Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910

Perthbum

Just like last year but hotter.....phew.....:GEEK:

120 DAYS OF HOT SUNSHINE: Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910 say forecasters

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/467048/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-predicts-hot-sunshine-will-last-FOUR-months

iam not questioning your post ....but wasn't it the express that predicted an arctic winter :biglaugh:...for last winter ....I have heard may and june are due to be better than average though

Just like last year but hotter.....phew.....:GEEK:

120 DAYS OF HOT SUNSHINE: Britain set to bask in longest summer since 1910 say forecasters

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/467048/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-predicts-hot-sunshine-will-last-FOUR-months

That will be good........as it will be my last one here. Help to acclimatise me for life in Oz. :biglaugh:

iam not questioning your post ....but wasn't it the express that predicted an arctic winter :biglaugh:...for last winter ....I have heard may and june are due to be better than average though

You can take all these long range forecasts with the mountains of salt that local authorities stockpiled last year - and did not have to use on the roads last winter as it barely went below freezing.

Guest Guest 47403

Damn I'm going to miss the majority of it, hope it's a good one for you guys stuck in blighty :wubclub:

Lets face it mate, one paper releases a story like this and the others just copy. It will be a first for the UK, forecasters getting something right, if it happens. When the bad start to last summer was happening the forecasters were predicting nothing but doom and gloom for the whole summer and saying the jet stream bringing bad weather had moved South and was there to stay. A couple of weeks later the summer started and you had one of the best.

I too hope it comes true for you...

cos it's friggin freezing here at the mo....I don't remember Aprils being so dam cold.

yesterday I was convinced it was going to snow:realmad:

What was it yesterday fifi69, oh yeh it only got up to 27 degrees with a low of 14, you must have been freezing.:wink: Or are you in the UK at the mo?

If you are you'll be glad to know the rest of the month is looking pretty splendid here.:cool:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/au/perth/26797/april-weather/26797

I always feel envious when it is summer in the UK, although I don't mind what passes for winter in Sydney, when there is usually plenty of sunshine, and often up around 20 degrees in the middle of the day. I started swimming in the winter here a couple of years ago. I'd like to be out on my bike in The New Forest during those long summer days though!

I too hope it comes true for you...

cos it's friggin freezing here at the mo....I don't remember Aprils being so dam cold.

yesterday I was convinced it was going to snow:realmad:

Snow and freezing weather not at all uncommon in April of course. As a cricketer my thermals are pretty much essential in April and May and often June too. Despite a lovely summer in 2013 it did not actually warm up until mid June and from then on pretty fantastic on the whole. Many tend to forget that we had a cold spring last year.

Guest Guest 47403
Dammit, I shouldn't do it to myself but checking the weather throughout last year London was warmer than Melbourne from May until December. Sounds like it'll be the same again, how annoying

I wouldn't be to annoyed we waited 37 years for that July heatwave, so chances are it will be normal service this year.

Guest Guest 47403
Winter kicks off here real soon, down to a shocking 17c what will we do:elvis:

Stay safe mate.

Guest Guest66881

:wink: and you over there get some sun cream on bud and buy a big hat those rays can be lethal, vector in warm wind and you will be looking like blackcurrant:laugh:

Winter kicks off here real soon, down to a shocking 17c what will we do:elvis:

It may get to 17, but by jeez it feels 10 times colder,lol. I know by July i will be whinging its too cold, i HATE winter, even though its dry its just to cold for me,lol Its crafty as well over here,lol, it sneaks up on you slowly, ive noticed this last few nights its gone cooler, i even had to put the Duvet back on the bed, you watch another few weeks and i will have to get the jeans and sweatshirts back out.. Bye Bye pool for a while too :(

Cal x

Archived