Perth is great, I love Perth - someone has to stick up for it.

Bob1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant! Positivity about Perth can't wait to get there in 8 weeks!

I love the sunshine and vibrant blue skies, I love that winter is short and I don't need a winter coat, I love the huge stretch of empty and clean beaches up the coast - that have free BBQ's and free parking - and you can always park. I love Kings Park. I love that Perth moves outdoors in the summer and I have watched Shakespeare, Opera and famous bands outside under the stars. I love that there is an open air cinema walking distance from the house - one of many in Perth that show films from Nov to April and it never rains. I love Good Sammy shops and Target and even red dot! I love the Regal theatre and His Majestys and try and go regularly but am never bored with the huge amateur theatre scene too. I love that I could eat at a different restaurant every night for a year and not repeat my choice even though I'd be fat and broke. I love the school system and the huge range of subjects kids can study in year11/12. I love never being in a traffic jam except on the freeway at rush hour. I love how I can always find somewhere to park - even in the city and don't have to use a steering lock.

I love Margaret River, I love Kalbarri, I love Albany and Pemberton, and Esperance and am not yet tired of going down south or up north. I love David Jones and Myer dept stores. I love the farmers markets at two of the schools near here, I love that I can choose 4 50m open air pools to swim in ten mins from the house, I love the huge range of sports that kids can do, I love that Perth has the facilities of a city but a small town feel, I love the river and taking a surf ski out on it, I love seeing all the sailing boats on the river when I drive home from work - and pelicans sitting on lamp posts, and people running and cycling. I love holidays in Rottnest when my sons were in Primary school and never felt we had to go anywhere else, I love that so many places have outdoor BBQ's that haven't been vandalised and are free and we have the weather to enjoy them, I love the lack of litter, I love that my kids can cycle to school and that they're not locked in like my niece who goes to school in the quiet highlands of Scotland,

I love sitting outdoors in cafes and not being bothered by midgies/smokers or rain, I love live music at Fly By Night and Kulcha in Freo, I love verge clearances, I love the wild freesias that bloom in the garden in the spring, I love jacaranda tress, I love bush walks and cycles, I love a hot Christmas, I love that my sons are more Australian than British, I love ABC720 radio, I love watching the sunset at the beach, I love the lemon tree in the garden and seeing olive plantations and vineyards and hour out of Perth, I love never needing gloves or a wooly scarf, I love that two local govt primary schools have pools that we can use in the summer holidays, I love the huge range of cheap night classes there are to do, I love that the Dockers won today, I love that I have never been out of work, I love the tourists that come to Perth and remind me how lucky I am to live here.

good job, I'm fed up with the negative posts put up on this site which there seems to many.

Why too many? They are just peoples' experiences and points of view. Just because they may not agree with your experiences (or in the case of many potential migrants in the UK, what you want to believe), that doesn't make them invalid

You don't have to like them, agree with them or even think they are right. If someone really gets on your wick, use the ignore list, that's what it's for

Guest garyheidi7

Brilliant post! We love it just as much as you, and like others say on here, it's great to hear good positive posts on here as it is full of doom and gloom posts, I agree. We nearly didn't choose WA after reading posts on PIO, but I am so glad we did!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I hated Perth.

Scotland has crappy weather mate, you should try Perth in Australia, it's fantastic there, lol

Guest JK2510

We had a terrible winters day on Saturday 24.c and bright blue sky's...I can't believe I have to endure these terrible conditions!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
We had a terrible winters day on Saturday 24.c and bright blue sky's...I can't believe I have to endure these terrible conditions!!

Get stuffed lol, just got back from Portugal and the pilot said we are just entering UK airspace ..... as if we needed telling, we could see the grey cloud mass out of the window, it's a different world.

Guest JK2510

I thought the uk was having good weather at the moment....I remember when we arrived in the uk after a holiday in Perth in 2009...the sky was black it was like something from war of the worlds and we drove down the M4 with torrential rain and hail....welcome home...:cool:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I thought the uk was having good weather at the moment....I remember when we arrived in the uk after a holiday in Perth in 2009...the sky was black it was like something from war of the worlds and we drove down the M4 with torrential rain and hail....welcome home...:cool:

There has been a short spell of nicer weather from all accounts, it's been quite hot which is rare at this time of year, I don't know if it has been sunny though, maybe someone living in London could tell us if there has been wall to wall sunshine darn sarf, I am sure if it had, it would have been headline news.

Perth in 1963 was a beaut, small, energetic city of just over 500,000 happy people. I lived in West Leederville then and walked to work evry day. Most people would leave their cars unlocked while shopping, there was very little crime and all was peaceful.

Went to work in the Kimberlies and Pilbara for over 12 years, came back and the population had mushroomed. I couldn't believe the way it had grown, not only outwards, but upwards as well. What the heck were those new fangled things stuck along roads??? Flyovers??? for cryin' out loud, how did it get to be a rat race?

But now, 2012 the population is estimated at over 1.7 million...:arghh:

Still, it's a very beautiful city.icon14.png

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Perth in 1963 was a beaut, small, energetic city of just over 500,000 happy people. I lived in West Leederville then and walked to work evry day. Most people would leave their cars unlocked while shopping, there was very little crime and all was peaceful.

Went to work in the Kimberlies and Pilbara for over 12 years, came back and the population had mushroomed. I couldn't believe the way it had grown, not only outwards, but upwards as well. What the heck were those new fangled things stuck along roads??? Flyovers??? for cryin' out loud, how did it get to be a rat race?

But now, 2012 the population is estimated at over 1.7 million...:arghh:

Still, it's a very beautiful city.icon14.png

Cheers, Bobj.

I thought everyone was leaving?

I suppose yer can't believe everything yer read on PIO. lol.

Archived