Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

Allena,

Based on the current timelines your's is around 10 days away from finalization. Please refer the timeline tracker in my signature. Thanks!!

How can you tell? Because ours are referred since 15 august and nothing yet. no hystory medical

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi to all, well after a very anxious wait........knowing there is nothing wrong but worrying that maybe they found something......meds got finalised 28/09/12 and then following another sleepless week , checked DIAC this am and visa approved.

Thankyou to all who have submitted on this site, it has kept us going. We had our meds on 11/08/12, referred 20/08/12 (no medical history/reason) finalised 28/09/12 and visa approved 5/10/12.

This is our 2nd attempt at the visa as we made a foolish mistake in the 1st application so after a lot of money spent we are now very relieved.

Thanks to all (esp the spreadsheet producers/updaters) and good luck to all.

Rachel

Hi to all, well after a very anxious wait........knowing there is nothing wrong but worrying that maybe they found something......meds got finalised 28/09/12 and then following another sleepless week , checked DIAC this am and visa approved.

Thankyou to all who have submitted on this site, it has kept us going. We had our meds on 11/08/12, referred 20/08/12 (no medical history/reason) finalised 28/09/12 and visa approved 5/10/12.

This is our 2nd attempt at the visa as we made a foolish mistake in the 1st application so after a lot of money spent we are now very relieved.

Thanks to all (esp the spreadsheet producers/updaters) and good luck to all.

Rachel

:laugh:congratulations!!!!

Guest ronkhu

There is a bad news -- My wife's medicals got further referred today.

Received an email from HOC stating the following :

" I refer to your dependant's medical results received by the Global Health (GH) for the Australian visa application.

The Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC) has advised that further information is required before it can be determined whether your dependant meets the health criteria for entry into Australia.

It is therefore necessary for your dependant to undergo a further medical examination. Your dependant must attend to the same Panel Doctor who performed the initial medical examination. It is not acceptable for your dependant to approach alternative Panel Doctors for this follow-up request. The new requirements are already loaded into the online file.

Kindly hand this letter to the Clinic which performed the initial medical examination. The Panel Doctor will then record the results using the eHealth System. Your dependant must present their passport at the time of the examination.

The following additional information we require are:-

Details of previous or current treatment for XXXX required including drugs (use generic

names please) and the dates and duration of administration.Report to be accompanied by all

previous films and results of any tests."

Now I have booked an appointment again for Monday but my question is - Whether I have to go through the entire viscous cycle again and wait for the assessment for 2 months ???

raluca,

The paper one's takes bit more time than the online for sure. This has been confirmed by my agent. Add a minimum of a week to 2 weeks for paper one's.

Yes, but still... ours are referred from 15 august. it's about time, right?

" I refer to your dependant's medical results received by the Global Health (GH) for the Australian visa application.

The Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC) has advised that further information is required before it can be determined whether your dependant meets the health criteria for entry into Australia.

It is therefore necessary for your dependant to undergo a further medical examination. Your dependant must attend to the same Panel Doctor who performed the initial medical examination. It is not acceptable for your dependant to approach alternative Panel Doctors for this follow-up request. The new requirements are already loaded into the online file.

Kindly hand this letter to the Clinic which performed the initial medical examination. The Panel Doctor will then record the results using the eHealth System. Your dependant must present their passport at the time of the examination.

Details of previous or current treatment for XXXX required including drugs (use generic

names please) and the dates and duration of administration.Report to be accompanied by all

Now I have booked an appointment again for Monday but my question is - Whether I have to go through the entire viscous cycle again and wait for the assessment for 2 months ???

Sorry to hear the bad news -:(

I had also faced the same situation. Even though i mentioned about my precondition, panel doctor didn't advice me to go for special reports. Only after it got referred I was asked to take further reports. Luckily the delay was only a week, may be because I declared my condition.

This time ask the doctor and get whatever reports that are to be produced. Spending few thousand rupees more is less painful than this killing waiting period. Panel doctor should be able to help you in this regard. Good luck!!

Ronkhu,

When I rang Gh many moons ago, I got the 'we have a big backlog speech' the lady also said if we had compelling reasons to move up the queue inform the department. (I stupidly did not act then) I think at this stage you have paid your dues on the long wait list. When the results of the further assessment get sent back I would be emailing with a made up reason to hurry up attached and see what happens. I know others will think that is an unfair attitude, but if GH had a reasonable turn around time (even allowing for the increased numbers)or a balanced information network (randon dates given out, paper not online data available) I would agree, but you have waited paitently already. Your family can only take so much stress. I would be prioritising you and your family now.

Guest ronkhu
Ronkhu,

When I rang Gh many moons ago, I got the 'we have a big backlog speech' the lady also said if we had compelling reasons to move up the queue inform the department. (I stupidly did not act then) I think at this stage you have paid your dues on the long wait list. When the results of the further assessment get sent back I would be emailing with a made up reason to hurry up attached and see what happens. I know others will think that is an unfair attitude, but if GH had a reasonable turn around time (even allowing for the increased numbers)or a balanced information network (randon dates given out, paper not online data available) I would agree, but you have waited paitently already. Your family can only take so much stress. I would be prioritising you and your family now.

To be very honest - they take months only for a task which takes them not more than an hour and I can say this because today morning itself I had called up GH and the lady informed me that my partners medical was still in the queue and not picked up by any medical officer and to my surprise, after exactly 1 and half hours, I receive this shitty email from HOC asking for further medical for my partner - Isnt this pissing off an individual who waits for days and months and just gets to hear that the medical is referred inspite of the fact that the panel doctors who did the meds initially did not find any thing and just because you had a past medical history, you are being dragged to death by asking to furnish more information and go for additional tests - Makes no freaking sense at all.

Guest fultonclan

Sorry to hear this news ronkhu, my thoughts are with you and i hope this gets sorted real quick for you.

All the best

Rach x

Guest fultonclan
ours came through today after 7 weeks on the pile.

Time to see the moon upside down!

Bring on melbourne!

congratulations!!!!!

not sure this will help any, but i am in the same position, my daughter got sent that very same email, asking for different info, which we sent on the 19th of september and was logged as being received, that then went to reffered on the 24th of september and now still waiting for any further results, so possibly if you keep an eye on our time line, that will indicate how long it will take for you, but given it is now the weekend, based on mine so far, once you have submitted the further results it not going to be any quicker than three weeks after that, as by next monday will have been waiting nearly three weeks!! also should let you know that when i phoned up to make an appointment, i was told by the panel doctor that i didnt need another medical/appointment, that the info on the system just said they needed further info from consultant, even though the letter i received said different, i sent through my letter i had received and the further info from the consultant to the panel doc, and they said that would be fine? so fingers crossed i hear something soon, and that should give you an idea of how long you will be waiting. goodluck

our timeline

we originally applied in nov 2010

to be honest reading some of the threads on here, my case has run on rails the only hiccup was the medical referal towards the end.

mines a state sponsored visa for victoria.

got to be there by may next year, so were flying before the months out if we can!

the funny thing is we have had our leaving do booked for tonight for the last couple of months. all without having the final ok.

and it comes today! what are the odds of that! :)

*it must be stated, much help from Ian Harrop and pals, and the missus! Im pretty useless with paperwork, and without Jenny & Maxine on my case, i'd still be booking my IELTS

Guest ronkhu
not sure this will help any, but i am in the same position, my daughter got sent that very same email, asking for different info, which we sent on the 19th of september and was logged as being received, that then went to reffered on the 24th of september and now still waiting for any further results, so possibly if you keep an eye on our time line, that will indicate how long it will take for you, but given it is now the weekend, based on mine so far, once you have submitted the further results it not going to be any quicker than three weeks after that, as by next monday will have been waiting nearly three weeks!! also should let you know that when i phoned up to make an appointment, i was told by the panel doctor that i didnt need another medical/appointment, that the info on the system just said they needed further info from consultant, even though the letter i received said different, i sent through my letter i had received and the further info from the consultant to the panel doc, and they said that would be fine? so fingers crossed i hear something soon, and that should give you an idea of how long you will be waiting. goodluck

I have booked the appointment for monday and the hospital says that they would be able to let us know what exactly is required by the GH once we visit them on Monday and the doctor has to login to the eHealth system and provide our TRN number to check the note from GH and suggest our course of action accordingly.

Btw - can anyone let us know if there is a problem if I do not have the old test reports and xray films as the health condition that my wife had was 6-7 years back and I had changed houses many a times and now dont have those reports and films with us now.

Hi All

Just a quick update from me (meds referred 30/7, meds finalised and visa granted 24/9), we fly out to Perth tomorrow, decided we had done enough waiting, just wanted to get there and start our new life. Good luck to all those still waiting and congratulations to those who have made it through the application jungle on the emotional roller coaster!

It will all be worth it and after sorting all our stuff and getting packed up, I'm not doing it again, this is a one way ticket to a new life and adventure. May the adventure begin for you all in the very near future and see you on the other side. :biggrin:

My OH Health Requirements shows as finalised today whereas it also says "Further Medical tests referred". Does it mean that everything is OK or we should expect a further medical test reports email from CO

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]08/10/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements finalised[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 24/08/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Further medical results referred[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]HIV blood test referred[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi all just to let you know the good news had our visas granted today. Sent paper medicals beg June, email received 9th Aug asking for further report, report sent end of Aug and finally all granted 8th Oct. Good luck to all those waiting its so frustrating but worth it in the end. Now the hard work begins only got three months until we fly to Oz!!

Morning all. Just updating you all too. We got our 176 visa finalised today Finally! We had our medicals on 31st July then I was referred on the 15th August. Good luck everyone. And thank you for this brilliant thread. Xx

Nothing again today....i have again contacted our visa guy but he says we just have to wait....and wait...and wait...and wait....seriously.... Has anyone who submitted a PAPER medical been finalised from beginnning of August? Not everyone has said for the timeline and i am seriously worried ours have been put somewhere and forgotten :mad:

Archived