Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick update from me, not posted since page 40!

We've got a definitive response from my OH's oncologist, and this is a direct counter to the moc's opinion noted in the failed letter ( letter of natural justice). We sent this yesterday and hopefully we are not at the back of the queue again! Fingers crossed.

Frog

Hi Frogstercouk, apologies if this has already been stated above, but what kind of cancer did your OH have and is the person in remission now? My OH has been referred, he had cancer 5 years ago, am feeling quite worried...

Hi guys, its nice to see in some round about way that I'm not the only one waiting! We had our medicals on 31/07/2012 and I'm still referred! I phoned GH on the 20/9/2012 for an update and they told me that there is a huge back log of cases but currently they were looking at cases dated the 8th Aug and my case was referred on the 15th Aug. When I asked for an approximate date they couldn't give me one, but did state they'd hope to process it within 2 months!!!!

Morning,

Back to being the threads grinch!

Am absolutely and totally dejected! Seriously GH what is going on?, I have been told 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 8 weeks. I am now officially into 9th week, I will be very ill by the time this is over. Very ill from stress!

Hi Frogstercouk, apologies if this has already been stated above, but what kind of cancer did your OH have and is the person in remission now? My OH has been referred, he had cancer 5 years ago, am feeling quite worried...

My partner had lymphoma, but is only 2yrs plus in remission. We had to apply for the visa when we did as under the older rules you had to have recent Aus experience and in my case that was about to expire and be classed not recent (!) hence we applied early. From looking at a very old oncology document from the MOC, it generally (though this is a real generalisation) states that less than 3 years in remission you do not meet the med requirements, but there are some that less than 5 years applies. Generally however I have not seen any statements that refer to needing more than 5 years remission, but bear in mind this document was being revised and I have been trying in vain to get a copy of the new one.

In our case the issue seems to be that they have failed to notice that her diagnosis was in 2009, and since then she has successfully had chemo, anad has been cleared by the consultants. However they seem to think she has lymphoma and its going to get worse hence need treatment, in which case I could totally understand their stance.

Naturally the other issue is wheteher your partner is still taking expensive meds as a result of the cancer, as this may be more problematic.

Ive been amazed how little information there is out there for people post cancer so will once the dust settles on our case add as much info to these forums as I can so others may benefit. We have all been through a shocking time with the big C and the last thing you need is to have any more opportunities with life taken away from you , so knowing about people that have been granted visa's and any that fail would be sooooo nice to know.

Regards

Frogster

Guest Lisa26

Hi guys,

Am I being thick....how do I input my details into the spreadsheet? I've got the link but don't know how to write in it!!

Still no joy from my end either. Here's wishing you all good luck too!!!!!

Hi Indyanexpress,

It seems that mrpaulwilson received his visa grant on 26 Sep 2012 according to another thread;

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/151471-176-lodged-june-2012-a-210.html

And jonandsarah received their visa grant on 27 Sep 2012 according to another thread;

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/151471-176-lodged-june-2012-a-211.html

They will probably update you as well.

The above means that there is actually some progress ...:cute:

Guest ronkhu

I had sent a note to GH for a web query on 29th Sept and today responded with the following message :

" Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email.

The medical for yourself and child (XXXX) have been finalised.

The medical for Spouse (XXXX) is being assessed by the Medical Officer.

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing a large backlog of MOC work so this process may take some time. Please be assured we are endeavouring to finalise these cases as soon as possible.If assessment of these medicals is urgent, please contact your allocated Case Officer or relevant Business Section and request they contact GH regarding priority assessment of medicals."

Isn't this frustrating ?

My and my OHs med was referred on 7th Aug and today on 2nd Oct, I get this message - Does this mean that, in order to get the medical assessed for my Spouse, I have to again wait for this long ??

Well, if some members of the August gang are still waiting then I guess there's no sense for me to anticipate since mine was referred on mid September. To console myself, I just recall the old ACS accreditation days where you really had to wait for 3 months or more without any clue about the results.

Good luck to us all.

It's been another long day for me, waiting for my visitor visa :arghh: I thought everything would fall into place as soon as my medicals were finalised, and I got the pre-grant letter requesting me to return to Oz for the final decision, but little did I know I was due for another wait! When I applied for the visitor visa on 21/09/2012, I was told it would take 10 working days. I know it's only been 7 working days, but it sure does feel like 7 million working days...I have everything else set, and as soon as I get it I will be on my way back, possibly and God willing this weekend.

ION, anymore medicals finalised/visa grants today? Still praying for us all.

Guest keptray
Morning,

Back to being the threads grinch!

Am absolutely and totally dejected! Seriously GH what is going on?, I have been told 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 8 weeks. I am now officially into 9th week, I will be very ill by the time this is over. Very ill from stress!

I know how you feel it has just been 61 days since I was referred. I knew about the 2 month backlog but I was hoping they would sort it out in 2 months not take at least 2 months. I am just praying that it gets done without any need for further tests within the 10 week timeline. I just cannot take the waiting any longer.

I had sent a note to GH for a web query on 29th Sept and today responded with the following message :

" Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your email.

The medical for yourself and child (XXXX) have been finalised.

The medical for Spouse (XXXX) is being assessed by the Medical Officer.

Please be aware that we are currently experiencing a large backlog of MOC work so this process may take some time. Please be assured we are endeavouring to finalise these cases as soon as possible.If assessment of these medicals is urgent, please contact your allocated Case Officer or relevant Business Section and request they contact GH regarding priority assessment of medicals."

Isn't this frustrating ?

My and my OHs med was referred on 7th Aug and today on 2nd Oct, I get this message - Does this mean that, in order to get the medical assessed for my Spouse, I have to again wait for this long ??

OMG -:( This is frustrating..Hopefully your OH's too should get finalized soon, since both of you got referred on the same day. Our prayers are with you!!

I did write to Immigration dept on 17th Sept with regards to the delay in processing medicals and enquired about any service level agreements that exists for processing medicals. For eg: we know the processing time for a 175 or 176 visa, similarly we know officially published CO allocation timelines from the date of application lodgment.But no such official document been published by DIAC for medical processing.

Thank you for your feedback of 17 September 2012 concerning timeliness of processing medical examinations and assessments related to visa medicals. Your feedback has been referred to me for a response, and I apologise for the delay in responding.

Thank you for your encouraging remarks concerning the work this department has done to provide accountable and transparent client service to all our clients. I note your suggestion that service standards for the conducting of medicals and health assessments be publicly available. It is intended that medical processing times are absorbed within the broader service standards for the processing of visa applications, as one aspect of the visa application process.

While there are internal and contractual (as applicable) service standards that apply to the period of time that it takes for a medical assessment to be made, these internal service standards are not currently published.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

================================================================================================================

This above answer does not help our situation, anyways...-:(

Guest ronkhu
I did write to Immigration dept on 17th Sept with regards to the delay in processing medicals and enquired about any service level agreements that exists for processing medicals. For eg: we know the processing time for a 175 or 176 visa, similarly we know officially published CO allocation timelines from the date of application lodgment.But no such official document been published by DIAC for medical processing.

Thank you for your feedback of 17 September 2012 concerning timeliness of processing medical examinations and assessments related to visa medicals. Your feedback has been referred to me for a response, and I apologise for the delay in responding.

Thank you for your encouraging remarks concerning the work this department has done to provide accountable and transparent client service to all our clients. I note your suggestion that service standards for the conducting of medicals and health assessments be publicly available. It is intended that medical processing times are absorbed within the broader service standards for the processing of visa applications, as one aspect of the visa application process.

While there are internal and contractual (as applicable) service standards that apply to the period of time that it takes for a medical assessment to be made, these internal service standards are not currently published.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

================================================================================================================

This above answer does not help our situation, anyways...-:(

This is nothing more than a bloody diplomatic statement which is of no use.

Also, referring to my case, I was surprised to know that they dont pick up the medicals for assessment for all the applicants together and do it separately - Makes no sense at all.

If this is the case then why are the dependent applicants covered under the same TRN ?

Simply bullshit

This is nothing more than a bloody diplomatic statement which is of no use.

Also, referring to my case, I was surprised to know that they dont pick up the medicals for assessment for all the applicants together and do it separately - Makes no sense at all.

If this is the case then why are the dependent applicants covered under the same TRN ?

Simply bullshit

Some perspective here.

DIAC's external service standards are those relevant to the transaction a client has with the Department, it's internal processes and service levels are simply that (internal to DIAC) unless they impact on the delivery of the external service standard. All applications being quoted here are well within the published external service standards, which take into account that there will be peaks and troughs in workloads in the areas that are involved in the delivery of the end product - a visa.

Guest ronkhu
Some perspective here.

DIAC's external service standards are those relevant to the transaction a client has with the Department, it's internal processes and service levels are simply that (internal to DIAC) unless they impact on the delivery of the external service standard. All applications being quoted here are well within the published external service standards, which take into account that there will be peaks and troughs in workloads in the areas that are involved in the delivery of the end product - a visa.

Sounds like you are a DIAC employee !!!

The point here is we all know of most of the processes here but this forum is more to help each other, share their frustrations and joy - and I hope that is what few of us are doing - So, please dont highlight the processes here - most of us are well aware of it.

this is like slow torture! nothing for me, daughter referred 14th aug :( the anxiety of not knowing the outcome as she has a medical condition is eating me up, as unable to plan anything as there is a chance we wont be granted a visa, the not knowing and the waiting is now becoming intolerable :(:cry::no:

Guest ronkhu
this is like slow torture! nothing for me, daughter referred 14th aug :( the anxiety of not knowing the outcome as she has a medical condition is eating me up, as unable to plan anything as there is a chance we wont be granted a visa, the not knowing and the waiting is now becoming intolerable :(:cry::no:

Completely understand your position Wendy as I am also sailing on the same boat - the only difference is that we dont have any medical condition but still been referred due to past medical history that too, its all clear. Infact we got it checked before applying for the visa and it was all clear - not sure what and when will be receive the outcome.

Guest fultonclan

I know exactly how you feel Wendy, for me it's the not knowing the outcome, will we be approved??? :unsure:

Archived