TV show on ping pong poms

Lambethlad

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
On Sunday night at 6.30 on channel 7 there will be a thing about ping pong poms. It might be an excuse for a bit of pom bashing but should be worth watching.

Great, a show about indecisive people. That should be riveting.........

Guest guest71686

just seen the preview looks like its been made into shock television, looking at previous threads it looks like their source may have been this website

On Sunday night at 6.30 on channel 7 there will be a thing about ping pong poms. It might be an excuse for a bit of pom bashing but should be worth watching.
Yes they do this now and then, on Sky channel this mornign the commentater said "he didn't care what happens at the olympics as long as we beat the poms" terms of endearment ? i don't think so.

SBS and ABC usually have shows like this to start a bit of debate. Think "go back to where you came from" or "Dumb drunk and racist". Don't think they do one bit of good and they can chop and change the shows to make out that people are extreme in their views. Stirs a few people up for a while but not in a nice way.

I think the makers of these shows usually have an agenda of their own and they have a means of putting their own views across, so they do. Might be worth a look for a laugh, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Just heard on the radio that the "dumb drunk and racist" crew were filming in Alice Springs and got attacked by a bunch of aboriginals. They had to run into the hotel to escape and left the poor hotel reception people to sort it out. A couple of women have been arrested and the police had to get involved. The film crew disappeared to their rooms and had a bit of a laugh about it. The staff weren't as amused.

Wonder what the Indian people thought about that?

The thing with programs like this is that they are fascinating - not sure why. Probably because they are like the reality shows- full of dopey people you just love to hate. I was wondering why anyone would allow themselves to be filmed when really it must be very upsetting for them being unable to make a decision where to live. What kind of a person would allow intrusive cameras into their life? Beats me.

Guest guest71686

saw dumb drunk racist last night they filmed some aboriginal people drinking VB, talk about stereotyping! they may as well have sat them outside hungry jacks

saw dumb drunk racist last night they filmed some aboriginal people drinking VB, talk about stereotyping! they may as well have sat them outside hungry jacks

That's the thing with stereotyping though, it's very often true. The Aboriginals then attacked the film crew adding more to the stereotype. I expect everyone will be blamed but the perpetrators. Film crew, white people, hotel staff. Can't possibly be the Aboriginals fault can it?

That's the thing with stereotyping though, it's very often true. The Aboriginals then attacked the film crew adding more to the stereotype. I expect everyone will be blamed but the perpetrators. Film crew, white people, hotel staff. Can't possibly be the Aboriginals fault can it?

There is a lot of historical stuff that none of us will understand but for them to be successful they need to shed that but I feel mainstream Australia is happy with them carrying on in their townships as long as they do not disrupt "normal australia". A woman on the show made a valid point the culture of hand outs has made the community lazy and lack the drive for work or education.

Guest guest71686

yep of course it can be their fault they were blaming Indian tourists how can i possibly be their fault!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

1 in 4 ping pong back to Australia, thats no surprise, there seems to be as many going back to Oz on PIO as those actually leaving.

I saw some of the highlights online. Seemed to be more a case of Aussie bashing. Folk who tended to have northern accents and get Aussie passports whilWill try and watch as well.e slating the place.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

[h=2]Ping Pong Poms[/h][h=2]Reporter: Natalie Bonjolo[/h]Big ben ... big buses ... and a 'big issue' for British migrants to WA, "we're the new boomerang Brits" Lynne and Kevin ward belong to a select group of Brits ... known back in Perth, as 'ping pong' poms ... "they call it ping ponging back and forwards yeah that's quiet common and that might be us laughing"

The Wards are from Bedfordshire on the outskirts of London they packed up their things and moved to perth

nothing unusual, you say lots of poms move to perth. Then a couple of months later the Wards moved back. Kevin says "people are just turning around and going back, it's an empty promise" and now, back in the uk .... guess what "like ping pong poms ... we're thinking of going back again"

An hour out of London, Bedfordshire is a quaint rural area. Cosy pubs, cute cottages, and lots of that English rain. It's one of the reasons the Wards, like many Brits decided to pack up and leave to go to a place where they wouldn't be needing one of these ... 15 000 kays away on the other side of the world ... perth where the sun shines almost everyday a city of promise.

"Western Australia has always been a great favourite destination for overseas migrants from britain" A whopping forty percent settle in Perth but demographer Bernard Salt has noticed an intriguing trend. "They make their way all the way to Australia to set up a new life for themselves, and one in four decide it's not for them, and in fact head back home"

That's right, one in four make a thirty thousand kilometer RETURN trip. "I dont quiet understand why they think the grass is going to be greener AGAIN ... in the UK" Editor of Perth's whinging pom magazine, Simon Hollway suspects some Brits land ... only to feel let down. "Its a very rude shock and awakenig when you get off the plane and you really are back in Little Britian"

He reckons maybe it's Perth's rules, regulations, and red tape that puts the poms off, Simon says "you need fees permits and licences to breathe, burp or breakwind"

A plumber in the UK for twenty years, Kevin was told he'd be in demand in WA. "They said plumbing? No problem, you'll get work, earn loads of money no problems whatsoever"

Good enough to get a skilled migrants visa from the government ... not good enough, to get a job ..Kevin says "if your an english plumber with all the qualifications under the sun ... you may as well throw them in the bin, they're not worth the paper they're written on" Unable to get work and told he'd need to retrain they called it quits. "I dont want to get to the point at my age where im goinhg back to college to learn something someone taught me 10-20 years ago"

Kevin says "we ended up ringing the shipping company and saying leave the stuff in the container and send it straight back again" the whole exercise cost a hundred thousand dollars ... "we wanted to stay, we didnt spend all that money and time and effort for a laugh ... and to sit here and moan about it"

Tessa Steven puts the migrant merry go round, down to mis-information, and poor planning. Her dvd's have sold across the UK a close up look at life in perth and the pitfalls. "Do your homework and understand your licencing and what you need to work here, especially if your coming on a skills visa"

Simon Hollway says "I would suggest they're wiser to stay here and not yo yo back and forth" back in the UK, the Wards are now wondering if they've made a mistake so, just like a boomerang there's a good chance, they'll come back again. Tessa says "definately come back to australia and give it a go its definately the best place in the world to live" Kevin says "anyone out there who's looking for a plumber ... give us a call, im your man"

Looks like they did there research before they emigrated, lol.

On Sunday night at 6.30 on channel 7 there will be a thing about ping pong poms. It might be an excuse for a bit of pom bashing but should be worth watching.[/QUOT

ha ha ha .............you are in splendid isolation ............you wont see me on it ..............let me spell it out .........i have a great income .............4 holidays a year, a nice house , in a nice area , pub up the road , good friends , nice house , children are ok ............DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE .....stop flattering yourselves it isnt all that

Archived