WA SS any news?

shabo

Hello, seniors

I am in an urgent need of help from you all.

Today I got a mail from Western Australia, asking for additional information (I’ve applied for 489 SS)

The mail exactly is: - “provide three screen dumps of current job opportunities in nominated region in your nominated or closely related occupation.”

My questions to all of you are:

1) As they are asking for three screen dumps of current job opportunities, can all these three opportunities be of one region or do I need to send separate information about opportunities for each region which I preferred while filling the application form.

2) How can I send all these information, is it simply by replying to the mail I received today.

3) How will I come to know that they have got all the information they needed. Will they send me any acknowledgement for mail or I need to ask them for the same because there is 14 days of time frame i.e if they don’t receive my mail with in this period they will withdraw my application.

Thanks & Regards

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, seniors

Today I got a mail from Western Australia, asking for additional information (I’ve applied for 489 SS)

The mail exactly is: - “provide three screen dumps of current job opportunities in nominated region in your nominated or closely related occupation.”

1) As they are asking for three screen dumps of current job opportunities, can all these three opportunities be of one region or do I need to send separate information about opportunities for each region which I preferred while filling the application form.

2) How can I send all these information, is it simply by replying to the mail I received today.

3) How will I come to know that they have got all the information they needed. Will they send me any acknowledgement for mail or I need to ask them for the same because there is 14 days of time frame i.e if they don’t receive my mail with in this period they will withdraw my application.

Thanks & Regards

Hello, seniors

-Those three jobs should be in the regions you have listed in your application preferred regions.

-Yes

3) How will I come to know that they have got all the information they needed. Will they send me any acknowledgement for mail or I need to ask them for the same because there is 14 days of time frame i.e if they don’t receive my mail with in this period they will withdraw my application

-Dont worry about it. They don't send acknowledgement though. But they will indeed receive. It happens to everyone. If u are that concerned just call them up to verify.

Thanks & Regards

Good luck with your application

Hi nataraj86, thank you.

No news as yet, yesterday the lady told me it would take 1 week.

I believe they are going by occupations as akmirror had said. Maybe they will look at accountants after engineers.

Yap. Seems like they are working on Engineers right now. I could see that in the recent days a lot of Engineers geeting an approval... Your turn ll be soon. Good luck to you..

Guest Levimouse

Hey nataraj that's great news. They're all rolling in now.

So if they're going by occupation maybe I'll get processed soon after you walkwater. Woohoo!! Does seem unfair that they have thrown the whole queuing system out the window. As a Brit I do like a good queue Ha!

It kind of makes sense to process the SS by occupation. We said once we knew the details of SkillSelect that it would be very hard to judge who was going to apply and when. They might have 10 people on 60 points and award them SS and then the next week have 10 people on 80 points but they have filled their quota. I know it is not the case that because you have more points you would be a better candidate, but how else do they determine that. It does seem very strange now that they are going against the "original plan". Good Luck to those still waiting.

On a personal note, I keep checking the List to see if we are back on there, they have not updated it for Sept. Has anyone heard when they will update it? I appreciate you all don't have crystal balls, but someone may have spoken to WA and they might have said:biggrin:

Hey nataraj that's great news. They're all rolling in now.

So if they're going by occupation maybe I'll get processed soon after you walkwater. Woohoo!! Does seem unfair that they have thrown the whole queuing system out the window. As a Brit I do like a good queue Ha!

Ya, it would have been great if they had followed a queue. But i guess they want to first utilise the nominations allotted to them towards the occupations they require the most.

Anyways if its only an additional week, that I will have to wait for, it should be fine.

On a personal note, I keep checking the List to see if we are back on there, they have not updated it for Sept. Has anyone heard when they will update it? I appreciate you all don't have crystal balls, but someone may have spoken to WA and they might have said:biggrin:

Someone had posted few days back that WA would update their list by end of 1st week.

Ya, it would have been great if they had followed a queue. But i guess they want to first utilise the nominations allotted to them towards the occupations they require the most.

Anyways if its only an additional week, that I will have to wait for, it should be fine.

Really feel for you mate. You deserve it seein your waiting time...

Archived