So Poms in the U.k ...what are your thoughts on our current weather ?

bunbury61

I like the electrical storms you get in Central Europe don't have them in the UK, does Perth have them?

I've seen some cracking storms in Perth. If they are far enough off I've been on the roof with the kids when they were a bit younger. I don't think the last few years have been as bad as when we first emigrated though.

We don't get them nearly as bad as over East though. I was in Toowoomba and the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks 3 weeks ago and we had storms every night. They rolled into Toowoomba about 5:00pm, just when we were leaving work and were usually gone by 6:30. At the Gold Coast for the weekend though and it was spectacular. It was the same night all the leavers were rolling up for their parties and it thundered, lightened and rained for about 2 hours. Luckily came good later for their beach party.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no snow , no wind , no rain have counted 2 days of frost ......its going to hit at some stage , but at the moment very mild ....the other night in the car 12c , i walked the dog at 6am the other day with 2 layers on .......8c today .......the bad stuff may come later as it did last year ( march ) ......less colder it is the better ......15c -25c permanently ....if i could have my way ....dont like the winter ....snow on xmas eve and xmas day and that would be it for me

quality weekend again , double figures in some places , a couple of weeks from xmas .....its the lack of wind and rain that's suprising me ....only 3 days of frost on the windscreen so far ......

its coming at some stage .....less of it the better

beautiful day today. Dropped someone off at gatwick at 4am and the light flahed and a beeping sound came out of the dashboard and saw it was the temp that had dropped below 3c but it was just as we went through a low lying area and by the time i got home it was 9c at 5:30am.. don't know what the high was today but i know it wasn't bad at all. Its dark now but half an hour ago it was stunning red skies.

Dont forget to vote folks!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/chewing-fat/200565-britain-big-freeze-prediction.html

quality weekend again , double figures in some places , a couple of weeks from xmas .....its the lack of wind and rain that's suprising me ....only 3 days of frost on the windscreen so far ......

its coming at some stage .....less of it the better

Lack of rain and wind.. Lucky you but I'm sure the people who had flood warnings and no power etc wouldn't agree

My daughter's on her way back from there now! It was certainly running faster than I've ever seen it in Hexham earlier - the ducks were on their way to Newcastle whether they wanted to be, or not!

Branches everywhere and the few remaining leaves have given up hanging on. It was so sunny and calm when I was walking, you'd never have believed what had gone before!

:laugh:

another cracking day down here as well....we havnt had any rain to speak of for quite some time now....nice and sunny today and forcast for much the same all week....I remember this time last year all the football pitches were water logged and we were having to call off matches week after week.

no snow , no wind , no rain have counted 2 days of frost ......its going to hit at some stage , but at the moment very mild ....the other night in the car 12c , i walked the dog at 6am the other day with 2 layers on .......8c today .......the bad stuff may come later as it did last year ( march ) ......less colder it is the better ......15c -25c permanently ....if i could have my way ....dont like the winter ....snow on xmas eve and xmas day and that would be it for me

A word of caution ....Americas east coast , record breaking cold ....did I read right minus 58 in Minnesota ?....we usually get the dregs of their weather systems ....although it appears that jet stream is working in our favour ....

no snow for xmas either

early morning frost on windscreen so far - 3

Days below zero - none

snow - none

heavy frosts - none

fingers crossed for jan and feb

It was gorgeous yesterday - I started off for my walk when I left the car at the garage for its MOT - as it was such a lovely day and I was plugged into a good book, I just kept walking and got back 22 miles later LOL (just kept choosing the longer route at key points!). I hope it's not such a nice day today, I haven't got time to walk today!!!

It was gorgeous yesterday - I started off for my walk when I left the car at the garage for its MOT - as it was such a lovely day and I was plugged into a good book, I just kept walking and got back 22 miles later LOL (just kept choosing the longer route at key points!). I hope it's not such a nice day today, I haven't got time to walk today!!!

Have you read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry? :laugh: We'll look out for you!

Have you read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry? :laugh: We'll look out for you!

Nope but I will say that Lands End to John O'Groats is on my bucket list!!! And a friend the other day invited me to join her on the Canterbury to Rome route!

You should read it! He started walking one day and didn't stop. However he had 'ishoos' which became clearer as the days went on - you wouldn't have that, just the enjoyment of the scenery and the walking. I can see the appeal (right at this minute I'd volunteer to join you!!) :wink:

Pistes opened then closed in the Cairngorms, still 5 inches of snow so we will get our white Christmas but not enough to go snowboarding :(

Snow forecast on Christmas Eve and will be in Aviemore for the Christmas parade so that could be quite magical :)

Pistes opened then closed in the Cairngorms, still 5 inches of snow so we will get our white Christmas but not enough to go snowboarding :(

Snow forecast on Christmas Eve and will be in Aviemore for the Christmas parade so that could be quite magical :)

I wish I was going to aviemore! Are you spending xmas there?

Didn't think much of today...............rained all day in the Lakes.................visibility zilch...............great for photography......NOT!

Doesn't it rain every day in the Lakes? It always seems to be shrouded in mist and cloud when I drive down the M6.. I know I'm in the minority, but the area doesn't do much for me although I can see why people think it's beautiful.

Archived