WTF...

jimithechew

Guest chris955

I was reading a report on this the other day, they were basically saying how building work was being cancelled because of the excessive labour costs, it just wasnt viable. The difference between Union and non Union was about 25%. Once again the Unions will just shoot themselves in the foot.

Guest Guest 47403

People are only worth what others are willing to pay $36 ph this week maybe $26 ph in a few weeks time can't blame them for taking it whilst it's available.

Guest scrumpy

I thought it was doom n gloom in Perth at mo, is there still a demand for labouring , semi-skilled workers??

Labourers in Perth on $36+ per hour..... WTF....:eek:

Sounds a lot until you multiply it my 37.5 to give you the weekly wage. Around $1368 before tax and super. Roughly a $1000 a week after. Not much left once you've given $500+ on rent...

Guest JK2510
Sounds a lot until you multiply it my 37.5 to give you the weekly wage. Around $1368 before tax and super. Roughly a $1000 a week after. Not much left once you've given $500+ on rent...

Exactly $36 ph may sound like a lot of money but when you take into account rent or mortgage not a lot left really...you could probably take another $250 pw for groceries.

Guest Ptp113
Yes SS but can we swear like troopers,talk footy all smoko time,openly pass wind and scratch our......yeah lets not go there!:biglaugh:

​I can, why can't you?

What's the surprise for?? A good brickies labour is worth that. Most don't last and if you find a good one, they tend to get paid like tradesman. Some in Brisbane on that money. Ours earns $32 at the moment. He is good .

Look at it like this. If a bricklayer is getting say 90c - $1.00 per brick layed. Good quick brickies are laying 400-500 sometimes more on straight walls. a day. The brickies are getting $280 a day. That means the boss is earning money. If a labourer is cutting bricks on a saw, making sure brickies always have what they need , so the tradesman are constantly laying bricks ,he is run off his feet for 8 hours a day. Goes home buggered. Most here get paid for the lunch break and are getting 40 hr weeks. Sometimes 48 hr with Saturdays. They deserve every penny they make. Try what they do, most don't last the day out. You find a good one, you look after him to keep him.

and it would be $36 a hour plus super and should be work cover as well.

You don't say what type of labourer. There are some labourers who put in some heavy lifting for 8 hours or so and are expected to be semi skilled. Like the other posts say if they can do the work and have been lucky enough to get in then the employers must be happy to pay it. I'm sure there would be plenty of people queuing up to take their place on a lot less if there wasn't some other skill or something attached.

It's OK people writing in saying they are in the wrong job. Some of those people wouldn't last half a day labouring.

$36/hr equates to around $75,000 per annum and I see posts on here asking if people can survive on $100,000+ so it's not a massive wage. That's presuming it's full time, 40 hrs a week, 52 weeks a year and not contract, where they would not get holiday pay and have to rely on the work being constant.

Labourers in Perth on $36+ per hour..... WTF....:eek:

and who are you to say they shouldn't get that...?? Get off your high horse, stop looking down on people and if you dont like it then tough... I've got respect for the working man.

Guest chris955
It's a really hard job (physically) and it must be a nightmare with the heat, plus perth sounds really expensive

​Yes you do have to take into account the high cost of living over there.

Wow Stacey....I started reading your comment and felt my hackles rise was about to get ready for battle!!! My husband is an excavator operator and works bloody hard and is very good at what he does and saves the labourers a lot of work with how he can work to grades and levels. then I saw it was you and realised you were kidding! lol

Wow Stacey....I started reading your comment and felt my hackles rise was about to get ready for battle!!! My husband is an excavator operator and works bloody hard and is very good at what he does and saves the labourers a lot of work with how he can work to grades and levels. then I saw it was you and realised you were kidding! lol

Lol yep i was just joking, dave doesnt take the bait anymore! I know they work hard, other people think its just sitting on their ass doing nothing but it can be dangerous etc depending on the job. They make decent money, especially with overtime. Dave was talking to his last boss the other week because he might be going back on the diggers and he found out theres hardly any difference between their wages. I wouldnt want all that hassle of running the show if its barely better money!

Archived