Uk debt collection

familybonesinoz

I think you will probably find that non repayment of debt will happen more and more now as people struggle to pay for life's must's such as food, fuel etc and take out things such as pay day loan's, top up mortgages and whatever else to get by and then perhaps see moving abroad as a way out, some of course will borrow money recklessly with no intention of paying it back but some maybe will have done it out of desperation.

4thou plus annual % rate with Wonga i believe,and not one gvnmt have done anything about it,sickening!

Lets face it,theres been that many well paid people in high office(public and private)fiddling and conning thousands if not millions in expenses and tax avoidance in the last few years,is it any wonder people are saying "balls to it,if they can do it...."

Might not be right,but its a natural/human reaction in my eyes

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imho,not paying debt is comparable to theft!I'd advise you to make contact and start repaying.How can you sleep at night if you don't?Its the right thing to do.

Like the banks fiddling the Libor rates for years was thieving off us,d'yer think they've got a conscience over that?

Face it,sadly fiddling and taking the p7ss are the norm now,look at the civil servants with their state credit cards,look at the expenses politicians and top policemen claim,the problem is the working populace seems to accept that when its big business,but when one of "us" do it,theres mass indignation

• Like 1

Oh I love these threads when the moral brigade go all out haha.

You get one life live it how you see best for you and your family and if you can sleep at night great, if not do something about it.

Going all the way back to the op the answer is NO unless its a government debt there is no reciprocal agreements between the uk and Australia.

I know someone over here owed a lot to HSBC and left it behind and they have a mortgage here with HSBC and nothing has ever been said so go figure!

Ignore the others do what is best for you and your family at the current time.

Oh I love these threads when the moral brigade go all out haha.

You get one life live it how you see best for you and your family and if you can sleep at night great, if not do something about it.

Going all the way back to the op the answer is NO unless its a government debt there is no reciprocal agreements between the uk and Australia.

I know someone over here owed a lot to HSBC and left it behind and they have a mortgage here with HSBC and nothing has ever been said so go figure!

Ignore the others do what is best for you and your family at the current time.

So you are basically saying to just leave the UK owing people money? Is that what you are saying? You owe people money but you agree with people who just leave without paying people what they owe them.....are you for real...

It is sad when people think, just do what is right for oneself, and not care about money owed etc.

If everyone thought like that there would be mass stealing and anarchy in the streets. Life doesn't and shouldn't be like that.

I'm sure we would all love to run away from our debts but 99% of us never do.

No read what I said each and everyone for them self and if that's a decision they make then so be it.

I merely saying if they can sleep at night and that's the action they take good on them. Everyone's situation is different and until we have been in the exact same position as them we shouldn't judge them.

I personally wouldn't do it but that's me, I have a few friends over here who have but that doesn't make them bad people, they did what they thought was best for their family at the time, and if they get away with it good luck to them.

I certainly won't lose any sleep over it or get on the moral high ground.

Like I said before we get one shot at this life and we have decisions to make. Lets be honest average family struggling in Uk couple of kids, dad loses his job due to economy, cannot find any more work and the bills start coming in.

Then all of a sudden they get thrown a lifeline and can come to oz and start afresh with no worries. Tempted don't say no because I guarantee you over 75% of people in the same situation would jump at the chance.

Do not judge until you have walked in their shoes was what another post said, how true!

No read what I said each and everyone for them self and if that's a decision they make then so be it.

I merely saying if they can sleep at night and that's the action they take good on them. Everyone's situation is different and until we have been in the exact same position as them we shouldn't judge them.

I personally wouldn't do it but that's me, I have a few friends over here who have but that doesn't make them bad people, they did what they thought was best for their family at the time, and if they get away with it good luck to them.

Like I said before we get one shot at this life and we have decisions to make. Lets be honest average family struggling in Uk couple of kids, dad loses his job due to economy, cannot find any more work and the bills start coming in.

Then all of a sudden they get thrown a lifeline and can come to oz and start afresh with no worries. Tempted don't say no because I guarantee you over 75% of people in the same situation would jump at the chance.

Do not judge until you have walked in their shoes was what another post said, how true!

so if someone breaks into a shop and steals a load of goods because they are struggling in life and sells them to help feed their family then that is ok with you.

But that is just an argument in favour of stealing.

You might as well say if you're poor and can get ahead by robbing houses and you don't get caught then good luck to you if it helps you get ahead.

Personally if the loans were taken out with the intention of never paying them back then that is theft - if the loan is part paid and changing circumstances have left someone unable to pay then that is one of lifes curve balls and what people then do is down to personal morals and how desperate your situation is. I know I`d at least make an offer of payment because you never know how your Aussie dream will turn out - situations change, dreams turn into nightmares.

The original poster asked a question, they didn`t ask for WW3 and without us knowing the full ins & outs maybe we could cut some slack?

No it's not, once again your twisting what I've said.

All Ian saying is everyone's situation is different and until we have been in exactly the same position we shouldn't judge.

The op asked a question and instead of just getting a sensible answer they get all the moral brigade having a go at them.

Do you not realise one day that same question could be asked by someone so desperate oz in their opinion is their last resort but they are struggling to do what they feel is right. So they come on here and get berated for asking a question.

Those answers could be enough to push that person over the edge.

Have an opinion, voice it but then leave it there's no need to get on such high ground or read into things that are not there.

But that is just an argument in favour of stealing.

You might as well say if you're poor and can get ahead by robbing houses and you don't get caught then good luck to you if it helps you get ahead.

It's as bad as stealing from someone's wallet, it is not their money..end of.

The moral brigade as I call them make me so angry sometimes.

I lost a friend because he was going through bad times and I learned from it.

You really cannot judge until you have lived it.

So in reality none of the moral brigade have ever been late on a bill, never missed paying their council tax and if they did couldn't sleep at night they were so worried.

Yeah whatever!

The moral brigade as I call them make me so angry sometimes.

I lost a friend because he was going through bad times and I learned from it.

You really cannot judge until you have lived it.

So in reality none of the moral brigade have ever been late on a bill, never missed paying their council tax and if they did couldn't sleep at night they were so worried.

Yeah whatever!

stealing is stealing no matter what bullshite you put on it.

Yeah whatever if it upsets you that much don't reply.

Oh and don't forget you better get to work so you can go pay all your bills on time, oh I forgot your so morally correct you pay them in advance don't you!

Don't bother replying either as I've said what I need to.

Yeah whatever if it upsets you that much don't reply.

Oh and don't forget you better get to work so you can go pay all your bills on time, oh I forgot your so morally correct you pay them in advance don't you!

Don't bother replying either as I've said what I need to.

You dot get it do you, taking money from people and not paying it back is wrong and theft, imagine if we all said we are not paying back money we owe, think about it.

Guest AKA63029

I agree that taking out a loan, mortgage, credit and the like WITHOUT any intention of ever paying it back is very iffy. But at times circumstances get beyond your control and though a very honest person 'sometimes' it is very difficult to pay back money, even when you 'know' it is the right thing to do.

Not all circumstances are the same unfortunately.

Cheers Tony.

Your the one who does not get it.

The op never said on their thread oh I've just nicked some money off the old lady down the road or I've taken this cash.

They are referring to a debt with Companies not people.

I will ask you one more question which might make you understand when you read it and I'm not trying to wind you up or anything so here goes.

You take money off a person , robbing , thieving or nicking as you call it. What happens if it gets reported to the police?

Answer= criminal conviction possibly prison time etc because its illegal.

You take out a loan on a car or buy a house with the intention of paying it back at the time and don't repay for whatever reason and leave the country. What happens when you say go back to the uk?

Answer= nothing!

So it is not thieving as you put it. Morally wrong yes but not stealing.

It's a civil matter, same applies if you never paid and stayed in uk, what's the worst that can happen? Ccj or bankruptcy.

I rest my case oh and for what it's worth my opinion is its morally wrong but in wise enough to know that you cannot chastise people just because you don't agree with their opinion.

Edited by bensdad

Wow...

I think it's all been said by others

Everyone's circumstances are different

That's simple but some can't see it

Theft I do not agree with also

But do you know how the op got this debt?

We're they made redundant, a loss on housing price crash, was it a family debt does that actually concern us

NO!!!

So who are we to judge them????