189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Congratulations. We also used Visa Bureau and were glad we did. What nursing do you do and where are you heading?

Im a Midwife. Was thinking about NSW but will go wherever I can find a job :) Just in the process of titivating my house to sell and sorting my little doggie out with his paperwork. What about you? what branch of nursing are you in and where is your chosen destination? X

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest KazG
Im a Midwife. Was thinking about NSW but will go wherever I can find a job :) Just in the process of titivating my house to sell and sorting my little doggie out with his paperwork. What about you? what branch of nursing are you in and where is your chosen destination? X

I'm a Mental Health Nurse, hoping to go to Perth. We are also starting to get the house up to scratch as we intend to rent out. Just awaiting AHPRA and hope to go to Oz around October. Good luck

Right so this is fast becoming an incredibly costly, stressful, time consuming and infuriating process. Therefore being 'lazy' and asking these questions rather than spending extra hours trying to find out for myself ...

Whinging pom bit over with some questions.

1) I have a (clean) national Australian Police Check from August 2011 for my job (covering the period I lived there from July 08 - July 09), do I need to get a new one considering I haven't lived there since? 2 week holiday excluded. However I read that I only need to supply one if I lived 12 months of more, technically I was there for 358 days so maybe I don't even need one?

2) If yes do I need a state police check or does the national one cover everything?

3) I'm getting a ACRO police check for visa applications right? That should be easy to sort.

4) These medicals, can I get them done on the NHS, if not do I have to fork out for medical checks on top of the £2k I'm handing over. How would I go about front loading one of these for a 189 visa because ideally I need to be moving out in September? What paperwork and other sh1t do I need to bring to my health check?

Edited by largey88

Guys,

Got my grant on Thursday Last week (30/05) including my mom and I'm happy, excited about this.

The next challenge is finding a job in AUS and I hear that's not easy sitting overseas to secure one in AUS.

I do not wish to take a chance in quitting the job that I have now in India and migrate to AUS. Do you guys know how does one need to work on securing a job from overseas?

Any inputs/tips/tricks ?

Thank You

If I'm frontloading my medical what should I do. What did you do?

On skill select you can only front load once you have received your Visa invitation and paid your fee. There's a link where you load the documents to complete a form and then you can book your Medicals. Our centre wouldn't let us book until we had done this and they could see us on their system. We didn't have to wait for the case officer to ask so if you get it done before then you'll be front loading.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I am an architect by profession and have a few queries regarding the application of Visa subclass 189.

1. The AACA (education assessment authority for architects) mentions the processing time for the assessment to be 20 weeks. They have also requested not to phone them regarding the progress before the commencement of 15 weeks. Anyone there who can tell me the time scale in which they got their assessments done?

2. I have 2.3 years of professional work experience outside Australia and 9 months of academic internship. To be able to claim points for skilled employment, the immigration website mentions that we should have worked for 3 years in our occupation with minimum 20 hours per week as mandatory working hours. Can we claim points for the internship experience also? I had worked for 45 hours per week during my internship. If yes, then what proof should I submit in my documents to be able to claim ponts for the same.

3. My assessment authority doesn't provide any evaluation on experience.

Going mad with the IELTS scores. The first time I took the IELTS test, I scored an overall 8 (writing was 7.5) and the next time the scores dropped to overall 7.5 (writing came out to be 7). Giving up trust on IELTS assessments now. :(

We were granted our 189 last Thursday so thought I would put up our time scale for other peoples reference :)

Visa application submitted: 9th march 2013

CO request medical and police check: 13th April 2013

Slight delay due to booking medicals (medical done:29th may)

Visa granted: 6th June 2013

All happened a lot quicker than we expected! Our CO was in the Adelaide team, very quick and helpful when we had the problem with our medicals.

Nyssa

In that case what documents am I supposed to submit to claim points for skilled employment. I guess, work experience letter from the company should work. Do we require salary slips or bank account details as well.?

Hey guys, only just came across this thread.

My onshore 189 grant came through on Friday (7th June) after a really quick processing time. Visa was approved within a day of CO finally receiving medical paperwork from Medibank. My timeline/details-

Occupation Psychologist. EOI submitted 7/4/2013, invitation to apply 21/04/2013.

189 ONSHORE visa application 25/4/2013, allocated CO 16/5/2013, visa granted 7/6/2013.

IELTS General Listening 8.5, writing 8.5, reading 9, speaking 9, overall 9. Points 70.

I did it all myself without a migration officer, saved myself a fortune this way and once I got my head around it it was all very straightforward. Good luck to everyone else.

Steph :laugh:

Hey all, we applied for SI-189. No update yet.

ANZSCO: 233512

IELTS: Band score: 7.5 (L: 7.5, Sp: 7.5, Wr: 7.0, Re: 7.0)

Visa application submitted: 06 Feb, 2013

CO request updated CV and Form 80: 03 Apr, 2013

CO: Team 07, GSM Adelaide

Anybody there who applied before or after 06 Feb, 2013 and assigned with Team 07, GSM Adelaide. Just to share experiences and assume the processing timeline.

Edited by Nazim Uddin

Finally got VISA GRANT!! :) After Medibank eventually got their Sh*t together ...everything else went swimmingly. Good luck to everyone else waiting :biggrin:

Congratulations & good luck

Hi All,

Got a question here.

Age - 30 Point

IELTS - 10 Point

Degree - 15 Point

Work experience 1 year in Aus - 5 Point <--- ***

I had my skill assessed to Civil Engineer (233211). But my work experience in Australia, for more than a year, is a Structural engineer. (also written in my employer statement).

Do you guys think, I will have trouble not getting the extra 5 points?

Jed

P.S: How to update signature?

I had my medical about 5 working days ago. I was wondering if I get confirmation that they've uploaded the details to my e-visa application. Will it appear in my attached documents because it hasn't so far and I haven't heard anything from their side either.

I submitted my application of 4th June so hopefully it won't be long until I get a CO. All my other documents are already loaded up.

I had my medical about 5 working days ago. I was wondering if I get confirmation that they've uploaded the details to my e-visa application. Will it appear in my attached documents because it hasn't so far and I haven't heard anything from their side either.

I submitted my application of 4th June so hopefully it won't be long until I get a CO. All my other documents are already loaded up.

Our medical centre told us it would take a week for the results to come back and load them onto the eHealth system. It was exactly 7 days and we emailed our CO to check they had been received. Somehow they had all been received exempt for one and after a few telephone calls and emails between us and our CO and medical centre our visa was approved. I would suggest waiting a few more days and then checking.

accountant-60 points, applied 30/5/13 EOI, Inv 4/6/13, Applied for visa 8/6/13, medical done, police check done mine, partner waiting still.

Co?

Grant?

Would be interested to hear when you get a CO, looks like you're a couple of weeks ahead of us.