Pass mark to drop to 60 points

Raul Senise

Did you provide proof of more months of employment such as payslips, references, etc?

I'm getting prepared for my 8 years of experience to be assessed, so I scanned every single payslip of the last 9 years, contracts, references, letters of raise of salary, etc.,...I hope this will be enough to claim 15 points...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some good news for prospective migrants.

“The pass mark for points tested skilled migrants who complete an expression of interest (EOI) through SkillSelect will be lowered from 65 points to 60 points from July 1.”

Not sure why lowering the points to enter Australia is necessary a cause of celebration. Does this suggest a lowering in the potenial level of the migrant market necessated such a move to ensure the numbers? Or gather further filling the Australian Govt's coffers by getting more applicants applying?

Guest mickhez
Did you provide proof of more months of employment such as payslips, references, etc?

I'm getting prepared for my 8 years of experience to be assessed, so I scanned every single payslip of the last 9 years, contracts, references, letters of raise of salary, etc.,...I hope this will be enough to claim 15 points...

Yea payslips back to 2005. But I finished my apprenticeship July 2008 and only accept post apprenticeship experience. I asked that from day one but was told that it was fine!

Its just annoying it's taken till this final decision stage to actually pick up on it and minus points for t. I scored top marks in my skills assessment and have brilliant references. It's true when they say the case officer does what they want.

I have a question that might be obvious (although I hope it's not) - does it make any sense to prepare EOI, so do the skills assessment + past IELTS, if I am not currently (not enough experience) eligible for SS and my occupation is not on SOL(1)?

Do you think there is any chance of getting invited in my case without SS if I have more points then required minimum?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Joanna

I have a question that might be obvious (although I hope it's not) - does it make any sense to prepare EOI, so do the skills assessment + past IELTS, if I am not currently (not enough experience) eligible for SS and my occupation is not on SOL(1)?

Do you think there is any chance of getting invited in my case without SS if I have more points then required minimum?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Joanna

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/

Guest PoleinOz
might not make a difference for some people but it makes a HUGE difference for us!!! so happy!

we are currently getting my partners skills assessment done so we can claim the extra 5 'partner skills' points for a 175 visa app.

but this means that the 60 points we have already can get us on to the system at least yay!!!!!!

Did you apply for skilled independent and de facto partner visa, the new 189 ? My partner is short by 5 points, as he doesn't have enough experience to get the full mark, everything else is fine. I wonder if we could get extra 5 points for partner's skills ? However, I don't have a degree in what I do (accounts) but have over 5 years experience...would that count ?

Thanks for your help !

Why does an agent of over 6 years have to prove anything, I'm sure he wouldn't risk his career by telling lies.

Hi mate,

You took it the wrong way. I didn't ask for proof. He said something was released and gave no further details about what was released. And I was specifically interested in what was released. So I asked him where I could find those additional details.

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post my question, feel free to redirect me if it isn't.

I'm currently waiting for my NSW State Sponsorship to come in, I applied back on 25th May and my agent said due to overwhelming applications, the processing times have increased from 3-4 weeks to 4-5 weeks. So, I expect the result to come in some time next week. After which, I was going to apply for the 176 visa before the 1 July changes.

However, I'm now reconsidering whether to apply for 190 under Skillselect instead. Based on the information the Immi website so far, under 190 if you have an approved State Sponsorship, you will automatically get an invitation to apply for PR (first round of invitation should be on 1 Aug). Also, the onshore/offshore distinction has been removed, as I'm currently in Sydney I could possibly apply for a Bridging Visa. Under 176, I could not. Other potential pros of applying for 190: faster processing times.

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, on the fence between 176 and 190. If you are, what would be your decision and why?? :eek:

Hi all

First of all, thanks for the useful posts from you. Just going through all your posts and they are really very useful for us.

Actually my trade is toolmaker - 323412. I have applied for my trade assessment to TRA in Feb 2012 and got an unsuccessful outcome on 31 may 2012.

After ringing to the TRA, he told me that he could not find any relation of one of my past employers with the nominated business. Now he is asking me to give a statutory declaration or proof of evidence that his business exists (like business license certificate) kind of stuff.

I claimed that I have worked in that organisation from 2007 to 2010. It is a very small industry. To my surprise, the proprietor of that company, today, told me that he had registered his business only in 2010. Though, he is still in the business now. He doesn't have any proofs like telephone bills or electricity bills in the name of the company during my period of employment.

Now I am stuck and need an advice to overcome this situation. Could you please help on what to be done next.

I have to apply for the review of the assessment before Jul 31.

kimsdu,

Thanks for the reply.

Does my old boss need to give a declaration?

Can u pls tell what should be the content on the declaration and who has to approve or sign on that?

Does anyone know how the the points awarded for state sponsorship will work after 1st July? Will you only get 5 points if you managed to get state sponsorship previously? I need the 5 points from state sponsorship so can I submit with 55 points without it on the basis that if a state sponsors me I will have enough points? The other option is to do ILETS to get extra points but I would rather not if I don't need to as it will take time. Thanks in advance!

kimsdu,

Thanks for the reply.

Does my old boss need to give a declaration?

Can u pls tell what should be the content on the declaration and who has to approve or sign on that?

Satutory declaraion varies country to country, so you can check on internet for some samples which suits your locaiton. You would need to include,

Dates which you were employed.

The reason for submitting a satutory declaration (here you can justify the action reason)

Location of employment

your responsibilities.

Ya I can pay computer generated payslips which can be signed by my ex boss and notaried if required. He says that he has registered his business in 2010 only. Now, on my continual begging with him, he is ready to give his last three month bank transactions also. He has changed his landline number last month unfortunately. I can get that bill also.

Or

Can I get a statutory declaration from him stating my period of employment and nature of work?

I am worried to give his business certificate as it is showing that its been registered only in 2010, which would definitely be a negative for me.

Please help me on this. That employer is a small scale industry and it is a proprietor based one. Still its an existing company and has its records from 2010 only. I was paid cash in hand along with a pay slip when I was employed there.

Hey there,

I've just made exactly the same mistake. Got SS for Victoria, had my skills assessment completed (ACS) and then submitted my 176 Visa application. Had also misread the English requirements and thought I'd get full marks being from UK and having English as native language. Just heard back from Case Officer to say I only have 60 points and therfore don't meet the 65 point threshold and can't sit the IELTS retrospectivley so my application will be refused and no refund.

I feel like an idiot as I must have filled in 50 forms over the course of this entire process and read and reread the forms but somehow missed this obvious mistake.

Did you try to chase a refund? Any luck?

I've now booked my IELTS course in July but even if I pass it I've missed the 1st July cut off so will need to reapply under skillselect options (which would have accepted my 60 points anyway!).

I'm now worried that I had informed Victoria SS department of my visa application number so I'll need to contact them and explain my application was refused. Does that mean the SS has gone now as well?

Frustrated, angry at myself and skint!

Hey there,

I've just made exactly the same mistake. Got SS for Victoria, had my skills assessment completed (ACS) and then submitted my 176 Visa application. Had also misread the English requirements and thought I'd get full marks being from UK and having English as native language. Just heard back from Case Officer to say I only have 60 points and therfore don't meet the 65 point threshold and can't sit the IELTS retrospectivley so my application will be refused and no refund.

I feel like an idiot as I must have filled in 50 forms over the course of this entire process and read and reread the forms but somehow missed this obvious mistake.

Did you try to chase a refund? Any luck?

I've now booked my IELTS course in July but even if I pass it I've missed the 1st July cut off so will need to reapply under skillselect options (which would have accepted my 60 points anyway!).

I'm now worried that I had informed Victoria SS department of my visa application number so I'll need to contact them and explain my application was refused. Does that mean the SS has gone now as well?

Frustrated, angry at myself and skint!

This has happened a few times regarding people not reading the information correctly regarding IELTS.

There is no refunds for visa application charge (only limited circumstances that refunds are give - i.e death of primary applicant)

You will need to re-apply for SS, as after 1 July its a new year - therefore new quotas for the State Migration Plans, with the new system you need EOI for states you wish to be nominated for.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

Booklet 6 give imformation regarding the GSM

It may be worth running your case past a RMA as after 1 July if your points in your EOI are not the same as how much points you actually have you can be banned from re-applying.

Hi dinkydoo

Which state has provided your state sponsorship if you don't mind me asking and what dis they inform you regarding your SS in respect of 1st July?

I think there are a lot of people on this forum (including me) who are desperately seeking info about what happens with state sponsorship applications that have been granted but visa application not submitted prior to 1st July

We have SS and don't have to reapply after 1st July we were told that if applying after 1st July we would automatically be invited.

Hi dinkydoo

Which state has provided your state sponsorship if you don't mind me asking and what dis they inform you regarding your SS in respect of 1st July?

I think there are a lot of people on this forum (including me) who are desperately seeking info about what happens with state sponsorship applications that have been granted but visa application not submitted prior to 1st July

We applied to Victoria in January and it took 19 weeks for us to get an answer, it states on our letter that if we apply after the 1st July and before SS runs out we would get invited to apply once our EOI had been submitted.

Dinkydoo I think you might just hear the sighs of relief of hundreds of fellow PIO!!!

Thankyou so much for that info :smile:

We applied to Victoria in January and it took 19 weeks for us to get an answer, it states on our letter that if we apply after the 1st July and before SS runs out we would get invited to apply once our EOI had been submitted.

Dinkydoo I think you might just hear the sighs of relief of hundreds of fellow PIO!!!

Thankyou so much for that info :smile:

Not sure if it will be the same for everyone though, might depend on when you applied for SS???? This is just what has happened for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest auzzycrazzy

Hey guys

I'm planning to get VIC SS and apply for 190 visa as my occupation is not on the main SOL.

Also planning to get points for partner skills. I'm aware that partner's skills have to be assessed by the relevant accessing authority, but should I get sponsorship for my partner from VIC as her occupation is only on the consolidated list

thanks in advance

Hey guys

I'm planning to get VIC SS and apply for 190 visa as my occupation is not on the main SOL.

Also planning to get points for partner skills. I'm aware that partner's skills have to be assessed by the relevant accessing authority, but should I get sponsorship for my partner from VIC as her occupation is only on the consolidated list

thanks in advance

Only the main applicant needs to get SS.

i'm an IT guy i were so happy once i got to know that pass mark has been decreased to 60

however one of the forum member is claiming that

I dont think the 60 points will make a huge difference...SkillSelect is rank-based, and high-demand occupations like IT or accounting will probably have higher than 60 required to get an invitation. And SkillSelect wont queue apps either

Do you think that i have a chance to get invitation especially i need to spend effort/time for iltes preperation

Guest Anadeem

Dear LABOURVELLEC -

Any senior member - please help me finding my Occupation in relevant State (SOL 225411) as state sponsored.

Would appreciate if can suggest some guideline to apply without taking help of consultant.

Any friendly consultant at this forum, please reply ?

State sponsored Immigration under SOL 225411

Below are my details for points calculation

39 years

4 year Bachelors

10 years experience

IELTS - 7 / 7/ 7.5 / 6

Total points ?

How to apply for assessment by Vetassess ?

Archived