Form 80

Moobobs

Just wondering if form 80 is essential or only required if requested? We have submitted all docs for

our visa but agent has not requested us to fill in form 80.

Thanks

I really would fill in form 80 we came out to Sydney last sept 13 applied for our visa April 13 and got it granted 5weeks 4 days later, we were In touch with other people on the forum coming out to oz who hadn't filled it in and it delayed them, some by several months. It is just a lot of repeating questions but 1 hour of your time is better than a delay of a few months.

Hope this helps

Debbs

I really would fill in form 80 we came out to Sydney last sept 13 applied for our visa April 13 and got it granted 5weeks 4 days later, we were In touch with other people on the forum coming out to oz who hadn't filled it in and it delayed them, some by several months. It is just a lot of repeating questions but 1 hour of your time is better than a delay of a few months.

Hope this helps

Debbs

If it only takes an hour to fill out the form, how could it possible delay someone by months?

If it only takes an hour to fill out the form, how could it possible delay someone by months?

It can delay people because immi haven't got everything they want to know. I have no idea why but several people I know of didn't do it and took 6 months plus for a visa it maybe just that we were over cautious and filled everything in but it worked for us. This is only my personal view after emigrating on PR last year with no agent and everything done by ourselves I have read many posts with different advice this is mine, only trying to help the transfer go smoothly.

Debbs

It can delay people because immi haven't got everything they want to know. I have no idea why but several people I know of didn't do it and took 6 months plus for a visa it maybe just that we were over cautious and filled everything in but it worked for us. This is only my personal view after emigrating on PR last year with no agent and everything done by ourselves I have read many posts with different advice this is mine, only trying to help the transfer go smoothly.

Debbs

Ok, so by return: my opinion. Most people don't require form 80 and aren't requested by their CO to fill it out. So why bother? By applying for my visa in January 2010 instead of December 2009, my application was delayed by 6 months - seemingly at the whim of the government. To say that not filling form 80 was the cause of an applicants delay, requires a level of insight into DIBP internal processing that applicants just don't have.

generally what qs does form 80 ask pls ? what is this document about ?
If you put form 80 into google it brings it up as a PDF link. Probably easier to do that than explain what's on it as it's long!! Hoping we don't get requested to complete it! We have applied for 190 I'm not sure if it's applicable to all visas.

The Form 80 is meant to be used to help satisfy the character criteria and is essentially a way of obtaining a lot of background/personal information. It was generally requested when people had convictions or if an applicant was from a 'high risk' country.

In our experience it was being requested more and more frequently for PR applicants and we began submitting it as standard without any request from the C/O. The time saved on delays outweighs the time taken to complete them and there's a lot of duplication between the form 80, other forms and the visa application itself, so it's not that much of a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at form 80, and not sure how to fill it in. It asks for dates for countries visited including holidays in last 10 years. Did you all out approx. dates as I can't remember the exact date. Also, you have to put personal contact in Australia including sponsor, with full name, date of birth, but my sponsor is Sydney Children's Hospital Network and isn't a personal contact so how do I fill this in. Also, employment, did you fill in all employment or last 10 years as can't remember dates for jobs either since leaving school.

Thanks

I went back through my email history and paperwork to find the dates and places as best I could. I've seen several posts where people have said it just wasn't possible to provide accurate information (European citizens who can easily cross into other countries while on a weekend drive, cross-border shoppers Canada/US, etc.) and the consensus was to provide the best information you can. If needed, in section J you can explain that exact dates aren't known but it was approx mmm/yyyy.

For personal contacts I put the information on people I personally know in Australia so if you know anyone who could verify they know you, how, how long, why (from their understanding) you're coming to Australia, etc. I assume they're looking for potential contacts who can provide a personal reference if needed.

For employment, they want all details since you left school. If I recall correctly, you need to also provide details regarding any periods of unemployment. Again, I'd suggest you dig through your records to see as best as possible about getting the information. And you can explain any unknown information in section J.

Took me ages to do ours, digging up info, searching the net for addresses of places of work from eons ago. I gave them everything from education to current job. Our agent said only to do what was relevant to current job but I googled it. Ignored her;)

I don't have any faith in her at all, unfortunately. If we'd known about this when she lodged the EoI, we would have had plenty of time........grrr. Am fed up ping ponging info to her!

Uploaded everything she needs to lodge visa application...waiting for her to confirm.....waiting, still waiting...:eek:

For contacts in Australia, we only put my brother in law, he's an Australian Citizen. I didn't put anyone else even though we have other rellies and friends scattered around....

So do you need to list all your periods of employment/unemployment since leaving school, and the "Exact" dates of these periods. cheers Ned

I did, month and year. Hoping that's enough as I can't remember exact dates. :eek:

Mind you, we haven't had any feedback yet.

Archived