TV show on ping pong poms

Lambethlad

Yes they do this now and then, on Sky channel this mornign the commentater said "he didn't care what happens at the olympics as long as we beat the poms" terms of endearment ? i don't think so.

trust me .......they wont .............the poms do a great impression of being disorganised ...............we will beat Australia in the medals table......count on it

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
trust me .......they wont .............the poms do a great impression of being disorganised ...............we will beat Australia in the medals table......count on it

With three times the population, four times the money spent, and Australian expertise, it would be a poor show if the pomsdidn't win more medals.

Guest Ptp113
Stick to the op subject please, if you want to discuss medals in the Olympics start a thread.

I would if I could

With three times the population, four times the money spent, and Australian expertise, it would be a poor show if the pomsdidn't win more medals.

Have you heard of the AIS ..........australia has thrown more money at sport per capita than anyone else on the planet ......so dont come with that ................those poor poms have not got decent funding ,,,,,,,and its game on .

Guest Ptp113
Have you heard of the AIS ..........australia has thrown more money at sport per capita than anyone else on the planet ......so dont come with that ................those poor poms have not got decent funding ,,,,,,,and its game on .

The poms damn near gutted the AIS over the last decade, I know it was one of my main accounts. The poms spent a $1b on sport getting ready for the Olympics, Australia spent $250m. It was raised several times in parliament here, when some MP's wanted more to try and match pom spending to no avail. It's all in Hansard if you care to look. Look at the coaching and high performance staff for many Britishy sports and it's "spot the pom". Oh and still three times the population, so Australia should only win a third of the medals the poms do, but I'll bet it will be a lot closer (poms will win more though). I always deal with facts.

Guest Ptp113
Someone's been eating lemons again.

Like most PB's here, you're not keen on facts. The old pommie motto "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story" comes to mind.

The poms damn near gutted the AIS over the last decade, I know it was one of my main accounts. The poms spent a $1b on sport getting ready for the Olympics, Australia spent $250m. It was raised several times in parliament here, when some MP's wanted more to try and match pom spending to no avail. It's all in Hansard if you care to look. Look at the coaching and high performance staff for many Britishy sports and it's "spot the pom". Oh and still three times the population, so Australia should only win a third of the medals the poms do, but I'll bet it will be a lot closer (poms will win more though). I always deal with facts.

your country is built on sport ...................due to lottery funding some of our sportsmen and women are allowed to compete on a level playing field ............the talk of population is bo..ox ...........you have 10 x at least the amount of 50m swimming pools as the U.K ...........SO YOU SHOULD BE 10X BETTER AT SWIMMING ?

Dont talk to me about spot the poms.......what about " spot the aussie " in your rugby team, .......and your bloody weightlifting team ..........HYPOCRITE ....

Iam waiting for the " you only win your medals sitting down " thread ................you are so English obseessed to bring up sporting finance in parliament ................GET THOSE CHIPS OFF YOUR SHOULDER .

We only here about you if the ashes are on ...............or if there has been a shark attack ............or if kylie and jason are going to sing together again ................ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

Guest Ptp113
your country is built on sport ...................due to lottery funding some of our sportsmen and women are allowed to compete on a level playing field ............the talk of population is bo..ox ...........you have 10 x at least the amount of 50m swimming pools as the U.K ...........SO YOU SHOULD BE 10X BETTER AT SWIMMING ?

Dont talk to me about spot the poms.......what about " spot the aussie " in your rugby team, .......and your bloody weightlifting team ..........HYPOCRITE ....

Iam waiting for the " you only win your medals sitting down " thread ................you are so English obseessed to bring up sporting finance in parliament ................GET THOSE CHIPS OFF YOUR SHOULDER .

We only here about you if the ashes are on ...............or if there has been a shark attack ............or if kylie and jason are going to sing together again ................ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

Oh dear matey, I guess you missed the fact that I'm a pom? My goodness this is an embarrassing post for you isn't it.

Oh dear matey, I guess you missed the fact that I'm a pom? My goodness this is an embarrassing post for you isn't it.

you are not a pom ...............i see on another thread YOU wanted to see us get beat in the olympics .............anyone but the poms you said .............i think you are a bit confused ...............A REAL POM WOULD NOT SLATE THE COUNTRY OF HIS BIRTH....i find it disgraceful to be honest

The thing with programs like this is that they are fascinating - not sure why. Probably because they are like the reality shows- full of dopey people you just love to hate. I was wondering why anyone would allow themselves to be filmed when really it must be very upsetting for them being unable to make a decision where to live. What kind of a person would allow intrusive cameras into their life? Beats me.

Excuse me I did the filming I am far from dopey but a highly qualified individual who DID NOT have indecisions where to live. I got asked to do an interview about my time in oz and why I was returning which ended up turning into a negative critic of Oz for the rating. For me it paid for my dog to return home over 3200 dollars worth it in my book. I am not the type of person who bothered what others think but when I see quotes like yours opinion making on people you don't know says it all. Enjoy the viewing of the dumb people :)

Excuse me I did the filming I am far from dopey but a highly qualified individual who DID NOT have indecisions where to live. I got asked to do an interview about my time in oz and why I was returning which ended up turning into a negative critic of Oz for the rating. For me it paid for my dog to return home over 3200 dollars worth it in my book. I am not the type of person who bothered what others think but when I see quotes like yours opinion making on people you don't know says it all. Enjoy the viewing of the dumb people :)

If you are on TV you are fair game and unfortunately it goes with the territory. I think its wrong to for them to want a bad negative view of Aus anyway.

great to watch...love the celtic top hail hail

Yes they do this now and then, on Sky channel this mornign the commentater said "he didn't care what happens at the olympics as long as we beat the poms" terms of endearment ? i don't think so.

he's australian of course he can say that and why not

Guest guest71686

I'm glad you were able to see it that way, typical tv just like 'wanted down under' cut about to make it seem like you came here just to get the passport then burn the flag at the airport gate on the way home.

I read the original request for people just before xmas wanting to 'explore reasons for going back', seems that was bull****

out of interest, if i can ask, how much positive stuff from your experience did they cut out?

best wishes for future, how is the uk?

Guest Ptp113
With a population 3 times the size of Australia's the Poms should do - it's a great head start.

And 4 times the money spent

Well, that depends on the quality of the news source you use.

who cares to be honest, if you are happy were you are at the moment (i certainly am) why worry about other people.

Tara for now

Indeed. Why worry about what others choose to do :cute:

Archived