189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be interested to hear when you get a CO, looks like you're a couple of weeks ahead of us.

Yep look like we gonna get same time,, we see.. hope many more poeple sent their timeframes here so we can compare and judge of whats happening.

the advertised waiting time is 8 weeks so u got to wait another 3 or say 4 weeks

I hope not. The standard wait for most people seems to be about 5 weeks. I applied on the 4th June and haven't heard yet. All the documents are sorted though including my medical. Fingers crossed.

Hi, we have received our invite and we are going to lodge at the weekend. However I haven't started the evisa application yet... does it give you details and information on how to label your evidence files? I am not using an agent so don't want to do anything wrong!! Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, we have received our invite and we are going to lodge at the weekend. However I haven't started the evisa application yet... does it give you details and information on how to label your evidence files? I am not using an agent so don't want to do anything wrong!! Thanks in advance! :)

Visit this link http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration-attachments.htm

This details how you should name your documents.

I hope not. The standard wait for most people seems to be about 5 weeks. I applied on the 4th June and haven't heard yet. All the documents are sorted though including my medical. Fingers crossed.

visit there website, it clearly states 8 weeks.....

ok.. so i woke up this morning and out of no where, without any question called the DIAC... to my surprise, the call went through in first go, and i had to hold just for like 5 minutes before i got to a customer services lady.... now below is what she told me...

I have a case office since 9th May 2013.. i asked then why don't i have a notification? she said if required, only then he/she will contact me, otherwise i will straight away get a health test go e-mail and i should expect that kind of e-mail shortly, so basically, i am again in that unbearable and frustration state of wait n wait n wait...

p.s: i have a cse officer from team 34 Brisbane

ok.. so i woke up this morning and out of no where, without any question called the DIAC... to my surprise, the call went through in first go, and i had to hold just for like 5 minutes before i got to a customer services lady.... now below is what she told me...

I have a case office since 9th May 2013.. i asked then why don't i have a notification? she said if required, only then he/she will contact me, otherwise i will straight away get a health test go e-mail and i should expect that kind of e-mail shortly, so basically, i am again in that unbearable and frustration state of wait n wait n wait...

p.s: i have a cse officer from team 34 Brisbane

Could you please share the number you called?

Hi All,

I would like to share some of my experiences with you regarding my stay in Aus.

It’s been 2 years now since I came into this country and I have never experienced such a racist attitude towards outsiders.

I am an Indian and I have experienced too much of hardships in finding a job. I am a software engineer and in spite of having dynamic skill set and experience working in numerous technologies I was not called for a single interview for 7 to 8 months. Jobs are rare out here and outsiders are not entertained. Only when I changed my name in my resume to an 'English' name I immediately started getting calls for attending interviews. In interviews they make you feel as if you are a novice and do not have the skills to work.

This proves the point that Australia is a racist country. The AUS government claims the country to be a multi-cultural, but in reality they are not.

Secondly, the pay rates are not at all equal, the employers differ their pay rates as per the ethnicity of the candidate.

A white guy having the same experience and qualification will get more than any other.

People used to tell me that one must be able to speak in AUS accent in order to get a job offer. WHT THE F@##!! If I am able to speak good English how does the accent matter?

I have lived in United States for 5 years and have never ever experienced this kind of **** treatment. Americans give priority to your skills and expertise and not to your ethnicity. Moreover talented people are always welcome and promoted. It doesn’t matter at all whether you are an Indian, African, Middle Eastern or a white. I was much better off in US. They are much diversified and open to other cultures.

AUS Govt. is just looting outsiders by showing them false hopes and promises of having a good life in the country. But over here its total ****!!

Let me tell you one thing dear AUS, Indians can outperform whites in any technology. Throw a challenge at us and we ready for it. Whites might have ruled the Indian sub-continent for 200 years but don’t forget we are much smarter than you and have beaten you at your own game. We have the largest pool of engineers and Scientist and the civilization started from us. So what you guys think you are? Rulers of the whole World? Well, that’s History now. It’s we who are ruling you indirectly. (If you can’t believe it, Then look around you)

So goodbye AUS, Relocating back to US. Thanks for giving me this experience as I do not wish to return to this **** hole.

And By the way, Indians can speak much better English (I must have proved this point by now).

sorry to hear your story, IronMan2.

I'm Asian, born and raised in the Philippines, and worked in the US for 3 years right after college. I'm currently in Australia working as a nurse. So far I have not experienced any racist comments or any discrimination. Maybe they do say some things when I'm not around. But hey, I'm guilty of that too. It's unfortunate that we have "pre-conceived" ideas of what certain nationalities are. Maybe not discriminatory in nature, but some form of "stereotyping".

And about accents, they're actually "fascinated" about mine. Like I said, I'm Asian so I look Asian, but because I worked in the US and grew up with more or less an American culture due to Philippines' affiliation with the US, so I have a very strong American (Midwestern) accent according to pretty much everyone I spoke to. Although sometimes they don't understand my accent (especially when I say daughter they always hear "doctor").

But yeah, I know where you're coming from, but let us not generalised on things. Maybe part of the reason is Australia just opened its doors recently compared to United States' decades of open immigration policy. So maybe in a sense, we can say that Australia is still in the process of "maturing" when it comes to being a multicultural and diverse society.

I hope you do well in the States. I miss it there. Hope I can visit back to Kansas some day.

Yeah, as Nomadgreen said, Do not generalize/...! Ofcourse there are a few issues and all sides are to blame. Since you've brought up the discrimination against Indians because you are one ( I am too), I would say Indians have to be blamed also. We abuse the system and we try to find loopholes and just abuse them for our own temporary or permanent advantage. This happens from the Individual level to the Corporate level (if you've been reading the news).

Ofcourse, the Developed ethical race ( As they would like to be related to) also indulge in unfair practices (again, if you've been reading the news im talking about the American alliance internet spying ) and they kinda get away with it. And no one really is standing against them. No ones really blaming them. But hey,, We (Indians for an example) cannot really stand against them or play the blame game cuz we have our own wrong doings to tackle and just look at me here, I just generalized Indians on the whole when actually it is just a few percentage of Indians abusing the system.

So please do not generalize. I have been in Australia for 4 years now and to survive and be at par with fellow aussies at work or in the community, You have to fit in to the culture,, Just like any other ethnicity would have to fit in to our Indian Culture if they were to stay in India ( Although India's getting heavily westernized in a different way).

Australia might not be like the US, its a shame and that multicultural society and the related psyche has not fully kicked in yet but following the idiom 'When it rome, do as the romans do' just might help in Australia.

Could you please share the number you called?

You are such a lucky person,, so is that mean you didnt load your medical or did you load police check and medical before

??Quit dont und,, why officer do not contact you,, in case you file is good,,why you take from 8 may not to be granted?

I would imagine that the case officer will be reviewing the file and documentation and checking all the details are correct and the evidencd is what is needed and is all up to scratch, I wouldnt worry about te amount of time its taken so far. As difficult as it is, we just need to be patient and have faith that if the CO needs anything they'll be in touch.

You are such a lucky person,, so is that mean you didnt load your medical or did you load police check and medical before

??Quit dont und,, why officer do not contact you,, in case you file is good,,why you take from 8 may not to be granted?

Sorry but your message is not very clear to me.

As you said that CO has been allocated to you, but lady told you that all is ok....i am not clear than why your officer take so much time from 8 may?

Think you are confusing me with someone else. I have never been assigned or contacted by a CO yet.

visit there website, it clearly states 8 weeks.....

Yes I know that, but that's a maximum. Look at people's time lines in their signatures and they generally get a CO within 4-6 weeks. Either way, mine is likely to take exactly 8 weeks now. I can see how perhaps being slow, expensive and inefficient will put off people who aren't serious but once I've handed over two grand I think it's pretty clear by this point that I'm serious. I've handed over a months wages so it'd be nice to think somebody is working hard processing my documentation.