We moved back 4 years ago

carrotcruncher

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What concerns does Perth present now? :shocked:

I am guessing he means the economy - heading the wrong way now. I am just over the bridge in Southport and now shortage of Houses for sale by Banks at the moment or people selling at losses to just cover the mortgage - we recently benefited from that

I am guessing he means the economy - heading the wrong way now. I am just over the bridge in Southport and now shortage of Houses for sale by Banks at the moment or people selling at losses to just cover the mortgage - we recently benefited from that

Which economy is heading the wrong way?

I'm not sure which Southport you are in, so not sure which country you are referring to UK or Oz?

Good Luck on your move back to Perth, icing on the cake to be with your Daughter too, lots of wonderful travel to Asia from Perth now so many good places and as you said you have the South West with lots to see and drink :-)), I have to disagree we do have heating costs not as much as the UK but we do use heating in Perth, all the best x

Good Luck on your move back to Perth, icing on the cake to be with your Daughter too, lots of wonderful travel to Asia from Perth now so many good places and as you said you have the South West with lots to see and drink :-)), I have to disagree we do have heating costs not as much as the UK but we do use heating in Perth, all the best x

Thank you for your best wishes and yes, I remember lighting the log burner during the colder weather even in Sunny Sorrento where we lived (old Sorrento that is)

We moved back 5 months ago after 27 years in Aus.What a disaster from the go.Can't wait to get back to reality and peopl;e in authority that treat you as a fellow humane.Perpetual darkness; rain,bitter cold,and it's been a mild winter.The whole system sucks,Age discrimination is rife.Car insurance,utillity bills,council tax, ALL GANGSTERS,Wanting Huge sums of money.It's a up hill battle,nobody cares.Theres no light at the end of a big dark tunnel.Rules and regulations,security questions,drives you potty.Checking who you are,the credit system.The banks are run by the Mafia.My god it's a nightmare.

We moved back 5 months ago after 27 years in Aus.What a disaster from the go.Can't wait to get back to reality and peopl;e in authority that treat you as a fellow humane.Perpetual darkness; rain,bitter cold,and it's been a mild winter.The whole system sucks,Age discrimination is rife.Car insurance,utillity bills,council tax, ALL GANGSTERS,Wanting Huge sums of money.It's a up hill battle,nobody cares.Theres no light at the end of a big dark tunnel.Rules and regulations,security questions,drives you potty.Checking who you are,the credit system.The banks are run by the Mafia.My god it's a nightmare.

THIS IS GOOD VERY GOOD......HOW YOU GOING MATE...:biglaugh:

Guest Guest 47403

Amazing how anyone wanting to move back to the UK gets the cyber arm thrown around them, the words of comfort against that nasty place called Australia, but god forbid anyone who MBTTUK and realises it was a mistake and wants to go back to Oz the daggers are straight out!

I don't mean to sound rude but are you the guy who really disliked Australia? Just genuinely wondering, not sure if I'm thinking of the same person

Isn't there plenty to see and do in WA perthbum? Isolation, the whole of Australia is isolated.

for retired people who do not really want buzz or decent clubs its OK, but I found when people got to about 19 they needed something else than the most isolated city in the world.

Guest guest30085
for retired people who do not really want buzz or decent clubs its OK, but I found when people got to about 19 they needed something else than the most isolated city in the world.

I went in my early 20s, then late 20s and early 30s, found plenty of house parties, pubs, watched local bands play, went to pubs which were jammers, or showing sport (particularly AFL) so full again and even managed nights out in nightclubs .... did you never leave Two Rocks???

Edited by guest30085

I went in my early 20s, then late 20s and early 30s, found plenty of house parties, pubs, watched local bands play, went to pubs which were jammers, or showing sport (particularly AFL) so full again and even managed nights out in nightclubs .... did you never leave Two Rocks???

ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS...:eek:...YOU THOUGHT PERTH WAS INSPIRING AND INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR A YOUNG PERSON TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES THERE..

ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS...:eek:...YOU THOUGHT PERTH WAS INSPIRING AND INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR A YOUNG PERSON TO SPEND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES THERE..

Like I've said before.. I don't imagine that many young people flock towards Stratford upon Avon either. To be fair I've never been yet but it doesn't look very exciting from what I've saw online