Poor poor Tories you couldn't make it up!!

Guest Guest 47403

If I may say something here please, the bedroom tax is a rich mans kick to the poor, 2 weeks before this tax commences Cameron made the announcement that the MP's are to be awarded and extra £100 a week to help with the rising costs of their 2nd and 3rd homes they own. This is the true meaning of robbing the poor to give to the rich. All the people that are effected by this bedroom tax are the poorest of society and cannot afford the rent, nor can they afford the council tax that was added to it. It isn't a matter of older people being left with empty rooms after kids left home, it is an 'everyone on benefits' thing. A campaign managed to make the government back down on disabled children but not anywhere else. As for smaller properties - many have 2 bed flats/houses because 1 beds are rare in most of UK, and if you don't accept the 1st offer there isn't a 2nd offer. Not always the tenants fault that they have a spare bedroom, however, all the lord a/holes who have 10 and 20 bedroom estates (and I mean those in gov with or without a title) do not pay anything in the upkeep of their properties - it all comes out of the public purse. They are rogues and won't be happy until the poor are back on the streets begging for scraps. Tory's Victorian dream.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I think what you have explained is your view and understanding about the 6950. Do you in fact know that they have all put up their hand to move? Because from what I have heard I would doubt it.

No,the fact is,whether they have put their hand up to move or not it still leaves 6,950 paying a fine when they have no smaller property to move into,do you think this is fair?

The 'Bedroom Tax' on the face if it seems a good idea, if there is 1 person in a 4 bed house and a family in need, then what should a council do? So either move them on or charge them...

That said, allowing people to buy their council house at a knock-down prices as and still is, a stupid idea, it lowers the council house stock and means councils have to pay landlords what ever they charge, to house families....Councils should build up a housing stock and manage their stock accordingly.

If you want to buy a house, do what everyone else has to do, and pay the market rate for it.

The 'Bedroom Tax' on the face if it seems a good idea, if there is 1 person in a 4 bed house and a family in need, then what should a council do? So either move them on or charge them...

That said, allowing people to buy their council house at a knock-down prices as and still is, a stupid idea, it lowers the council house stock and means councils have to pay landlords what ever they charge, to house families....Councils should build up a housing stock and manage their stock accordingly.

If you want to buy a house, do what everyone else has to do, and pay the market rate for it.

We agree! short termism by thatcher,but it allowed thousands of council workers to be made redundant,saved on upkeep etc,so to her it was good,isnt there a third of them now in private landlords hands ?a lot of which the tax payer will be footing the bill for

No,the fact is,whether they have put their hand up to move or not it still leaves 6,950 paying a fine when they have no smaller property to move into,do you think this is fair?

No it's not fair if the put their hand up but there is nwhere to downsize to. But I 100% agree that those that don't want to move should pay

No it's not fair if the put their hand up but there is nwhere to downsize to. But I 100% agree that those that don't want to move should pay

So,we make 50 people move into a place with the right number of bedrooms for their needs(fair do's),but fine 6,950 who have no alternative.

You dont understand why im saying its unworkable and unfair then?

You ARE talking about this wakey? then no,ive seen way worse tasteless stuff than that on here,im surprised you havent?

The caption i guess youre talking about? nah,doesnt offend me one jot

Doesnt need to offend you to be dis respectful though. And just because you have seen worse on here doesn't make it any dis respectful either.

So,we make 50 people move into a place with the right number of bedrooms for their needs(fair do's),but fine 6,950 who have no alternative.

You dont understand why im saying its unworkable and unfair then?

Where have I said fine ones that have no alternative? Show me where I have said that. I have always said the ones that don't want to move should be paying.

What d'yer think then wakey?times that 6,950 by however many around the country and its not good is it? a captive population getting fined every week even tho they have no smaller property to move into,doesnt seem fair does it?

Again, where have I said fine those that have no alternative. Fine the ones that don't want to move.

Doesnt need to offend you to be dis respectful though. And just because you have seen worse on here doesn't make it any dis respectful either.

I dont find it that disrespectful,if it was an image of her with a big ice pick in her skull i could understand(even tho i despise the bastard),but it isnt,its like a Benny hill type joke,innuendo,no big deal to me

Anyway,your views on the bedroom tax being unworkable and unfair tho?

I dont find it that disrespectful,if it was an image of her with a big ice pick in her skull i could understand(even tho i despise the bastard),but it isnt,its like a Benny hill type joke,innuendo,no big deal to me

Anyway,your views on the bedroom tax being unworkable and unfair tho?

Youve got my views on the bedroom tax. Fine those that don't want to/refuse to move. Whether there is somewhere to move or not, if you don't want to move you pay.

Edited by wakeboard1980

Again, where have I said fine those that have no alternative. Fine the ones that don't want to move.

This is getting tedious wakey,but we will get there in the end,now.......

WHEN the 50 flats are taken up it leaves nowhere else for the 6,950 council tenants to downsize to,yeah?

Yet they WILL get fined for having an extra bedroom,IS THAT FAIR?

WHEN the 50 flats are taken up it leaves nowhere else for the 6,950 council tenants to downsize to,yeah?

You are right it is getting tedious. You must have missed my previous posts where I have said NO it isn't fair to fine someone that is willing to move.

Already answered your question...go back a page.

You are right it is getting tedious. You must have missed my previous posts where I have said NO it isn't fair to fine someone that is willing to move.

Whether they are willing to move or not,there will be 6,950 people getting fined every week in Newcastle,yet these same people couldnt downsize if they wanted to,so you agree its unworkable and unfair then? yes or no will do

You win I give up!

No,dont give up mate,make your points,im making mine,you make yours.

I dont think its been thought out,for the reasons given,if a council start fining people for NOT downsizing,but theres NO properties to downsize to,dont you think thats a bit ridiculous? i can see the court cases now