189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

If you've got 65 or 70 points you shouldn't have to wait longer than a couple of weeks for the invite. If you're on 60 it's a bit of a lottery in terms of the other people who apply.

So ... I'm sort of in the embarrassing situation of this being my last two days at work and still not having any sign of my Visa. As an Arsenal fan I'm used to waiting months during the summer for nothing to happen. On the plus side, 11 August Breaking Bad is back.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[h=1]Hi ,

I am currently on a 457 visa and applied for a 189 visa on june 3rd

My case officer is not assigned yet

My job is redundant and i am finishing my work on july 31st

Moreover , i have 90 days now to get a new employer or get my PR meanwhile to stay in australia

Now , i am getting calls from job consultancies and they need a PR or a valid Bridging visa with work rights to proceed with my application

My BVA is not active as i have 457 active , i dont want to leave australia

Please guide me which bridging visa i can apply to stay and work in australia meanwhile my 189 is processed ?

[/h]

I heard there is bridging visa which but do not let you work ,, just stay here for your decision. But you cant go home i think is BRIDHING VISA E. Otherwise school is the option to apply and extend you time here till decision,, all the time you can than cancell it and withdraw fees once granted PR.

If you've got 65 or 70 points you shouldn't have to wait longer than a couple of weeks for the invite. If you're on 60 it's a bit of a lottery in terms of the other people who apply.

So ... I'm sort of in the embarrassing situation of this being my last two days at work and still not having any sign of my Visa. As an Arsenal fan I'm used to waiting months during the summer for nothing to happen. On the plus side, 11 August Breaking Bad is back.

Did you ranf immigratium of how long it will take for you? As i see is your 8th week, they should let you know whats happening to you,, as you under condition of 8th week

Did anyone who applied for 189 in june or may end get a CO allocated recently ? is form 80 and form 1221 mandatory ?

For 189 form 80 is mandatory, 1221 isnt. Many applicants from may end have CO allocated, for example me :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I applied on june 3rd , 29th july its 8 weeks , after 8 weeks i will call immigration to ask for a case officer , but i understand that its just avg time , and it can take even 12 months for the grant and even 6-8 months for CO ? i guess there are no ppl for who it took that long

haseeb , when you got your case officer and when you applied , how long does it take from CO to grant (provided all docs are provided before case officer is assigned) ?

if everything goes fine , i should be getting a grant in one month , what do you think ?

I applied on june 3rd , 29th july its 8 weeks , after 8 weeks i will call immigration to ask for a case officer , but i understand that its just avg time , and it can take even 12 months for the grant and even 6-8 months for CO ? i guess there are no ppl for who it took that long

haseeb , when you got your case officer and when you applied , how long does it take from CO to grant (provided all docs are provided before case officer is assigned) ?

if everything goes fine , i should be getting a grant in one month , what do you think ?

See, the max time advertised for a CO to be allocated is 8 weeks and generally it gets done about in say 4 weeks. At times what happens is that u do have a CO but you don't know as they don't contact u unless they think its necessary.

Secondly, once a CO is allocated, again the advertised time is 12 months but it totally depends on ur CO's efficiency. I have cases in my immediate family where all documents were complete, legit and uploaded, but it took 18 months for a visa to be granted.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

But if CO has been allocated , when i called immigration they should have told you that , right ? moreover will we get the contact number of case officer after its assigned , could we call him and tell him all the documents have been uploaded ?

if you guys know anything about what bridging visa i can apply to make me stay here with work rights , let me know , i know you guys suggested bridging visa E (without work rights) but is there any way i can apply for any other visa ? how long is the processing time for those ?

Scenario:

-----------

I am currently on a 457 visa and applied for a 189 visa on june 3rd

My job is redundant and i am finishing my work on july 31st,Moreover , i have 90 days from july 31st to get a new employer or get my PR meanwhile to stay in australia

Now , i am getting calls from job consultancies and they need a PR or a valid Bridging visa with work rights to proceed with my application

VISA ISSUES:

My case officer is not assigned yet ,My BVA is not active as i have 457 active , i dont want to leave australia

WHat options are there to speed up my application ?

Options:

1.Verifying uploaded documents? i havent uploaded form 80 , so will do it today

2.Applying state sponsorshop at this stage and including in my aplication ?

Options to let me stay here and need a bridging visa with work rights , so i can apply jobs without sponsorship?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Valid bridging visa with work rights

2.get a student visa meanwhile

3.Get a sponsor some how ?

if my visa makes me ineleigible for some jobs while they pop out , and i am due become bankrupt after 3 months (while searching for a sponsor)

I loose everything

That's my worry :(

umshiva,

Why dont you consult a Migration agent!? If you are on your 457 visa, after 90 days, if you dont hear anything about your 189 application ( most likely you will as it takes only 8 weeks and you applied on June 3rd) you will be on a Bridging Visa and this is worst case if you ever have to go into being in Australia on a Bridging Visa.

I am assuming you will be granted a visa in the next two weeks if you have already uploaded all documents and done with medicals and Pcc.

I say this as I am also expecting grant within the next two weeks. I have sent in all documents possible to complement my visa application. If you havent done so, I suggest you provide ALL relevant documents.

Theres no way you will be treated any different from other applicants with regards to processing times.

They have the rule of 8 weeks and you WILL be allotted a CO within this time period. If there is further Security Checks or medical referrals, only then will there be delays.

I suggest that you relax and not be stressed or if you need professional help get a MARA agent onboard to help your case.

after 90 days i will NOT be on a bridging visa , as my BVA will be cancelled along with 457 , reason being bridging visa's are given only when existing visa expires (confusingly written as 'ceased') in the bridging visa grant A thats the issue