I have a baby with an Aussie lady, really need some help.

RyanBrown91

Hey there!

This is my first time visiting the website but I can already see I'll be using this a lot.

So anyway, I originally came here on a working holiday, fell in love, had a beautiful baby girl etc etc. The working holiday is over and now i am back here with them on a regular holiday visa.

For the past year we have tried every avenue possible to get help, so that i can stay in the country, and as i imagine you lot realise, the government services provided for this are quite lacking.

My best (and only) option seems to be a partner visa, which would mean going back to England and working for several months until I have the money to apply. The difficult part lies in the fact that it would mean me being apart from my partner and child for a significant amount of time. My lady (Codie) also has a lot of mental health problems, and no stable place to live. To leave her taking care of the baby alone is a terrifying prospect for all of us.

I suppose I'm just really hoping that one of you folks can give me this genius solution that I didn't know about, or some steps to guide me, just something... The past year has been tough, everything I've tried has fallen through and I'm lost now. I need help.

Thank you for reading this far, I know it's a bit much.

Ryan :)

Thank you! And no I haven't, can I speak to them on here directly then? I did try contacting a migration agent (of sorts) several months back but it turned out to be one of the scam things going around, nearly lost a whole bunch of money to them and it scared me off a bit.

We looked into that first actually. It would be more ideal too, better family support, reliable place to live and stuff. But it turns out that England is a fortress to get into by comparison (unless I'm earning about 22k a year), so our best bet is currently the land of Oz.

The partner visa is going to be your only option. It's crap, but could you try to borrow the money rather than returning to the uk? After you have applied, when your tourist visa expires you would have full work rights.

If you go back to the uk and apply there the wait is about 9 months. If you try to come back on a tourist visa then firstly you risk it being refused if they don't believe you are a genuine tourist. Or a 'no further stay' clause meaning you wouldn't get a bridging visa.

And even if you could get back on a three month tourist visa and then apply, that leaves you not being able to work for another three months.

I guess many people would be doing this if it was an easy way to stay in the country.

It did work for Ronnie Biggs in Brazil admittedly but I don't think Australia allows it.

Probably just have to do the conventional visa options such as partner.

Seems like your issue is more to do with the finances of an application, in which case nobody is really going to be able to help you. Why not borrow the money for a partner visa (if you're eligible)? They're not that expensive and once you're on the bridging visa you'll have the right to work and you can start paying it back.

I may be completely wrong about this, it's just an idea....

Is your partner receiving help from a government funded service for her mental health issues? If so, then she'll have a case manager (probs a social worker or mental health practitioner), and if your partner is deemed unable to look after the baby by herself, then the case manager may be able to write a letter in support of you being granted a visa to stay in the country in order to help her look after the baby. I don't know what type of visa this would be, some kind of carer's visa?

I may be completely wrong about this, it's just an idea....

Is your partner receiving help from a government funded service for her mental health issues? If so, then she'll have a case manager (probs a social worker or mental health practitioner), and if your partner is deemed unable to look after the baby by herself, then the case manager may be able to write a letter in support of you being granted a visa to stay in the country in order to help her look after the baby. I don't know what type of visa this would be, some kind of carer's visa?

He probably would be granted a visa but he still needs to pay for it which is the problem. Carer visas have been stopped.

Thank you! And no I haven't, can I speak to them on here directly then? I did try contacting a migration agent (of sorts) several months back but it turned out to be one of the scam things going around, nearly lost a whole bunch of money to them and it scared me off a bit.

Yes there are a few genuine ones on here.

Wrussel is one I believe, there's another popular one but I can't for the life of me remember his user name!

Anyone help me out? I've gone senile all of a sudden.

Edit: Ah I think it's 'go Matilda' I'm thinking of. Alan Collett.

Archived