Guy needs help for Christmas for wife.

VERYSTORMY

We are fast approaching again and I am getting stuck (again). I have her main present sorted - she want a smart phone. But I like to get a range of smaller things.

Problem is the following:

She isn't a chocolate fan

I buy her flowers regularly

She has loads of jewelry. Got away with it last year as she has never had opal. but got her ring......

Fashion. She has particular tastes

Perfume, nope, she doesn't like expensive ones.

HELP!

Does she like beauty treatments, like spa days stuff that she would probably feel guilty buying for herself, our local salons are doing an assortment of various priced packs, half days including facials, massages that sort of thing ..... I know I have hinted to my husband that a gift voucher from my favourite slob would be welcomed with open arms ..... Good luck

Does she read ? I like a good book, if hubbys isnt sure which one he gets me a gift card for the book store i use. I have no favorite perfume but dont mind a gift set with various small bottles in it as it gives me a chance to new fragrances,ive seen some in the chemist shops at the plaza so you could probably pick one up easy enough. I also like 'Smellys' bubble baths, body lotion and soaps, nothing better than soaking in a bubbly bath reading a good book.

Does she have a car ? what about some nice seat covers?

Hope this gives you a few ideas

Cal x

One year my OH got me a lottery ticket with all our impotant dates on (b/day, anniversary etc) cheap to do but could have been brilliant if only it had been the winning numbers.

Does she have a favourite food? My OH loves cherry bakewells he hasn't had any since we got here so I'm going to buy him some and wrap them up as a silly present..... sometimes cheap little present mean more.

Hobbies? Interests?

Or, how about something you build yourself? I probably got my biggest brownie point a couple of years back when I built a small bench to go by our front door--she'd been saying she wanted one (to put her handbag on when unlocking the door) but hadn't found a suitable one at the shops.

It's easier to buy lots of little things so why not make up a Christmas stocking for her and fill it! something to read/watch/listen to/wear/use/ eat/drink etc etc. Smart phone cover, books "dummies guide to smart phones" magazine on aps, Big vase if you keep buying her flowers (lucky woman),

It's easier to buy lots of little things so why not make up a Christmas stocking for her and fill it! something to read/watch/listen to/wear/use/ eat/drink etc etc. Smart phone cover, books "dummies guide to smart phones" magazine on aps, Big vase if you keep buying her flowers (lucky woman),

You can take my hubby xmas shopping Bob - when and where should he meet you lol

Thanks guys. The best up to now is probably the spa idea as she doesn't read a lot, isn't into bath salt type things and knowing my DIY ability (about that of a fish) wouldn't appreciate that. Though excellent idea, I shall pass on to more gifted friends.

The phone accessories is a good one but would like something more romantic as well.

Guest Guest26012

I got my Xmas prezzie today! Bought hubs a watch for his birthday in October, he didn't like it so I got a credit note! Took him shopping today and dragged him into the jewellers to spend his credit note, "you buy yourself something for Xmas he says"! I protested but he INSISTED! I am now the owner of a gorgeous pearl bracelet! Sorted lol!

I got my Xmas prezzie today! Bought hubs a watch for his birthday in October, he didn't like it so I got a credit note! Took him shopping today and dragged him into the jewellers to spend his credit note, "you buy yourself something for Xmas he says"! I protested but he INSISTED! I am now the owner of a gorgeous pearl bracelet! Sorted lol!

Love it :cool: my husband is just the same, he says ' I have everything I need, I've got you, lol, x x some people are so happy to please:biglaugh:

Guest Guest26012
Triumph thunderbird storm , or victory highball please

No bloody chance! Ask again when I win the lotto! Driving lessons and a car I will get you!

Guest The Pom Queen

What a great idea, I'll buy hubby something I know he will hate and then get a credit voucher

Guest The Pom Queen

Why not a romantic weekend away or a meal out. Also DVDs.

I have to admit I don't want anything. I can't honestly think of one thing I'd want.

Guest Guest26012
What a great idea, I'll buy hubby something I know he will hate and then get a credit voucher

It worked Kate! He fell for it!:biglaugh:

Guest Bazinga

I like activities as opposed to gifts so this year we went to see matchbox 20. For valentines we will see Colin Hay. Tho my birthday gift was a kitchen aid thingy which I love! I'm a fan of vouchers and silly gifts. Got hubby a pie maker....

Good choice VERYSTORMY, every female relative of mine always has beauty treatment vouchers on their 'wish list', including myself. To make it even more thoughtful you could book it in for a day you know she has booked off over Christmas. I'd advise booking in even as early as this week because the holiday period gets booked up fast! If you're worried about which treatment to choose, explain to the salon that it's a gift so you're guessing. They should book your OH in for an allotted time and I'm sure if she called ahead she could get the treatment changed if she didn't want exactly what she's booked in for. A neck, back and shoulder massage with mini facial is a winner I think - a bit of everything. I guess it's up to how much you want to spend.

Now I just need to get my husband to read this thread! ;)

Archived