Christmas is coming!

HappyHeart

Six and a half weeks!! Sneaks up on you here in Australia! Are you ready, prepared? Do you make as much fuss as when back in the UK?

We have both taken a fortnight off this year as the rellies are coming for their first Aussie crimbo, 5 and a half weeks till they arrive, this will be our 5 th in Perth and we've given up trying to be Aussie about it, we're poms so the more traditional the better...I'll be doing a chicken dinner with all the trimmings, already bought my Christmas pud...have started shopping, got big present for 7 year old, plus bits like tablecloth etc...

We will go to the beach Christmas Eve as normal, probably picnic at sunset and stay home all Christmas day, hopefully the spa will be in place by then so will have a splash..

Will be choosing our tree in a few weeks from the tree farm and cutting it down mid Dec, changing colour scheme this year went all modern with blue and silver a few years back but want traditional this year...

I am really looking forward to a family Christmas this year...for me Christmas is a state of mind not a place but it helps to have family around..

Oh and Ive treated myself to a new Now Xmas CD...is it too early to start playing it d'ya reckon?:ssign4:

We are off to Hawaii for Christmas! We did that last year and it was so wonderful we just had to go back. Can't wait for the Hawaiian Christmas music, the hula girls dancing to Mele Kalikimaka, it's magical. We're staying at a hotel that has a lovely Christmas display made of chocolate, representing major world cities covered in snow, with model trains running through it, so pretty. Weather should be balmy, cooler and comfier than Brisbane.

last day of work is just 5 weeks today - amazing!

We are really looking forward to our first Christmas in Perth. I am waiting to hear if our Church does a Crib Service on Christmas Eve (one of my favourite parts of Christmas). I'm also looking for an Anglican Church which does Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve (as our Church does not do it). The two services are my favourite part of Christmas.

Does anyone know any Churches in the Northern suburbs (between Karrinyup and Joondalup) which definitely do a Crib Service and Midnight Mass?

I'm still trying to get my head round it being sunny and warm over Christmas, but I think it will be lovely!

I adore Christmas! Suspect we will be doing a BBQ though. Will have to decide nearer the time.

Six and a half weeks!! Sneaks up on you here in Australia! Are you ready, prepared? Do you make as much fuss as when back in the UK?

We have both taken a fortnight off this year as the rellies are coming for their first Aussie crimbo, 5 and a half weeks till they arrive, this will be our 5 th in Perth and we've given up trying to be Aussie about it, we're poms so the more traditional the better...I'll be doing a chicken dinner with all the trimmings, already bought my Christmas pud...have started shopping, got big present for 7 year old, plus bits like tablecloth etc...

We will go to the beach Christmas Eve as normal, probably picnic at sunset and stay home all Christmas day, hopefully the spa will be in place by then so will have a splash..

Will be choosing our tree in a few weeks from the tree farm and cutting it down mid Dec, changing colour scheme this year went all modern with blue and silver a few years back but want traditional this year...

I am really looking forward to a family Christmas this year...for me Christmas is a state of mind not a place but it helps to have family around..

Oh and Ive treated myself to a new Now Xmas CD...is it too early to start playing it d'ya reckon?:ssign4:

I like your style HH ..........:yes:...........Xmas always brings a tear to my eye but I love it ............

Bahumbug lol. The main thing i like about is getting new pyjamas, slippers socks etc and spending time with my family on xmas day. Never know how long i've got with my gran and grandad so i appreciate spending the day with them. Plus my aunt cooks a lovely dinner. Will be my first xmas without Dave so its bound to feel a little weird

Many more bigger and better xmases for you stacey. Enjoy your time with your grandparents. My nan is last one standing so looking forward to pampering her this xmas. Shes 82, hope she has another 10 years but you never know...will treat her like I wont see her again, best plan x

Bahumbug lol. The main thing i like about is getting new pyjamas, slippers socks etc and spending time with my family on xmas day. Never know how long i've got with my gran and grandad so i appreciate spending the day with them. Plus my aunt cooks a lovely dinner. Will be my first xmas without Dave so its bound to feel a little weird

Enjoy it Stacey I personally think you are a better person without Dave , you need to move Dom ...................:wink:

Enjoy it Stacey I personally think you are a better person without Dave , you need to move Dom ...................:wink:

Thats a bit below the belt, you dont know anything about me and dave but i'll take it as well meaning because i know you were just trying to be nice.

We're quite traditional too - open presents then just chill for a while. Go around to my aunts for dinner and my grand parents come down from Glasgow. Have turkey with all the trimmings then i feel stuffed and go home and chill in my new pj's and watch a dvd or cheesy xmas tv :laugh:

Xmas Eve we have dinner outside and the kids are allowed to open one gift from under the tree - it's usually from their aunt in the UK. Xmas morning - i'm first up (always), the kids are getting older so I find I have to make more noise to get them up lol ... pressie opening then brunch outside - last year we made breakfast bruschetta this year it's probably back to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, fruit and pancakes. Lazy afternoon by the pool - don't go to the beach xmas day as it would make us feel like a tourist, hubby cooks ham and turkey, I set the table and we eat about 6pm, we have cocktails and mocktails prior to dinner (which we eat indoors).

Boxing day we have friends over - and eat left overs and put some stuff on the BBQ

Normally I do most of the Christmas stuff. But this year I won't get home from work till a few days before, so the wife will have to do most of it. We will be doing the traditional lunch which I will cook.

I am buying by wife a tanzanite gem for christmas. So won't need to go shopping when I get home. Then it is her birthday in January and will have it cut, polished and set for her birthday.

New years is normally a sea food BBQ.

Normally I do most of the Christmas stuff. But this year I won't get home from work till a few days before, so the wife will have to do most of it. We will be doing the traditional lunch which I will cook.

I am buying by wife a tanzanite gem for christmas. So won't need to go shopping when I get home. Then it is her birthday in January and will have it cut, polished and set for her birthday.

New years is normally a sea food BBQ.

Just looked at some pics VS ... what a beautiful stone - how will you have it set (would love to see a pic of the finished product).

Moved to Vic five weeks ago and really can't get my head round it being Christmas.

I bought presents and wrapped them and left them for everyone back in UK but haven't bought a single thing here so far.

Money is extremely tight and I really haven't decided what to do on Christmas day yet.

We will take a pic of us all on the beach with xmas hats on to send back to everyone to make them giggle.

May compromise with a turkey, stuffing and cranberry pastry pie and salad this year!

Will be a very strange one.

We've done a mix of hot and cold food for past few years and the kitchen still gets warm but that's what a/c is for. I'm not doing a turkey this year I'm going to do bacon wrapped chicken breast with sweet potato puree, roast potatoes, Brussels, honey glazed carrots, bread sauce, sausagemeat stuffing balls and gravy. I do like a proper dinner.

Just looked at some pics VS ... what a beautiful stone - how will you have it set (would love to see a pic of the finished product).

Not sure yet as I haven't seen the stone - one of my guys has a small tanzanite mine on the side. But probably as a pendant. If you want one, then pm me. They come uncut but are a lot (50%) the cost of a cut stone. I will post a pic when it's complete.

We've done a mix of hot and cold food for past few years and the kitchen still gets warm but that's what a/c is for. I'm not doing a turkey this year I'm going to do bacon wrapped chicken breast with sweet potato puree, roast potatoes, Brussels, honey glazed carrots, bread sauce, sausagemeat stuffing balls and gravy. I do like a proper dinner.

I haven't finalised my menu yet lol

This will be my 4th Christmas here and this year I'm sooooo excited!! I've finally got my head around a hot sunny Christmas at last, I'm really excited and I'm loving that it's also the long school holidays and after a lovely Christmas Day at home were off camping down south for 2 weeks of beach, fishing and just chilling as a family!!! And, finally, listening to 'snow is falling...all around us...' And all the other fab Christmas tunes actually feels quite normal while sat in my cozzie in 30 degrees!!!!

Just read your post to my hubby who promptly said shall we play some Christmas tunes, so guess what were now listening to!!!! I think my 6 year olds going to ask us to put the tree up later ha ha!!!

Archived