Mega hot in Sydney tomorrow (Thursday?) Could be 39 Degrees.

MARYROSE02

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sounds horrible, just how do you cope with that sort of heat? Oh yeah I forgot ..... You have air con, swimming pools and the fabulous sea to dip into, you lucky beggar, lol.

Enjoy it mate.

Sounds horrible, just how do you cope with that sort of heat? Oh yeah I forgot ..... You have air con, swimming pools and the fabulous sea to dip into, you lucky beggar, lol.

Enjoy it mate.

said like somebody who is not living in oz! How about the reality; not sleeping well due to the heat (not even summer), getting up for work tired, getting on a train with broken air con ( to be fair didn't happen that often but when it got too hot the air con broke down), sweaty before you get to work, air con in the office so had to put clothes on to keep warm! Ha

Guest The Ropey HOFF
What I would give to be back there now.

Are you sure ????? W&W makes it sound like a hell hole, lol

Are you sure ????? W&W makes it sound like a hell hole, lol

Nothing much to be said for 39 degrees, especially if it lingers for a few days. Most don't have pools in their back yards, many don't do air conditioning and if do don't go out into the heat and the beach is far too hot for most during the height of the heat.

Not so different in aspects to a cold day in UK. Still indoors in heating/aircon.

And it if does reach 39, it will be hottest October day ever?

If we get to 39,I believe it will be the hottest October day in around 50 years. If it goes over 39 then it will be the hottest October day on record.

Don't know if we'll get there. 31 just now.

I hate how im freeezing in wrk though as they blast the aircon day n night..I need clothes for walking to wrk in or even going near a Window n seperate clothes for working in..then have to try not venture outside while im at wrk, even on my lunch break coz I'd have to change my clothes again! Its not like holiday heat...n my husband is outside wrking in it all day wth a whole kit of safety gear to wear.....its just like scotland really. .except its cold n wet u avoid...will be my first summer here and im scared if this is spring. .will I melt..or die!..still I think id rather have this than b wet all the time..soon find out...

I hate how im freeezing in wrk though as they blast the aircon day n night..I need clothes for walking to wrk in or even going near a Window n seperate clothes for working in..then have to try not venture outside while im at wrk, even on my lunch break coz I'd have to change my clothes again! Its not like holiday heat...n my husband is outside wrking in it all day wth a whole kit of safety gear to wear.....its just like scotland really. .except its cold n wet u avoid...will be my first summer here and im scared if this is spring. .will I melt..or die!..still I think id rather have this than b wet all the time..soon find out...

Do what most people do. Keep a cardi on the back of your office chair to wear at work when the A/C is too cool. Take it off when you leave to go home.

Do what most people do. Keep a cardi on the back of your office chair to wear at work when the A/C is too cool. Take it off when you leave to go home.

Its not enough. .the place I wrk is like an ice box..I thought a cardi would suffice too at first but oh no! And footwear...too cold inside for no socks n little shoes..too hot outside for socks or boots..ive got a long walk home too so taking off a cardi isnt enough..just nd go get used to it I guess

Enjoy it mate.

Don't have air con or a swimming pool and can't really pop to the beach when supposed to be at work. There is nothing fun about 39 degrees, I have not met anyone that enjoys that temperature since I have been here.

Don't have air con or a swimming pool and can't really pop to the beach when supposed to be at work. There is nothing fun about 39 degrees, I have not met anyone that enjoys that temperature since I have been here.

Move to Brissie we have a beach in the city :rolleyes:

Archived