Which capital city do most people move back to the uk from

paul1977

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, my office is in the CBD - St georges terrace. Sure there are some people wandering around, but that's not a lot. Maybe it's just a different opinion of our definition of "city life and buzz".

Never been to Freo for nightlife though.

So in the interests of being fair...where have you gone at night to find it dead.

for me the other weekend I was in Northbridge with friends...loads going on. QS for bars etc.

fremantle we go to regularly as a family/friend group..always a ace night.

tuesday nights as a example...the PIO/pp night was well attended.

also done a midweek night with another member of PIO in Applcross ....lots of people out.

for those that know me, I'm no spring chicken....but I am a party animal.

If it wasnt happening .....I wouldn't be here

its been one of the mildest winters on record and except for 3 weeks of heavy rain it has been sunny and very mild....no snow or frost yet where I live, today is sunny and warm again.

Today is bitterly cold and raining where we are.

Must be that micro climate thing again which only exists in Stratford or your imagination.

So in the interests of being fair...where have you gone at night to find it dead.

for me the other weekend I was in Northbridge with friends...loads going on. QS for bars etc.

fremantle we go to regularly as a family/friend group..always a ace night.

tuesday nights as a example...the PIO/pp night was well attended.

also done a midweek night with another member of PIO in Applcross ....lots of people out.

for those that know me, I'm no spring chicken....but I am a party animal.

If it wasnt happening .....I wouldn't be here

friday at sat in northbridge was OK, a bit like the pubs in a smallish village in the UK, the nightclubs were a bit gash to be honest, loads of trouble around midnight with the local youth fighting and being ill most weekends, compared to the rest of perth it was lively but compared to any major city in the UK it was rubbish.

Wrong wrong wrong...have you been actually been into the CBD, Northbridge or even Freo of an evening lately.

I have....with friends, family and other members of PIO.

Ok it's smaller scale than other major cities throughout the world....but get out there with open eyes and you will find the crowds and lots going on..

was it dark when you went there? You didn't find PB's wallets did you?

stratford has been sunny if not a little chilly today, but another nice day.

of course it has.

looks like your in for some shlt weather over the next couple of days though. http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=Stratford%20upon%20Avon&locationID=56813&lat=52.2&lon=-1.7&findtype=

you can experience what the rest of us have had this week.

of course it has.

looks like your in for some shlt weather over the next couple of days though. http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=Stratford%20upon%20Avon&locationID=56813&lat=52.2&lon=-1.7&findtype=

you can experience what the rest of us have had this week.

tis the end of winter which has been very mild....nice by the weekend again though :cute:

Certainly not like any of my local town centres from the UK, thankfully. The new bars and restaurants in Perth CBD are all very civilised. No pissed up youngsters vomitting or urinating in the street. Thank the lord it isn't like any UK City, long may it continue IMO.

you need to get out more then....northbridge is very bad at weekends, this happened all the time I was there/

Police have charged 11 young men and teenagers over a fight in the city last night.

Police say about 25 people used signs and poles to attack each other in William Street just after 6:00 pm.

Those arrested are aged between 16 and 21 and have been charged with unlawful assembly.

Police say the men are believed to belong to different groups who frequent the Perth area and have been involved in similar incidents.

More charges are expected to be laid.

Acting Deputy Commissioner Steve Brown said the number of people banned since the new legislation came into effect on January 17 showed that alcohol-fuelled violence was still a considerable problem in our community.

``The offences that have triggered the barring notices range from disorderly conduct through to assaults and very serious assaults,'' Mr Brown said.

``They range in their severity, but the vast majority of them include use of a weapon - a glass or a bottle and that's a concerning factor.

``This is not just a Northbridge-centric problem, it is a statewide problem.''

Edited by Perthbum

you need to get out more then....northbridge is very bad at weekends, this happened all the time I was there/

Police have charged 11 young men and teenagers over a fight in the city last night.

Police say about 25 people used signs and poles to attack each other in William Street just after 6:00 pm.

Those arrested are aged between 16 and 21 and have been charged with unlawful assembly.

Police say the men are believed to belong to different groups who frequent the Perth area and have been involved in similar incidents.

More charges are expected to be laid.

Acting Deputy Commissioner Steve Brown said the number of people banned since the new legislation came into effect on January 17 showed that alcohol-fuelled violence was still a considerable problem in our community.

``The offences that have triggered the barring notices range from disorderly conduct through to assaults and very serious assaults,'' Mr Brown said.

``They range in their severity, but the vast majority of them include use of a weapon - a glass or a bottle and that's a concerning factor.

``This is not just a Northbridge-centric problem, it is a statewide problem.''

Did I say Northbridge, I said Perth CBD you numpty.

To be fair it has been a very mild winter where I am. I think my OH has had to scrape my car in the morning just once which is quite unusual

Haven't had a frost yet....time to get the vegetables started at the allotment.....cracking year last year.....and as the UK is getting warmer because of global warming my toms did not have to go under cover last year....:cute: