Citizenship Timeline for Years 2013/2014

jmartin8010

I rang the Citizenship hotline today. I was told my invitation was posted 2 days ago from Canberra. It will be on 05 Sep at Parramatta Immigration Office. (my preferred council was Blacktown as noted in the application.) I have not received the letter though. But I am impressed how quick the processing went.

my timeline:

04 June 2014 - application online

06 June 2104 - received test schedule via email

13 June 2014 - citizenship test and approval letter (dated same day)

21 June 2014 - approval letter received by mail

05 Sep 2014 - ceremony at Parramatta Immigration Office

Edited by imaxx

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Date applied 29/04/2014
  2. City/Council area Sydney / willoughby
  3. Online / Paper Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email 29/04/2014
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test 12/05/2014
  6. Approved 12/05/2014
  7. Date of ceremony 05/09/2014 (Sydney City office, Not my local council)
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

I rang the Citizenship hotline today. I was told my invitation was posted 2 days ago from Canberra. It will be on 05 Sep at Parramatta Immigration Office. (my preferred council was Blacktown as noted in the application.) I have not received the letter though. But I am impressed how quick the processing went.

my timeline:

04 June 2014 - application online

06 June 2104 - received test schedule via email

13 June 2014 - citizenship test and approval letter (dated same day)

21 June 2014 - approval letter received by mail

05 Sep 2014 - ceremony at Parramatta Immigration Office

Hi Imaxx

you were so lucky to get that quick. congratulations. I got approval on 17/7/14 and waiting for ceremony letter. what is your online status showing now applicant approved or ceremony arranged or ...?

1. Date applied
    23/03/2014
  2. City/Council area
    Sydney / Parramatta

3. Online / Paper Online Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email 02/04/2014

5. Date of the Citizenship Test 25/04/2014

6. Approved 25/06/2014

7. Date of ceremony Waiting

8. council
    - Parramatta

Hi any on e from PARRAMATTA COUNCILL still waiting for ceremony who have applied along the time lines mentioned above or nearby dates

Please reply

Hi Imaxx

you were so lucky to get that quick. congratulations. I got approval on 17/7/14 and waiting for ceremony letter. what is your online status showing now applicant approved or ceremony arranged or ...?

Thanks. The letter says that due to the long waiting times in the Council, the ceremony we will attend is a simple ceremony where there will be no refreshments or speeches or gifts.

I'm so sorry Melbourneguy, I tried to log in to check the status, but I could not recall my password. I sent Immi an email to reset my password but no reply has come through. Once I'm able to log in. I'll post the status here.

Status is still Applicant Approved.

Thanks IMaxx.. Could anybody please tell me, who applied online and got ceremony letter, what would be the online status?

would that be "applicant approved" or "Application completed" or "ceremony arranged" or something else? thanks in advance

Thanks IMaxx.. Could anybody please tell me, who applied online and got ceremony letter, what would be the online status?

would that be "applicant approved" or "Application completed" or "ceremony arranged" or something else? thanks in advance

Hi melbourneguy,

Here it is.

Applicant approved - ready for citizenship ceremony. Please await letter from Department.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guyz , just letting you know that a good news has been conveyed to me by Immigration. My citizenship ceremony is next month now on 13 October.

It took me little less than 4 months to get to my ceremony from the date i lodged my application. All the best to you now for your ceremony !!

My timeline is as following:

Submitted application : 19/06/2014

Email received for the test : 10/07/2014

Test date : 22/07/2014

Approval online : 22/07/2014

Approval letter : 4/08/2014 ( Well done Aussie Post !! )

Citizenship Ceremony : 13 October 2014 !! Hurrah

Just got the letter from Immi confirming the above date for my ceremony. Cant wait for it now. All the best to everyone else now

Edited by VARANASI1

I applied in March, sat the test in April and was approved in May. My local council is having a ceremony on 31 July and it is not full. However, DIBP in its wisdom decided not to send a notification to the council in time for this ceremony (and has still not sent one), meaning I will have to wait until Australia Day 2015. Why? There are not supposed to be any quotas for citizenship so there is no need to introduce a waiting period. DIBP should notify councils straight away when they approve citizenship applications to enable people to take vacant slots on forthcoming ceremonies.

... still waiting

1. Date applied 29/04/2014

2. City/Council area Sydney / willoughby

3. Online / Paper Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email 29/04/2014

5. Date of the Citizenship Test 12/05/2014

6. Approved 12/05/2014

7. Date of ceremony 05/09/2014 (Sydney City office, Not my local council)

8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal

Hi Whans

On what date did you receive your invitation for the ceremony?