June lodged 190 Visa

jodi

hi all 190JUNEcrew...

i got visa grant just TODAY. caught me by surprise because i just sent form80 last friday!

we lodged our visa june18, CO allocated july14, did our police clearance and meds. then finally, the form80 last week.

wishing all the rest of the gang all the best!

this tread has been very helpful to me atleast.....

keep it coming guys!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fab news Shugah and Dek! at least some are being granted gives me a little hope any day now!

Moobobs I think were expected to wait up to 6 months but from this site I think the majority are granted in much less time hence why we (particularly me!) am getting so inpatient! Good luck

i had to wait exactly two months.

Lodged 14/06/2013

CO allocated 14/08/2013

Finally C/O has been allocated :)

took two months in our case too. asked for additional forms, which my agent will fill in and submit. keep praying for our case.

Hi all, just a quick one! Visa grant does that mean you've been allocated your visa? I thought it took 6 months (according to immigration site) so wasn't sure! We submitted our EOI and SS last week :-)

Visa grant in 6 months is the general timeline from the date CO gets allocated. However, it gets processed faster (within 1 month of CO allocation) depending on the backlog of DIAC..

Edited by faisalzone

Congratulations Shugah & dek!

We're another ones that have become impatient. As you can see from my signature below, we've submitted all the required documents more than a month ago, finished our medicals on the 23rd of July and still have no answer. On our evisa form, my wife's medicals are not required any more, so I guess they're all right. Mine are still marked as requested, which is strange, since I'm the healthier one and have not had any medical problems in the last 20 years bar a rare cold or flu.

Since this process has been very long for us, started, say, in March 2012, we have been patient so far. But in every step before, we've had some indications of where the process is. Now, we've got no idea if all our documents are OK, whether I'll be required to do some additional medical examinations or whether there'll be further checks in my company. There are no official information on what dates are being processed now, just this forum, where people have been getting visas with lodge dates both before and after ours. So, we're slowly running out of patience.

Luckily, I haven't quit my job or canceled the apartment we're renting.

Hi Miroslav,

Thank you so much. Well the immi site has a glitch, as sometimes you will see that your medical and your family's is there sometimes it isn't. All you can do is that you should mail your CO and ask him the progress of your application.

In my case my wife's medical was cleared as CO told me that he received. Mine was referred because I had history of Jaundice. Sometimes my wife's medical was marked as requested as well.

First time he told me that he didn't receive so I attached my medical receipt then after 2 weeks I mailed my CO and he replied " I have been advised that your medicals is under assessment at GLOBAL HEALTH" which means it's referred.

The other possibility is that ( no offense mate ) maybe yours is High Risk country so they will just refer it irrespectively. I might be wrong I'm just assuming.

Don't you worry maybe its just that you are in the waiting list and soon you wil receive your golden mail. All the best.

Once you are assigned CO no one can say anything as it's up to them to clear it out. If you read the forums you can roughly get an idea how much time it can take.

Apparently they are taking roughly 2 to 3 months to clear your grant IF your medicals are referred.

You can find jobs in Aus but yah again it all depends whether you wanna take the risk of going there and hunting for job or find job first and then move there. I'm not an expert just giving you suggestion.

My timeline:

EOI Invitation : 15 May 2013 , Visa Lodged : 21 May 2013 , Medicals : 23 May 2013 , CO Assigned : 03 June 2013 , Co received my wife's medical so requested mine, I attached my medical receipt and also FORM 80, Mailed CO : 15 June 2013 asking him about my medicals , he replied it's referred , PCC : 26 June 2013 , Mailed CO : 15 July 2013 no reply , VISA GRANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT : 15 Aug 2013 and you know what I checked it on 20 August 2013 as I was keeping myself busy not thinking about the visa. SO HAPPY NOW.

Cheers,

Shugah

Hi Shugah,

My country is regarded as a high risk country by DIAC, but most countries in the world are. Nevertheless, that's not the cause of the delay of my application.

Shortly after your reply, I received a phone call from IOM ( that conducts examinations here in Belgrade ) telling me I need additional health tests. They have made a mistake a month ago by not performing blood and X-ray tests, so I have to undergo those examinations now... So, my wait continues with a small consolation of knowing the reason for it.

BTW, immi site has many glitches :).

Yes, he's from Adelaide team 6.[/quote

Me to. Team 6 Adelaide. How do find the service? I am probably impatient. All docs e-mailed to him 3 weeks ago , because he could not retrieve it on e-visa. But no confirmation if he got it. E-mailed him to ask if he got my docs. But have not heard anything.

Everything is done now. But it seems to be radio silence from his side.

Skill Assessment 29 May 2013 - VIC Sponsorship 05 June 2013 - EOI submitted 06 June 2013 - Invitation 07 June 2013 - Visa Lodged 12 June 2013 - CO 25 July 2013 - PCC 03 August 2013 - Medical done 8 August - Medicals uploaded 16 August - Grant ?

Team 6 Adelaide. How do find the service?

Frankly, it's been more like talking to a machine. Just lots of pdfs with lists of documents needed and formal explanations on what each means. We didn't expect we'd get CO so soon after visa lodgment, knew that the medicals were missing, so we didn't ask for progress in the first couple of weeks. At first, we just sent an e-mail informing him of the date of our medicals. I was just about to write and ask for application status, when the call for additional examinations came.

The only thing that I'm not satisfied with is the lack of any confirmation my first and only e-mail was received. We were given 28 days to give any response, we responded by e-mail in two days, but since we didn't get any confirmation it was received, we were afraid it was blocked by spam filter or something similar.

There have been longer waits in this process ( five months to get skills assessment from Engineers Australia! ), so we learned to be patient :(.

Frankly, it's been more like talking to a machine. Just lots of pdfs with lists of documents needed and formal explanations on what each means. We didn't expect we'd get CO so soon after visa lodgment, knew that the medicals were missing, so we didn't ask for progress in the first couple of weeks. At first, we just sent an e-mail informing him of the date of our medicals. I was just about to write and ask for application status, when the call for additional examinations came.

The only thing that I'm not satisfied with is the lack of any confirmation my first and only e-mail was received. We were given 28 days to give any response, we responded by e-mail in two days, but since we didn't get any confirmation it was received, we were afraid it was blocked by spam filter or something similar.

There have been longer waits in this process ( five months to get skills assessment from Engineers Australia! ), so we learned to be patient :(.

We did exactly the same. That is why I am worried. I did not receive confirmation when I e-mailed the docs. So I am a bit stressed that it was blocked. But I will just have to wait and see. They say that they do not confirm that document was received. But that is the same as keeping you in the dark, and now you have to wonder if everything is o.k.

They can at least let you know what is done or the progress, once in a while

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Hi Miroslav & Stephen1,

Well my CO was also from Adelaide Team 6. He responded pretty well. After he asked for form 80 , PCC & medicals he replied only once, as my medical was referred. I waited for 2 months, even mailed him again after 2 weeks and there was no reply.

Normally when they have your PCC , form 80 and medicals they won't bother you or ask you anything. One of my mate he submitted everything what CO asked for and then after 4 weeks he asked for additional proof regarding Tax and and work experience. It took 1 week for my friend to gather the documents. Once he submitted after 2 days he received his grant.

I'm assuming that they might be calling your employer or checking relevant documents you submitted and then only they can take their decision.

Sometimes if you think that 28 days is not enough for you to submit any paper, you can mail them directly and say that you will be needing these many days approx. & they will accept that. Example : Some countries they take 3 months to give someone PCC so you can let them know.

Also depends on the CO, if you read the forum some COs reply every mail some don't. Also if your medical is referred then they will not inform you. I think you should mail your CO once in 2 weeks and ask him about the application. If it's referred or anything then they will mail you and tell you why it's taking time. This also depends if you have applied for 189 or 190. Usually 190 priority is higher than 189. But those whose medical got referred waited for few months. Mine was 190 and because my medical got referred it took 2 and half months.

Reading the forum I got an idea that most of them after submitting their PCC and medicals received their grant in 1 or 2 days irrespective of 189 or 190. My mailed my PCC to my CO on 26 June, but because of medicals I got my grant on 15 August 2013.

Don't worry guys your grant is round the corner please share the good news. All the best.

Cheers,

Shugah

Hi Stephen1,

No worries. Yes if you not hearing anything from them then it's good. Don't forget to share with us aite. Hope you gonna enjoy your time in kangrooland.

Cheers,

Shugah

Edited by Shugah
din't include not

Miroslav & Stephens,

We share almost the same timelines....

Well, we're the June 190 visa gang, aren't we :) ? Going to three different states, though.

Stephen1, you know what kept us calm, not worrying if our e-mail was received? When our CO contacted us on 16/7, he asked for medicals and my PCC. I had the document, but was waiting for the translation, which I received on 17th. I uploaded it to evisa website the next day and sent CO the email. Around 10/8, few days before 28 day deadline was about to expire, I told my wife I was worried our e-mail wasn't received and that I wanted to call DIAC by phone. She though wisely concluded that the mere fact I uploaded my PCC after CO's request means we have done something in that 28 day period.

Anyway, since I'm not uploading my health exam tests myself ( it is done by IOM, via emedical system, that is supposed to be quicker ), I don't expect any news from Adelaide before 2/9, so I'm going to keep quiet until then :). And yeah, no news from CO is good news. If he had some other objections to the documents submitted, I guess he would inform me by now.

Good luck to you both! Let's leave this topic ASAP ;).

Edited by Miroslav