Which capital city do most people move back to the uk from

paul1977

Not in March!

Lots goes on and the CBD and parklands around are easily accessible.

We walked to WOMAD, the Fringe etc.

plenty of suburbs within half an hour of city and beaches, reasonably priced too.

CBD buzzy with live music and restaurants in clusters even in the week. the suburb I live in has lots of restaurants and shops and people in them.

People also walk and cycle a lot. The rush hour is minimal and I happily drive through the city in the day rather than go round it.

Altogether a civilised place to live with great beaches and great wineries and scenery in the hills all close to the city.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in March!

Lots goes on and the CBD and parklands around are easily accessible.

We walked to WOMAD, the Fringe etc.

plenty of suburbs within half an hour of city and beaches, reasonably priced too.

CBD buzzy with live music and restaurants in clusters even in the week. the suburb I live in has lots of restaurants and shops and people in them.

People also walk and cycle a lot. The rush hour is minimal and I happily drive through the city in the day rather than go round it.

Altogether a civilised place to live with great beaches and great wineries and scenery in the hills all close to the city.

Same as everywhere ...some love it....some don't.

No but they way you went on about all British cities made me just try and balance it a bit.

I didn't go on about all British cities, you really need to read properly PB. I said my local town centres. Massive difference. I was comparing where I lived there to where I live now. Not a country vs a country which you always do.

I didn't go on about all British cities, you really need to read properly PB. I said my local town centres. Massive difference. I was comparing where I lived there to where I live now. Not a country vs a country which you always do.

Think you need a memory check......

Thank the lord it isn't like any UK City, long may it continue IMO.

Well it isn't, is it? UK cities are bustling, busy, cultural places, which Perth clearly isn't

Hmmmm, wriggling.

Certainly not like any of my local town centres from the UK, thankfully. The new bars and restaurants in Perth CBD are all very civilised. No pissed up youngsters vomitting or urinating in the street. Thank the lord it isn't like any UK City, long may it continue IMO.

Hmmmm, wriggling.

Certainly not like any of my local town centres from the UK, thankfully. The new bars and restaurants in Perth CBD are all very civilised. No pissed up youngsters vomitting or urinating in the street. Thank the lord it isn't like any UK City, long may it continue IMO.

Not wriggling at all. I knew what I meant.

No way has Brisbane best year round weather - have you been to Perth? I lived on the east coast for most of my life and visited Brisbane regularly - no way is the weather better - might be better than Midlands though!

I have indeed been to Perth. I'd say Brisbane wins 3-1 with Perth having a better less humid summer

I've just moved back from Melbourne, I'd agree with the other posts though. Not sure if I'll go back in the future on a RRV or not...

I agree with the general feeling in this post that most Poms are returning from Perth, I don't think I would have stuck it out for nearly 7 years there, unless I had to for work.