TV show on ping pong poms

Lambethlad

Hey Jim,

Just have to let you know its winter here now for past couple of months and bloody freezing at that!Flu season also and they were offering free jabs at work today!Which was good of them..On the upside i love it here and can look forward to sitting outside during the summer after a bbq or beach and enjoy many a cool beer!!![

Good luck with the move.Derek.

I liked this programme, especially the scenes of the beaches, seas and other fantastic modern features of Australa and then it showed the grey dowdy cold and miserable UK and If people want to go back because they miss family and friends and can't settle, it's their right to do this. However how anyone can't enjoy a nice cold beer overlooking a fabulous sunny beach is beyond me, everyone I know works all year to pay for a holiday abroad to get this, I want to emigrate for the great weather, to play golf in the warmth, to go to the beach and swim in the sea, to sit out on a night for months, because it's warm, to have and plan a barbecue, I will embrace this fabulous outdoor lifestyle and pray I get the chance to do so, it is the middle of the UK summer and me and the wife have Flu, really bad, I have been on anti biotics, my wife sounds awful coughing and spluttering, lots of other people I know have had it, some are off work with it and summer is a time to re-charge your batteries for the long I repeat very long winter we face in the UK, but we feel run down and knackered, please god give us a bit of nice hot sunny weather.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JK2510

It's not all about the weather living here in oz....I love the warmer weather and summers but when it is over 37.c for days in a row I believe it can be just as bad as the cold weather..it's about the whole package that oz has to offer the weather is the sweetener!

I had my bout of flu during a spell of 30-32.c days...so it's not all about the winter flu bugs...I remember sat on the beach with a throat that I can only describe as if I was swallowing razor blades...and my nose dripping like a tap.

Guest Guest66881
Poms make themselves look bad. Taking citizenship while banging on about sausages and then doing a runner, sure doesn't help any poms cause here.

You must work for the TV company in question, come on own up:wink:

Guest Guest66881
Poms make themselves look bad. Taking citizenship while banging on about sausages and then doing a runner, sure doesn't help any poms cause here.

Did you watch the show while wearing a cork rimmed hat drinking a tin of beer and chewing on a roo burger off the BBQ maaaaate:wink:

I found the show slightly amusing but very light weight. Very manufactured. If the Aussies make the time to get citizenship so short it is obviously going to be abused. One shouldn't really blame the folk that take advantage. Aussies would do the same if able to get EU passport in many cases.

As in a lot of Europe perhaps it should be ten years to get a passport.

You notice they never cut the scene where the guy left his phone in his pocket in the sea, ha ha only a fool would do that!

On Sunday night at 6.30 on channel 7 there will be a thing about ping pong poms. It might be an excuse for a bit of pom bashing but should be worth watching.

let me guess ...........a view of sydney harbour .............people surfing ...........a barbie ............and a few whingeing poms .................

can we please have the reverse .............the beautiful english countryside , a village pub ..........contented souls going about there business .............then we can fly the family to roebourne or meekatharra or any collection of one horse towns that litter australia ...... or stick them in that hellhole they call the outback .

At least here we can get a glass of water ......a phone box , something to eat ......or a bus or train if we want one .

Forgive me .....but these programmes only show the idyllic australa ......the bit around the edge ......lets stick them in coober pedy in the summer ...............or in the bush with no food or water.

P.S this is nothing new when mark bosnich played for villa ,there was a 10 minute piece on oz tele ......they didnt show him in his million pound home .......playing golf ........driving his supercar through the english countryside .............oh no they really laid it on thick ...........showing inner city birmingham .

Another well balanced australian programme ...............watch that " chip on your shoulder "

Bottom line is emigrating is not for everyone. No shame in that - for some people it is a big change.

I have always moved from place to place as a child and as an adult so probably cope a lot better than say a person that has lived their entire existence in the same place for their entire life.

I remember when I was a teenager I went to greece with one of my pals, what a whinging, moaning, complaining guy. It was a disaster. Some people just don't like change, or think they can handle it but cannot make that crucial adjustment - and that is justr for 2 weeks!

Though some of the people have some legitimate worries motivating their move back to the UK i.e. about being perhaps financially worse off in Australia which is a pity.

Guest Ptp113
I watched the first part of that. That woman did herself no favours, she just sounded totally stupid if all she can moan about is sausages!

Sausages and weather, about all that most poms can handle in a discussion

Seriously folks think about what you write as the participants of the program's may well be reading your posts. They have. Real feelings and issues about why they wanted to go home.

And remember tv is edited , people may have said some lovely things about Australia , that may have ended up on the cutting room floor !

Seriously folks think about what you write as the participants of the program's may well be reading your posts. They have. Real feelings and issues about why they wanted to go home.

And remember tv is edited , people may have said some lovely things about Australia , that may have ended up on the cutting room floor !

yup - Sausages are a real issue!

Guest Ptp113

No wonder you failed here!

No wonder you failed here!

Failed , nope not at all , I went in search of a better , life, I had to go to aus and come home to the uk to find it.

But then you would think like that, your full of negativity l

How about this:

Australia

280px-Yallourn-w-power-station-australia.jpg

Britain

800px-Glenridding%2C_Cumbria%2C_England_-_June_2009.jpg

or this

Australia

1272955805_22801.jpg

Britain

train_window007_2.jpg

there you go!

exactly mate, its all in the edit, you can make anybody look any way you want if you have enough footage.

As for the 'angle' of the show, it reeks of bitterness and insecurity.

let me guess ...........a view of sydney harbour .............people surfing ...........a barbie ............and a few whingeing poms .................

can we please have the reverse .............the beautiful english countryside , a village pub ..........contented souls going about there business .............then we can fly the family to roebourne or meekatharra or any collection of one horse towns that litter australia ...... or stick them in that hellhole they call the outback .

At least here we can get a glass of water ......a phone box , something to eat ......or a bus or train if we want one .

Forgive me .....but these programmes only show the idyllic australa ......the bit around the edge ......lets stick them in coober pedy in the summer ...............or in the bush with no food or water.

P.S this is nothing new when mark bosnich played for villa ,there was a 10 minute piece on oz tele ......they didnt show him in his million pound home .......playing golf ........driving his supercar through the english countryside .............oh no they really laid it on thick ...........showing inner city birmingham .

Another well balanced australian programme ...............watch that " chip on your shoulder "

I'm sure if the BBC made a show wanting to focus on someone leaving the UK they would show them in nice pubs, walking about in the nice countryside, obviously picking a nice Sunny Day, and then show pictures of where the folks are returning to and show all the bad bits. It's the whole point of shows like this, just to get a few people watching and a bit of debate going on like this. Like I said in an earlier post it doesn't do one bit of good. Get's poms backs up as the family were made to look stupid and gets Aussies backs up as they showed all the negative things that they said and then took citizenship. Just causes problems between two sets of people that should be getting on like a house on fire and generally do.

It's just sensationalist TV and not to be taken seriously. If the family made a bit of cash from it then good on them. can't blame them for getting the citizenship either. Their daughter said she didn't want to leave and it will give them all the option of coming back if they want. :cool:

Guest guest71686
I'm sure if the BBC made a show wanting to focus on someone leaving the UK they would show them in nice pubs, walking about in the nice countryside, obviously picking a nice Sunny Day, and then show pictures of where the folks are returning to and show all the bad bits. It's the whole point of shows like this, just to get a few people watching and a bit of debate going on like this. Like I said in an earlier post it doesn't do one bit of good. Get's poms backs up as the family were made to look stupid and gets Aussies backs up as they showed all the negative things that they said and then took citizenship. Just causes problems between two sets of people that should be getting on like a house on fire and generally do.

It's just sensationalist TV and not to be taken seriously. If the family made a bit of cash from it then good on them. can't blame them for getting the citizenship either. Their daughter said she didn't want to leave and it will give them all the option of coming back if they want. :cool:

well said its their right to claim citizenship so why not

:yes: +1

Archived