level on a forum as strict rules apply.

Lad????? Seriously? I had Pc down as a grumpy old woman..about 65..grey hair..One of those places who gets involved in every bodies business..abound is always thinking she is right...but a lad???

He's very much of the XY brigade. I'm guessing white, middle class, middle aged. Actually...that's me

Who is the person that took it to the height court , decision due on Friday according to radio

Amazing that murderers and rapists can run around waiting for a court appearance for years and this gets in front of a judge in 24 hours and an injunction given.

The High Court has been busy, ever since Scott Morrison become immigration minister.

Law, convention, human rights, decency....its all so confusing!

Cant we just do away with all this kind of stuff?. Maybe the PM could get SM to issue a daily statement that "**** happens" and leave it at that?

Who is the person that took it to the height court , decision due on Friday according to radio

His name is George Newhouse (I think).

He was exposed this morning as a former Labor candidate, so a political agenda is part of it I believe.