189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:ssign12:I have been assigned a CO today. And she requested our medical and PCCs. I am off to the medical center....:)

Congrats Bijit

So currently May applicants being assigned CO's... I believe next week or the week after would be June applicants getting assigned.. \However, Seeing is believing .!

or was it believing is seeing.!? Im confused....

Bijit , could you tell me the date of your lodgement please?

Edited by ranjith47

Hello all,

we live in the Netherlands and are hoping to be able to apply for a 189 in September/October. We are waiting for the outcome of the Engineers skills assessment.

Our migration bureau tells us that the actual lead-time at the DIAC after visa 189 EOI is approx. 2,5 months. Does this seems to optimistics?

Can anyone share recent experiences with either 'industrial engineer' or 189 visa experiences?

thank and cheers from Holland,

Dutchie

Congrats Bijit

So currently May applicants being assigned CO's... I believe next week or the week after would be June applicants getting assigned.. \However, Seeing is believing .!

or was it believing is seeing.!? Im confused....

Bijit , could you tell me the date of your lodgement please?

I applied on 25th May. So I guess your ones are not far away. Just wondering if my application is nearing grant or not. I have heard of few people who goes for security checks even after they have been requested medicals and PCCs. Is that so guys?

Hay biljit... congrates for the medical.... i applied in April and none about medicals so far... hoping for the best

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Haseeb, you should contact DIAC. It's already passed more than 8 weeks since you've lodged your application and no CO yet.

Haseeb, you should contact DIAC. It's already passed more than 8 weeks since you've lodged your application and no CO yet.

I did contact them around 2 weeks back.. they told me that i do have a CO, they even told me what team is he from, its just that the CO is asking me for nothing, although all my docs are complete, he should have asked for meds by now as he has been assigned to me since may 9th

Edited by Haseeb

Any grant today? or CO?

Nothing for me start my 6th week next week,, hope all of us in first Invitation June will come to play next week, lot of people said 6th week you got CO.

Why don't you call DIAC and check?

Why don't you call DIAC and check?

Why you so rude,, did i done sth to you? You shouldn't comment this way,, and if you want comment this way than prefer leave it for yourself. I asked generally.

Why you so rude,, did i done sth to you? You shouldn't comment this way,, and if you want comment this way than prefer leave it for yourself. I asked generally.

Hahahaha... :-) I'm so sorry my friend. I didn't mean to sound rude :-) since im replying from phone so i wanted to be short and precise

Hi all,

thanks for the information in this very useful thread.

189 skills assessment submitted to ACS (ICT Business Analyst) - 7/Apr/13

189 skills assessment granted - 8/Jul/13

EOI application submitted - 8/Jul/13

I am currently in Australia on a 457 visa and I wanted to know if anyone was able to provide any confirmation about the medical/police checks required as part of the 189 process. Both my wife and are are applying for the visa (her as my dependent). We were both born in the UK and have no medical issues. We were not required to perform any medical checks or examinations when we first came to Australia on my 457 visa.

Therefore, can anyone confirm if the medical and police checks are still required/mandatory for the 189? Is this something the CO makes a call on or is there something which explains the criteria?

I really want to know if there is anything I should be doing right now to ensure that so soon as I get the EOI invitation I can have the necessary proofs and docs in place to submit.

thanks so much for any assistance

Hi all,

thanks for the information in this very useful thread.

189 skills assessment submitted to ACS (ICT Business Analyst) - 7/Apr/13

189 skills assessment granted - 8/Jul/13

EOI application submitted - 8/Jul/13

I am currently in Australia on a 457 visa and I wanted to know if anyone was able to provide any confirmation about the medical/police checks required as part of the 189 process. Both my wife and are are applying for the visa (her as my dependent). We were both born in the UK and have no medical issues. We were not required to perform any medical checks or examinations when we first came to Australia on my 457 visa.

Therefore, can anyone confirm if the medical and police checks are still required/mandatory for the 189? Is this something the CO makes a call on or is there something which explains the criteria?

I really want to know if there is anything I should be doing right now to ensure that so soon as I get the EOI invitation I can have the necessary proofs and docs in place to submit.

thanks so much for any assistance

Hi mcfc... no matter where u are and what is ur status, if u r applying for 189, u will definitely need to have medicals and police checks, in ur case u might need police checks from Australia too... this is something required as a criteria and CO needs them no matter what... just keep ur personal, professional and educational information ready in scanned soft copies so that u can file for visa as soon as u get your EOI

I want to be in Aus come September even if this process drags on longer. Does applying for a 189 stop you in any way from flying over on a short stay or a work-travel visa?

Nops... u can get a bridging visa to travel, just make sure tell DIAC about ur travel