Citizenship Timeline for Years 2013/2014

jmartin8010

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my oz passport in two days. So excited and happy !

Did my application on thursday and collected it from the passport office on friday !

Hi,

Did you apply in post office or in the passport office? I called today to passport office to make an appointment but they asked me to apply in office by paying priority processing fee.

How long to i have to be a permanent resident of australia before i can apply for citizenship?

You can apply for Australian citizenship if you have been living in Australia on a valid visa for the four years immediately before applying which must include at least the last 12 months as a permanent resident . You must not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total in the 4 year period, including no more than 90 days in the year immediately before applying.

Citizenships applications and ceremonies can vary state to state and council to council. Applying as a single person is quicker than if you have a family especially if you have children in the AGE BRACKET 16-18 My daughter had to have an interview it was worse than just sitting the test at least when you sit the test you have 4 choices of answers where as at interview you have no help.

we applied in June 2012 time we all done test and daughter interview which unfortunately was not on same day but some 4 weeks later we were notified in the August that we had been successful our citizenship ceremony was Australia Day 2013. We have had friends who needed to do there citizenship as needed to get passports for up coming holiday and they were allowed to have this in the office at immigration in Brisbane and it was just there family there. We were in the south of Brisbane. Many places do not have ceremonies in December due to the big Australia Day one in January

Edited by nurse sue

1.Date applied-2014/05/07

2.City/Council area- Townsville

3.Online / Paper-online

4.Date received the acknowledgement email- 2014/05/26

5.Date of the Citizenship Test-2014/06/24

6.Date of approval-2014/08/18

7.Date of ceremony -2014/12/11

7.Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)-normal

:laugh:

Hi Varanasi. you need to go there 15 minutes before the time and you will be issued a ticket. once you will be called you need to produce relevant documents original (driving license passport, utility bill and medicare, identity declaration form and your photograph as well). they may ask you couple of general questions like how do you know the citizen that signed in identity form etc. Then you will be asked to sit for the test. They will give you 45 minutes but you can finish in 10 minutes time. now the questions they will ask you are very simple but still you need to through the material.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/learn/cit_test/test_resource/_pdf/our-common-bond-2014.pdf

now finally in this pdf you need to read only testable sections part 1,2 and 3 for test purpose.

all the best....

Can I ask a justice of the peace to sign the identity form? If yes, when they ask me how do I know the citizen that signed in identity form, what should I say?

Thank you.

Can I ask a justice of the peace to sign the identity form? If yes, when they ask me how do I know the citizen that signed in identity form, what should I say?

Thank you.

A JP can sign the identity for BUT they MUST:

'

• be an Australian citizen (if you are applying from within Australia), and

• have known you for at least one year, and

• not be related to you by birth, marriage or defacto relationship, and

• be easy to contact by telephone during normal working hours.

1.Date applied-04/11/2014

2.City/Council area- Hobart

3.Online / Paper-online

4.Date received the acknowledgement email- 4/11/2014

5.Date of the Citizenship Test-18/11/2014 took 15 minutes

6.Date of approval- 3/12/2014

7.Date of ceremony - 26/01/2015

7.Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)- Normal

The whole process was pretty easy and a very prompt service.

Looking forward to becoming a citizen!

Edited by wheresdbeef

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, Does anybody here know the average waiting time to get a citizenship ceremony date in the Wyndham council? I called immigration today and I was advised that because Wyndham vale has a large migrant community, it might take more than 6 months for me to get a ceremony date. If there is any other applicant here from the same council, please share your timeline. I would appreciate that very much. My timeline is as follows:Date applied : 9 September 2014Approval date : 10 October 2014Ceremony date : still waiting

1. Date applied: 5th November 14
  2. City/Council area: Parramatta
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 6th November 14
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 20th November 14
  6. Date of ceremony: None yet
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

Any idea what the ceremony waiting time is for Parramatta Council? The Council website says 6-9 months, anyone experience a quicker time?

• 1 month later...
hi , I applied for citizenship in Melbourne on 5/1/2015. submitted the application thru online. Current status is showing as process commenced. any one applied on around this date. Just want to know what will be waiting time in Melbourne.

Hi PKB

We applied on line and supporting documents handed in at the Melbourne office on 20 November 2014, I rang the Citizenship office today just to check that they had received all the documents needed which they confirmed they had received them. She suggested that if we haven't heard from anyone in a months time then to call again.

We are hoping to go back to the UK for a holiday in June/July so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it comes soon. (we are not required to take the citizenship test).

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

1. Date applied -18/12/2014
  2. City/Council area -City of Stirling(Perth WA)
  3. Online / Paper- online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email-24/12/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test-15/01/2015-Approved on 20/01/2015
  6. Date of ceremony-waiting
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)-normal

rang the city council last week and they told me there are a few spotts left in March's ceremony.mostlikey, it'll be April.

they also suggetted me to call them once I received my approval letter. They might be able to do something to squeeze me in March.

I should get my letter this week. I'll update it once I get an answer from them

Hi PKB

We applied on line and supporting documents handed in at the Melbourne office on 20 November 2014, I rang the Citizenship office today just to check that they had received all the documents needed which they confirmed they had received them. She suggested that if we haven't heard from anyone in a months time then to call again.

We are hoping to go back to the UK for a holiday in June/July so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it comes soon. (we are not required to take the citizenship test).

UPDATE.

Received letter saying that we had been approved for Citizenship 21 Jan 2015

Received letter with date of ceremony 23 Jan 2015

Ceremony date 19th Feb 2015 at Kingston City Hall (Melbourne).

Mike

Hi PKB

UPDATE.

Mike

only 1 month from approval to ceremony?!

Hi PKB

UPDATE.

Mike

Wow! That is super fast. Below is my timeline.

Applied on 8 December 2014(Paper)

Test date received - 16 December 2014

Citizenship Test - 12 January 2014

Citizenship application approved - 22 January 2015

Council - Canterbury

Oath ceremony ????

Updated my timeline

Date applied: 5th Sep 2014.

Area: Sydney

Online application.

Ack email: 6th Sep

Date of interview: 29th Sep

Date of test: 3rd Oct ( test system was down on interview date, so had to come back)

Approval date: 4th Nov

Received invitation: 5th Feb

Ceremony: 27th Feb

So 5 months in total.