British TV most watched and wanted world wide.

Perthbum

It is superb....and we Brits should all be proud of it especially the BBC....

Call the Midwife is big in Latvia, Mrs Brown's Boys is a ratings winner in New Zealand, Heartbeat is still massive in Finland and Sherlock fever has spread around the globe.

Those are some of British TV's biggest global hits. They helped UK channels make £1.7bn from foreign programme sales in 2012, according to the Office for National Statistics - up 16% in three years.

Continue reading the main story

BBC WORLDWIDE'S BEST-SELLING PROGRAMMES AROUND THE WORLD

Africa

Call The Midwife

Doctor Who

Parade's End

Top Gear

2012/13. In alphabetical order

More than 700 TV executives from around the world are now in the UK to look for the next shows to import.

The annual BBC Worldwide Showcase, which is taking place in Liverpool, is one of the biggest events of its kind in the television industry.

Swashbuckling drama The Musketeers, Sky comedy Mr Sloane and natural history series Life Story are among the UK-made programmes being screened for the global TV buyers this week.

Here, buyers from a range of countries reveal what their nations think of British TV:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26326189

Best we don't mention that U.S TV shows own the world. British is better for some, myself included, but it pales in comparison to the U.S juggernaut

Dr Who and Sherlock are great. I wouldn't watch any of the others. Mrs Brown's Boys is embarrassing and just plain unfunny.

I will keep an eye out for The Musketeers though.

The seppos want it but cuss free. They were told to take a hike of course!

....me thinxx my dual experiences allow me to chime in..........Brit TV blows American TV away in terms of quality, and that's all that really matters......UK telly has been the inspiration of many US series, Till Death do us Part (All in the Family), and Steptoe and Son (Sanford and son), are two that come immediately to mind......over the years, my faves have been the likes of Doctor in the House, As Time goes By, Keeping up Appearances, Vicar of Dibbley, Yes, Minister, and my all time love, Are you Being Served? (guess, I'm showing my age!!)......Mrs. Brown's Boys makes me pee in my pants, but we can only get it on YouTube; way too crude for us stuck up yanks!!

Cheers, all!!

Archived