Which capital city do most people move back to the uk from

paul1977

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think a lot leave from Perth too, although that also seems to attract a hell of a lot of Brits for various reasons.

i actually find Melbourne a bit like a home away from home with the old buildings, narrow characterful laneways and crappy weather at times. perhaps all that sun goes to people's heads in perth.

have to say i loved perth when i visited for a holiday but if you're into city life and buzz it did strike me as very quiet, the CBD was like a ghost town at 5pm/ having said that it was 5 ago maybe its more happening now.

And wettest

Pretty sure Brisbane has arguably the best year round weather in oz!

Certainly better than the Midlands back home or has Stratford had to build a beach in the town centre too to enjoy all the sunny days?

No way has Brisbane best year round weather - have you been to Perth? I lived on the east coast for most of my life and visited Brisbane regularly - no way is the weather better - might be better than Midlands though!

Pretty sure Brisbane has arguably the best year round weather in oz!

Certainly better than the Midlands back home or has Stratford had to build a beach in the town center too to enjoy all the sunny days?

the last couple of months has been really sunny and quite warm for this time of the year, last year we had almost 8 months of glorious warm and sometimes very hot weather...:cute:

the last couple of months has been really sunny and quite warm for this time of the year, last year we had almost 8 months of glorious warm and sometimes very hot weather...:cute:

Dunno about that...I was in the uk most of last year and I reckon I totalled about 8 weeks of decent weather!

2 weeks you mean? and then this week the frosts and rain has started again............

Sorry if forgot where you live.

Dunno about that...I was in the uk most of last year and I reckon I totalled about 8 weeks of decent weather!

Joe, as I can see you are new here.......you will soon get to know PB's posting style and the wonderland, that is Stratford upon Heaven, I mean avon, where he lives.

have to say i loved perth when i visited for a holiday but if you're into city life and buzz it did strike me as very quiet, the CBD was like a ghost town at 5pm/ having said that it was 5 ago

maybe its more happening now.

Nope :)

Nope :)

Wrong wrong wrong...have you been actually been into the CBD, Northbridge or even Freo of an evening lately.

I have....with friends, family and other members of PIO.

Ok it's smaller scale than other major cities throughout the world....but get out there with open eyes and you will find the crowds and lots going on..

2 weeks you mean? and then this week the frosts and rain has started again............

Sorry if forgot where you live.

its been one of the mildest winters on record and except for 3 weeks of heavy rain it has been sunny and very mild....no snow or frost yet where I live, today is sunny and warm again.

Wrong wrong wrong...have you been actually been into the CBD, Northbridge or even Freo of an evening lately.

Ok it's smaller scale than other major cities throughout the world....but get out there with open eyes and you will find the crowds and lots going on..

Yep, my office is in the CBD - St georges terrace. Sure there are some people wandering around, but that's not a lot. Maybe it's just a different opinion of our definition of "city life and buzz".

Never been to Freo for nightlife though.

come on, be fair...perth is snoozsville...be honest, most people are in bed by 9pm in the week.

Archived