189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Nigel A, just read the 22nd april report, last 60 point invitation was sent for visa date of 13-4-13. I must have missed it by few hours .. Nevertheless, hoping to receive the invitation in the upcoming 6th may round.

PS: congratz on the little one, hope it all works out for you.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All 189 Visa gang, We had our invitation on the 04.02.13 and then our CO was on board by 02.04.13. All our qualifications and documents were uploaded within 2 weeks and Police checks and medicals completed within 3 weeks. Had our Visa granted on the 26.04.13

Our CO was excellent working out of Brisbane, quick to reply to our few emails and only requested 2 documents to be emailed as the scan versions were not received.

Our advice is to make sure you have all your info and docs in order and read the advice and guidance on the system.

At times our sent items were not recorded as received Medical and Birth Certs they showed as received 3 days later.

Good luck to all 189s happy to help if needed, moving to Melbourne in Sept

Hi All 189 Visa gang, We had our invitation on the 04.02.13 and then our CO was on board by 02.04.13. All our qualifications and documents were uploaded within 2 weeks and Police checks and medicals completed within 3 weeks. Had our Visa granted on the 26.04.13

Our CO was excellent working out of Brisbane, quick to reply to our few emails and only requested 2 documents to be emailed as the scan versions were not received.

Our advice is to make sure you have all your info and docs in order and read the advice and guidance on the system.

At times our sent items were not recorded as received Medical and Birth Certs they showed as received 3 days later.

Congratulations on getting your visa!

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations & good luck

Congrates Friend

manvir and amit where r u from guys im from india punjab and i have also applied 189 visa

my time linesare as follows

lodged eoi on august 2012 receives invitation to apply with 60 points on 2 nd dec 2012,applied 29th jan 2013 pcc done 8th feb 2013,medicals 2 march 2013 , still waiting

guys do u have any updates,if so the contact me ,and keep in touch

Hi Ranjit,

yes i m from india u can contact me on 9769982128 or we can get in touch with i also have applied for 189 on 25march for visa with all docs including meds & pcc at brisbane .........................

I've just had an e-mail saying I've got a case officer! Brisbane. She's asked for police check and medical. I only applied 1 week ago. Can't believe it was so quick had to read it about 3 times!

hi Jude,

Congrates

wat sub class did u apply n from where

Hi.

I just want to ease my minds and I guess this is the right thread for my question.

I haven't submitted an EOI for 189 visa since I don't have the required 60 points. I'll get that when I reach my 1st year here in Australia (5 points for Australian work experience). I just want to clarify, BASED ON THE CURRENT INVITATION ROUNDS, if I have 60 points by June 2013, there's a big chance of getting invited by the 2nd round of June or 1st round of July, right?

It's just that my agent told me that it may take 3-5 months to get invited. To be fair to the agent, she did say WITHIN those timeframe.

Is my assumption correct?

​Thanks.

Hi all, we got our 189 Visa granted today. I wasn't part of the gang, but thought I would share so you could see the timeline.

Was a much faster process than we were prepared for. I began in September last year with skills assessment and IELTS. We then took a break as we had a baby in November. We submitted EOI in January, and got invited after just 4 days. We then delayed applying as it had moved much faster than we expected, and wanted to give ourselves more time to activate the visas. We applied 1st March, grant today, so 2 months exactly from application.

Happy to help with any questions if I can. Good luck to all those still waiting or about to apply.

CONGRATULATIONS! on both visa & your new daughter joining in your family! - that is truly such beautiful news!

joining in this thread - my visa application got submitted, paid and lodged in Dec'2012 - it has been more than 5 months now ... i hope this 1st week of may, my visa gets "finally" granted! ........... i have to *sigh*

Guest KazG
Hi all, we got our 189 Visa granted today. I wasn't part of the gang, but thought I would share so you could see the timeline.

Was a much faster process than we were prepared for. I began in September last year with skills assessment and IELTS. We then took a break as we had a baby in November. We submitted EOI in January, and got invited after just 4 days. We then delayed applying as it had moved much faster than we expected, and wanted to give ourselves more time to activate the visas. We applied 1st March, grant today, so 2 months exactly from application.

Happy to help with any questions if I can. Good luck to all those still waiting or about to apply.

Congratulation and good luck

CONGRATULATIONS! on both visa & your new daughter joining in your family! - that is truly such beautiful news!

joining in this thread - my visa application got submitted, paid and lodged in Dec'2012 - it has been more than 5 months now ... i hope this 1st week of may, my visa gets "finally" granted! ........... i have to *sigh*

Many thanks. Hope you get some news soon too. :yes:

Hi friends,

got my visa yesterday very happy had to confirm some tings so posted today.............much awaited result got paid finally........... all the best friends

Congrats, and good luck to those still waiting!

Hi friends,

got my visa yesterday very happy had to confirm some tings so posted today.............much awaited result got paid finally........... all the best friends

You never shared your signature mate !! Congrats BTW.

where r u from sir and what r ur timelines i also applied 189 visa as a metal fitter still waiting

You don't necessarily need any experience. Skill select is designed so that people with either experience and/or a qualification become eligible to apply. When you fill out the application, you will be asked to list all your work experience for the last 10yrs (from memory). You will also be asked if you are claiming points from the listed work experience.

I am a graduate and was invited to apply even though I only had 6months engineering work experience.

Hi Kurvyy,

Thanks a lot for the information. Just to make things clearer , I have my masters from London,Uk. Does the recent graduate scheme apply only for Australian university students or can it be anyone with equivalent qualification? I do have sufficient points but no experience. Looking forward to your response.Cheers

Hi Kurvyy,

Thanks a lot for the information. Just to make things clearer , I have my masters from London,Uk. Does the recent graduate scheme apply only for Australian university students or can it be anyone with equivalent qualification? I do have sufficient points but no experience. Looking forward to your response.Cheers

Hey mate! If you completed your masters in London, it shouldn't be a problem as long as your qualifications have been positively assessed by the relevant authorities for skilled migration purposes. However if you had completed your course in Australia for a min of 2 years, you would have been able to claim an extra 5 points thanks to the Australian Study Requirement. I assume, to be eligible, you must have a min. of 8 band score in each of the modules of IELTS to be able to claim 20pts with Superior English??

Hope this helps!

i will soon lodge an EOI for subclass 189. I just want to know whether to start applying for PCC's now or wait for the CO to actually request for it. My agent told me to wait at least up to the time I get an invitation. But I want to do it before that since I've lived in 2 other countries (Philippines and USA) before moving here in Australia (457 visa) and processing times for those PCC's maybe lengthy and complicated.

Any suggestions or advice?

​Thanks.

i will soon lodge an EOI for subclass 189. I just want to know whether to start applying for PCC's now or wait for the CO to actually request for it. My agent told me to wait at least up to the time I get an invitation. But I want to do it before that since I've lived in 2 other countries (Philippines and USA) before moving here in Australia (457 visa) and processing times for those PCC's maybe lengthy and complicated.

Any suggestions or advice?

​Thanks.

If you are applying outside Australia, it is suggested you wait after applying for the visa according to the website. However a lot of us, apply before hand as they are a lengthy process as you said. I would wait till at least after getting invited. Also know that, once allocated, the COs know that sometimes it takes longer than 28days to provide such documents and they do accept proof that you are attempting to acquire such clearances such as receipts until you get it.