A question for the ladies...

M1cha3la

.. Or men if they want :biggrin:

Can you tell me what prices are like in Oz for all things beauty related? Like gel nails, shellac nails, hair cuts, eyelash extensions ect?

Then how readily available are things like make up? Do you have a shop like Boots? Do you get the same brands there ect...

I am a girly girl by heart, and just trying to figure out if i need to bulk buy on some of my favourites before before I come :laugh:

Xxx

@M1cha3la its quite relative but like anywhere you have good hairdressersthat can charge a lot and cheaper places. Theres some mid range places you can find a bargain. But these are usually always booked out. It depends on where you live and whats there. You ll find all cosmetics here at quite reasonable prices.

Can you tell me what prices are like in Oz for all things beauty related? Like gel nails, shellac nails, hair cuts, eyelash extensions ect?

Then how readily available are things like make up? Do you have a shop like Boots? Do you get the same brands there ect...

I am a girly girl by heart, and just trying to figure out if i need to bulk buy on some of my favourites before before I come :laugh:

Xxx

Many brands and products are the same, but also you might find some things are not available here. You could stock up, but long term you might need to sample what is on offer here and make some changes when you find something you like.

For nails it's sorted, there are manicure and pedicure places in every shopping centre. I think I paid about $60 for a gel nails mani and normal pedi when I was there.

And while I remember, there are a few shops in the centres selling hair products, so you can get your kerastase shampoo etc. oddly you can't buy the Aussie brand shampoo in Australia. Very weird :huh:

Edited by Londongal76

Full hair colour and blow dry $99, if I add a cut it is around $125.

Pedi is $28, nail bars all over the place, at least 3-4 in every mall. Eyebrow bars also around.

I find all usual make up brands in Target, K-Mart and Priceline. If you want the likes of Clinique, Clarins etc then David Jones or Myer. My clinique face powder is $50.

Hair products, best prices I reckon in Big W, also offers in Coles, Woolies etc. More expensive salon products are in Priceline, or dedicated hairdressing type shops, or from the actual hairdresser. A double pack of l'Oreal salon shampoo Vitamino Colour is around $50-60 ( large size ).

There are also Chemist Warehouse type places that sell everything from bandages to shampoo to perfume, I have got some good priced products in here.

Beauty salons also abundant, facials etc vary wildly in price according to what you are after.

I don't think you'll have any problems, there is always ebay!

For nails it's sorted, there are manicure and pedicure places in every shopping centre. I think I paid about $60 for a gel nails mani and normal pedi when I was there.

And while I remember, there are a few shops in the centres selling hair products, so you can get your kerastase shampoo etc. oddly you can't buy the Aussie brand shampoo in Australia. Very weird :huh:

I use Kerastase, so thats good to know :cute: How strange about the Aussie brand :laugh:

I did miss Boots, Priceline is probably the nearest but not as good. However now I'm back I miss Price Attack which sells 'salon only' hair products like Keratase and Redkin so it's swings and roundabouts.

On the whole I found the beauty salon experience much poorer but much cheaper too - I struggle paying £40 for waxing that used to cost $30! I could probably shop around more here though!

It's hard when you first move as all the brands are unfamiliar unless you pay a fortune on European brands - I remember wondering how I'd cope with out my favourite shampoo, 5 years on I can't even remember what it was and wondered how I'd cope without my favourite Aussie brand (even looked for it on Ebay!) so you do adjust!

Depends where u will be living...I dnt find the range of things are as good here...clinique is similar prices here but I cant find as many shops that do it...shampoo/conditioner is expensive for what they are..also my skin and hair completely changed here and the products I used before now arent suited n dnt wrk for me..I miss the uk products n selection...nails are $20 near me...they dnt have a big boots or similar that I have found..the chemist places arent the same....and there is no always ( sanitary products) the ones they have are awful..really crap lol ive tried them all...my hair cut, all over tint and foils is $170 in qld...was $120 in sydney..depends where u go...took me ages to find a cheap one In sydney n it wasnt very good :/

Xxx

Worry not!

There are plenty of pharmacy's and department stores that sell all the usual make up brands. I use Priceline pharmacy to buy high street brands such as Almay / L'oreal / Maybelline and David Jones or Myer for brands such as Lancôme or Clinique.

The only brand not readily available is Boots No 7 but some pharmacy's are now stockng protect and perfect (it's called something different though).

There are beauty salons everywhere that do all the usual treatments.

My wife has a beauty salon here in the dandenong ranges in the hills in a small town and she offers hair, shellac, gel nails, various massages, spray tanning, waxing, eyebrow tinting and soon Botox and permanent make up so you will have no problem getting pampered in the more built up areas/towns.

There are nail salons in every shopping mall but they work on turning customers over as fast as possible and the quality can be very average lots of the time.