Monthly spending

chubbs75

Hello all

Can you tell me what's your monthly spending on utility, food, rent and all necessary spending.

And please state where you live.

I would like to know plus would be helpful for people who thinking of the big move.

Appreciate your input.

I have no idea, I don't think many people do honestly count up every $. I reckon we spent about $8-9k at a guess.

Is this really helpful? Surely what matters is that you can afford the lifestyle you want to have. Consider what you would like to live on in the UK, multiply by 2 to 2.5, see what you can earn and if it is aligned then bingo.

There are lots of threads on this...to give you an idea heres a good one that is some sort of idea what a family may pay out.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/144145-family-5-living-costs-perth-sorry-old-ground-i-know.html

We all have different things that we feel are necessities however so what one may spend may be wayyyy above what you might wish to fork out and again may also be a tight budget compared to what you or I may spend. Depends on your lifestyle I guess as Rupert has pointed out.

Have a search for 'outgoings' 'monthly spend' things like that in the search bar :)

We were in Canberra, two oldies running two cars, no mortgage or rent and my average credit card spend (everything goes on the card and gets paid off) was around the $5k mark for a month. No great extravaganzas there either, just the occasional meal out, a bit of DiY and a few hobbies which werent overly expensive.

I reckon we spend around $5000 per month including rent (which is $1900). That includes all bills, insurances, food, car costs, 1 gym membership, foxtel, and any other bits and pieces. That's for two people in an old house. But we are very frugal. We went out for a meal last night first time in about 2-3 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Single here in really nice one bedroom unit in cronulla nsw 2 roads from beach.. $1600 every 4 weeks rent, $50 or there about electric each month, $100 monthly phone and wifi, around $100 petrol, $200 shopping monthly roughly, I put around $2.5ka month in savings and rest is depends on what I'm doing, I'm not great drinker out so not much on booze..I bring home around $5.5 every four weeks..enjoying spending money saved since May on my sons visiting and paid for my pr visa, etc...hope this helps

Archived