Australian plane hijacking

ItchyFeet76

More clarification from Sky News - the passenger was drunk and there was no hijacking. Very relieved as I'm a nervous flyer anyway, and after MH370 I'm even more reluctant to fly long-haul anywhere. Thankfully this was a false alarm, but will the next one be...?

Ridiculous over reactions all round. I had to read the story a few times just now as I was sure I read that a plane from Brisbane to Baliwas hijacked and forced to land at, err, Bali - not a very effective hijacking then.

Guest Guest66881

I watched a tv show about hijacking planes via cockpit entry, and the one showed how hard it would be to actually gain entry into the cockpit, he was kicking and throwing his body at the door for ages even tried running and jumping at it, all to no avail :notworthy:

I don't think you can over react about someone bursting into the cockpit.

If that is what happened this guy will definitely have a stint in jail to think about his actions.

I think the hijacking headlines were an over reaction.

Mods can you move this to the news section Ta:wink:

A drunk passenger who caused a hijack scare by attempting to force his way into the cockpit of a Virgin Australia flight has been arrested after the plane landed safely in Bali.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/virgin-australia-plane-in-hijack-alert-after-drunk-passenger-storms-cockpit-9285230.html

Archived