Unemployment Benefits for 190 PR holder with famil in SA

Dream Runner

Any idea about "Unemployment Benefits for 190 PR holder with famil in SA"?

my code is 261314 (Software Tester) and I am plannig to come by early 2013.

How much $ does SA government gives if you have your family with you (Wife + 1 kid) and you are jobless?

What is criteria for it?Is there any police...Please share..

Also what is the timeline to get benefits?

If I am coming alone, and fami;y is not with me and I am jobless then can I get that benefits?

Please throw some light..

Any idea about "Unemployment Benefits for 190 PR holder with famil in SA"?

my code is 261314 (Software Tester) and I am plannig to come by early 2013.

How much $ does SA government gives if you have your family with you (Wife + 1 kid) and you are jobless?

What is criteria for it?Is there any police...Please share..

Also what is the timeline to get benefits?

If I am coming alone, and fami;y is not with me and I am jobless then can I get that benefits?

Please throw some light..

This is a wind up right?

Guys,

You are getting me wrong...

First of all they did not ask me about my currect assets while giving me visa.

Secondly I am concrened that If I am coming with family....and if it takes time to get a job...then how should I survive?

I am not at all "ONLY" dependent on social benefits..rather that is not my intention....I am just thinking about worst case scenario...

Guys,

Secondly I am concrened that If I am coming with family....and if it takes time to get a job...then how should I survive?

I am not at all "ONLY" dependent on social benefits..rather that is not my intention....I am just thinking about worst case scenario...

If you have SA sponsored 190 visa then you surely needed to demonstrate that you had funds to support yourself.

But this is besides the point.

You need to have money to support yourself in case it takes time to get a job and indeed you should assume it will take time to find a job. If you do not have money to support yourself and your family, then one option is to delay your move until you have had time to save up a substantial sum of money to fund the move and your living costs in those early months. Another option would be to save up less than a substantial sum and come over by yourself first of all and bring your family once you have found a job. Either way you definitely need to save up, because the good Australian taxpayers should not and will not be footing the bill for a fresh off the plane migrant.

Guys,

One of the Eligibility requirements for SA Nomination is that you have enough financial capacity

"11.1 Applicants must ensure that they have sufficient funds for settling and living when they arrive in South Australia. Applicants should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted and these funds must be available upon arrival in South Australia. Evidence of financial capacity is not required. However, Immigration SA reserves the right to seek additional information or evidence at a later stage if necessary."

You would have to state that you have $35K and at least $20K cash or savings.

They maybe dont ask for proof but you state that you have the money to be able to settle.

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

If you're coming here on a PR visa, you can take any job (aside from federal government jobs) so you could work in retail or doing data entry, for example, until you find something in your field. Some people have to do this to make ends meet, especially in a softer job market. Minimum wage is just under $16/hour I believe, so although it's not a huge amount of money, it could tide you over in the meantime.

DR, as the other posters have alrteady said, you will not be entitled to ANY benefits/social security payments until you have been here for 2 years and have paid in to the system - you MIGHT get some level of family tax benefit for your child, but not necessarily your wife. You should come jhere with enough money to maintain yourselves until you are working. It is surprising that they didn't ask you about your personal assests as that is usually one of the considerations in granting youa visa, however it is certainly something you are going to have to conisder before you come!!!

As you have gained your visa based on a skills need, you should not struggle to find work, although having said that, I personally did not find ity straight forward and it took me 5 months to get my current 1 year contract which is about to come to an end - I have not found the job search easy! Preparing for the worst case scenario is sensible!

Good luck

T

Worst case scenario is return to your country of origin and apply for benefits there, emigrating is a risk but it is your risk.... not the Australian tax payers risk.

I am not knocking your post as I think you are spot on, however if someone had said the same thing on pio re migrants to the UK there would be uproar, it seems odd to me that it is ok one way but not the other :unsure:

Archived