I'm gutted too!

Lambethlad

I find this disturbing too. And had the shoe been on the other foot and it was a group preaching the same hate message against muslims I reckon there would have been an outcry from that community....complete disgrace that hate like that is allowed to be broadcast so freely. Is it any wonder the issue will never be resolved? She showed an amazing amount of restraint when the guy poked his finger in her face...shame on him!

This is why I am glad I live in Australia and not in the UK. I lived in Slough and the situation was similar. Some Muslims have an attitude problem to put it mildly. A mate of mine was berated and received verbal abuse for simply walking his dog on the street. If they don't like dogs or UK laws then they should live in a country with sharia law.

Wow..... dont know what to say to that without being accused of something. Incitement to hatred is one thing .......but this should not be allowed....by anyone irrespective of nationality, colour, race, religion etc. I admire that lady and feel for her.... if that was my home town not sure what i would feel ????.

I know a few muslim people and they certainly don't have opinions like that, its a pity to see this. It does not help the cause of Muslims the world over. Then again other religions have their own problems, with fundamentalists in every religion etc.

Religion should have no say in anything except in how they conduct their own religion be it Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish etc.

Its the same as any club if you have rules and you want to live by them, fine by me. But dont expect other people to live by them

I have no problems with anyone practicing whatever religion/faith they choose but do not try to impose it on other people.

Governments rule for the benefit of all its people not just a chosen few.

Like any country if you dont like the way it is run you can always leave. And if you want to live in a country that favours your religious beliefs at the exclusion of everything else.......well go there

Sad really

This is why I am glad I live in Australia and not in the UK. I lived in Slough and the situation was similar. Some Muslims have an attitude problem to put it mildly. A mate of mine was berated and received verbal abuse for simply walking his dog on the street. If they don't like dogs or UK laws then they should live in a country with sharia law.
and oz is whiter than white correct me if i am wrong but dont the aborigines get a hard time and it is there country.

and oz is whiter than white correct me if i am wrong but dont the aborigines get a hard time and it is there country.

That is true. the situation with the aborigines is very sad in some places and great wrongs have been committed in the past but I don't see them committing acts of terrorism or calling for the imposition of barbaric and medieval legal systems on the population

It makes me sick.... I don't think I am racist but this kind of behaviour makes it hard to look past this.... Can you imagine what would happen if white people chanted this in a Muslim country.... even if white British people did a march and chanted about Muslims in Luton there would be murder.... How can they tell her to put clothes on in a british town and cover up but when they are told to take their burka off they go mental and say they have the right to wear it.... I even have to watch how I word this as I write so it doesn't get taken the wrong way.... That Video just really does make me sick and angry.... As I am writing this it has just come on sky news about two mosques being evacuated due to bomb scares and the guy who did the Boston marathon bombs is on the front cover of rolling stone magazine.... Enough said really....

Guest guest30085

I have worked with many from the Asian community (from Pakistani or Indian or Bangladeshi origin) over the last few years and have never heard any racist comments from any of them. Yes there are problems at times with integration in the community but on the whole, I have found people to be lovely whatever their ethnic or cultural background.

But it's only the extremists who get the news coverage. Of course the comments on this clip are shocking and no I don't think they should be allowed. But then again I don't think they should be allowed by people like Tommy Robinson from the EDL, or the former leaders of the extremist Irish groups who were legally given their voice back after a ban for years. The list goes on.

At the end of the day, these people in the video ARE British and it makes me sad that there is such hatred for their 'own' people.

I have worked with many from the Asian community (from Pakistani or Indian or Bangladeshi origin) over the last few years and have never heard any racist comments from any of them. Yes there are problems at times with integration in the community but on the whole, I have found people to be lovely whatever their ethnic or cultural background.

But it's only the extremists who get the news coverage. Of course the comments on this clip are shocking and no I don't think they should be allowed. But then again I don't think they should be allowed by people like Tommy Robinson from the EDL, or the former leaders of the extremist Irish groups who were legally given their voice back after a ban for years. The list goes on.

At the end of the day, these people in the video ARE British and it makes me sad that there is such hatred for their 'own' people.

i think you are right in what you say it is a minority that do this just like a minority the other way around.... I do think the police should have stepped in for what they were chanting.... I am all for free speech but its the way it is done.... If White british walked down the street chanting about any other race we would be stopped as it would be deemed as being racist, inciting a riot or breach of the peace.... I really don't see myself as a racist I just think it is all in a big mess and it is going to take some sorting out from both sides....

When we were visiting the UK a couple of months ago we stopped outside a mosque in London while we looked at where we had to go on the map. We were approached by three big burly men and told we weren't allowed to stand near the mosque because I wasn't dressed respectfully. As I was dressed in winter clothes we have since come to the conclusion they were referring to my uncovered hair. My OHs first inclination was to tell them where to go but they were quite agro and common sense prevailed and we high tailed it out of the area.

It didn't spoil our holiday but it did leave a sour taste about our time in London.

No, of course you won't hear racist comments from the people you work with because they know they would lose their jobs, what you also don't hear is the clap trap that is bing spouted at their mosques (or places of worship, as they are called round these parts as officials try to avoid using the word mosque)

And you are right, racist remarks should not be allowed by people of the EDL or NF and the police see it this way too, and they arrest anybody on an EDL march who looks like they are causing trouble.

The Muslims on this video were shouting offensive, racist, inflammatory remarks and appeared to be getting away with it. Where were the police?

Lastly I do not consider these people to be British and they are certainly not "my own people"

They clearly have no intention of integrating with the society in which they are living and so they should be told to leave.

Guest guest30085
No, of course you won't hear racist comments from the people you work with because they know they would lose their jobs, what you also don't hear is the clap trap that is bing spouted at their mosques (or places of worship, as they are called round these parts as officials try to avoid using the word mosque)

And you are right, racist remarks should not be allowed by people of the EDL or NF and the police see it this way too, and they arrest anybody on an EDL march who looks like they are causing trouble.

The Muslims on this video were shouting offensive, racist, inflammatory remarks and appeared to be getting away with it. Where were the police?

Lastly I do not consider these people to be British and they are certainly not "my own people"

They clearly have no intention of integrating with the society in which they are living and so they should be told to leave.

Please can you tell me how they are not British? Or at least some of them are not British? If they were born here and have a British passport - where do you suggest we send them?

I work with people on a one to one basis and not in the workplace, so therefore nobody is at risk from losing their job so yes they are free to express their opinion in front of me and yet still I have never heard one racist remark from any of them.

Your comment of 'should be asked to leave' and 'are not of my people' seems a little hypocritical when you are calling someone for being racist.

As I stated in my first post, no I don't like what they are saying, but the majority accept and are not racist, only the minority are and they are the ones in the news.

This is disturbing, thankfully every Muslim I have met has been really lovely. One guy told me some stories from the Qur'an (because I asked, he was not preaching) and it seems like a peaceful religion that does not match up to what those imbeciles in the video are saying. If it wasn't so frightening I would have laughed when that protester said they were marching against oppression, sharia law sounds very oppressive indeed and in a way I pity the extremists, especially the women.

They don't have extremist muslims in Australia????? I think you need to open your eyes mate!

Adonna,although these people might be british,if they won't/accept our way of life,freedoms and so on,maybe they should consider a move to a country that shares their beliefs instead of trying to change ours!I'm not saying that in an angry way either.It just makes complete sense to me,and feel they would be a lot happier?Its like when some of the lebenese community in Sydney a few years ago kicked off about aussie women wearing bikini's.Thats what some aussie women choose to do in Australia.If they don't like it,return to/or move to a country that shares your beliefs,then everyone is happy!:biggrin:I can remember a few years back some extreme muslims were trying to ban Xmas here (UK).If they can't accept we celebrate Xmas in our own land,then move where they don't celebrate it.Simple really!I do believe us brits and aussies should make a tougher stand on these people.We shouldn't have to accept that behaviour just because we're scared it might be viewed as rascists.Infact they are the racists for not accepting our way of life in our own country.

There is more to being British than just holding a British passport.

If you believe that the laws of the land do not apply to you, and that anybody that is of a different religion to yours will burn in hell then you are clearly living in the wrong country.

Adonna,although these people might be british,if they won't/accept our way of life,freedoms and so on,maybe they should consider a move to a country that shares their beliefs instead of trying to change ours!I'm not saying that in an angry way either.It just makes complete sense to me,and feel they would be a lot happier?Its like when some of the lebenese community in Sydney a few years ago kicked off about aussie women wearing bikini's.Thats what some aussie women choose to do in Australia.If they don't like it,return to/or move to a country that shares your beliefs,then everyone is happy!:biggrin:I can remember a few years back some extreme muslims were trying to ban Xmas here (UK).If they can't accept we celebrate Xmas in our own land,then move where they don't celebrate it.Simple really!I do believe us brits and aussies should make a touger stand on these people.We shouldn't have to accept that behaviour just we're scared it might be viewed as rascists.Infact they are the racists for not accepting our way of life in our own country.

I think it's part of the sharia to spread the word of the Qur'an and try to achieve domination so everyone will go to heaven. This unfortunate crowd are just incredibly INSANE about it. They truly believe they will win, that's why they want to be in the UK. They are thankfully a minority. One of the lovely Muslims I met who told me nice things about the Qur'an, I thought it was quite sweet that he was gently trying to convince me it was the way to live my life so I would be 'saved'. If someone told me I looked 'naked in the street' or like I was 'trying to seduce everyone' I think I would have reacted just like Stacey Dooley did in that video. But I think the best thing to do is probably ignore them.

Archived