WA SS any news?

shabo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walkwater: indeed. When searching for jobs, we saw a lot in Perth, but very limited options around Mandurah. But maybe we are going to live there anyway. If ee have a job and good internet connection it is fine ;)

Plutology: 3d of August.

Hi DiandAlex

First of all wishing you the best for the rest of the procedure.Let me ask you something since we re in the same boat ; your 60 points were with or without the 489 sponsorship ?My occupation is also plumbing and I am currently waitting for TRA outcome ,finges crossed.Your reply would mean a lot to me.Thanx in advance.

What is your occupation FOL?? I remember you applied on 3 Aug,and your app no. was around 800

Ooops,just saw your post above..Social worker.

I wonder why they still havent invited Walkwater by now.Thats more than 2 months..even if they were going by occupation...surely!

Guest Nomads 1987

Hi guys,

We received a message through skillselect today telling us that WA Had viewed our EOI and are interested in contacting us. It goes on to say that we have been allocated a case officer and they will be in touch if they require any further information.

Just wondered if everyone else has received this message? and for those guys who have been invited already how long after you get this message did you receive an invite?

Was really wondering if this is just a standard message or we should be getting excited?

Been following this thread for weeks now, hope it all works out for everyone.

Visa: 190. SS application: 6th August. Occupation: Social Worker

Hi Spyros

Thank you - My 60 points is including the WA ss so if we do not get it we do not go to OZ. Hubby did IELTS 3 x and just couldnt get the required marks for the extra 10 points, if we had got them we would rather be applying for the 190 visa. Good luck with the TRA outcome. I am really getting anxious now and just wish we would hear something. Hopefully this week.

Good luck

Alex & Di

Hi guys,

We received a message through skillselect today telling us that WA Had viewed our EOI and are interested in contacting us. It goes on to say that we have been allocated a case officer and they will be in touch if they require any further information.

Just wondered if everyone else has received this message? and for those guys who have been invited already how long after you get this message did you receive an invite?

Was really wondering if this is just a standard message or we should be getting excited?

Been following this thread for weeks now, hope it all works out for everyone.

Visa: 190. SS application: 6th August. Occupation: Social Worker

Two working days after that!

Hey pubare a social worker too! Lets keep in contact. Maybe we can help each other with jobs or a network of employers or something.

Hi Spyros

Thank you - My 60 points is including the WA ss so if we do not get it we do not go to OZ. Hubby did IELTS 3 x and just couldnt get the required marks for the extra 10 points, if we had got them we would rather be applying for the 190 visa. Good luck with the TRA outcome. I am really getting anxious now and just wish we would hear something. Hopefully this week.

Good luck

Alex & Di

I wouldnt worry about it if I was in your shoes.You'd propably get an answer within a month or so ,judging from what I read .It seems WA is desperatelly looking for plumbers.By the way ,why hubby doesn't take some lessons from a tutor ,it seems that he will achieve a full 7 with a bit of practice .I have and consider that I am not a native speaker.I mean for me its a one way road to ask for a 489 although I don't mind living in regional areas for a couple of years.And a last question ,the proof of funds needs to be in cash or you can provide other assets such as cars that are for sale ,property and thinks like that.Thanx and wishing you patience and luck.

Guest Nomads 1987
Two working days after that!

Hey pubare a social worker too! Lets keep in contact. Maybe we can help each other with jobs or a network of employers or something.

Thanks for the info FOL. That'd be great to keep in touch. Where are you thinking of heading? Perth?

Also, Did you get asked for any extra evidence?

Anyone facing any difficulties in uploading your docs online for e-visa after Lodging?? I simply can't seem to find the application form I filled online for me and my wife!!

And will I get a receipt for paying the VISA fee? I just got a message on SkillSelect saying my EOI has been suspended because I have logded a VISA Application. Is that all or should I be getting a receipt for the payment?

Hi Spyros

Yes we did consider getting a tutor, its very costly here in London and like you dont mind living in regional WA so long as hubby can find work, the 190 at least gives you the choice to work in Perth if you cant find work in your chosen region anyway its all done now just waiting for the 489.

Regarding the funds this is what they expect:

Generally we would expect clients to bring sufficient funds to enable them to maintain a lifestyle for themselves and any family members for a period of at least 3 months or until client have gain employment. As a rough guide please see the following:

. Single - $20,000-25,000

. A Couple - $30,000-$35,000

. Then it would approximately $5,000 for every dependent included

I asked them how would they would like us to provide proof and they just said that as long as we had access to addittional funds if needed that was fine.

Just waiting now.........................................

Hope that helps

Archived