176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fergamy - you must have brought luck to this thread! :hug: CO allocated after 5 working days!!!. My migration agent said this was the quickest they'd seen ever and she has worked for the DIAC. For 80's all round and a copy of my decree absolute. Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Wow, that really was quick! Congrats

Guest thehoe5

Does anyone know what age a child has to be before they can decide to emigrate without "father" consent?? I have been in touch with our solicitor five times but she is not getting back to me :arghh:

Im really worried we are going to miss the July deadline and I cant seem to find out the legal age?....My daughter is 17 (18 in Nov) and wants nothing to do with him so we cant ask him to sign a stat dec (not that he would!) but she wants to come with us.

Will we have to wait untill she's 18 or is there anything she can do with her being over 16???

Sorry for the random post but someone might be going through the same thing and might know as this might be the thing that stops us going!!

Smithinoz, how's the 'gathering' coming on? And have you booked your medicals yet?

Hey,

Yes it's all going well thanks. Just waiting for a copy of a decree absolute and birth certificate (only had the short one). Got appt with accountant on Wednesday to get a declaration from him re my self employment.

Haven't booked th meds as the non migrating dependents aren't showing up (just me and hubby) so that would mean 2 trips. Going to send police checks this week though I think.

fergamy - you must have brought luck to this thread! :hug: CO allocated after 5 working days!!!. My migration agent said this was the quickest they'd seen ever and she has worked for the DIAC. For 80's all round and a copy of my decree absolute. Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Hey arrumac, great news re your CO, congrats and sooooo quick!! Don't think it was my luck brought to the thread, I think you're the one with the luck. I'm wondering maybe onshore applicants are getting COs quicker?? Where are you living?? Keep us posted on your updates!!!! It's terrible I live for the morning times these days to check emails etc and normally I don't want my sleep time to end hahaha :-)

I'm in Bournemouth so about 10,500 miles from Aus...

Definitely not onshore then :-)

Oops don't know why I didn't just look at your location, it's been a long day at work (my excuse anyway)

Best of luck with the rest of the process.

Heres hoping tomorrow offers loads of CO's!!!!!

My Co said this 'Thank you for providing the requested information and your travel itinerary. Your departure details have been noted for prompt finalisation of your visa application after your departure '

Does this basically mean i have been pre granted?????

My Co said this 'Thank you for providing the requested information and your travel itinerary. Your departure details have been noted for prompt finalisation of your visa application after your departure '

I think yes. Congratulations!

Whoohoo!!! :ssign19:

Cheers Guys.... i am actually heading back to the UK next week anyways so seems to have worked out perfectly.

Any newsyet Jars. Surely this week?

Coming back to the UK..? It may surprise you but it is actually quite sunny at the moment! We can actually hang washing up outside again lol. How long have you lived in Sydney?

No, nothing for me yet. Getting a bit fed-up and, dare I say, paranoid now. Exactly 3 weeks today since we lodged... but nothing we can do about it :dull:

Been out here since January so not that long.

Is pretty cold at the moment so coming back at the right time. Only home for a month though.

Hopefully you ll get one soon. Its supposed to be a few weeks so fingers crossed.

Waitingawhile, just out of interest, I notice you are a Drug and Alcohol Counselor. Do you work for a charity or for a statutory organisation? I'm a Community Development Worker managing a local charity - have you made any links in Perth yet..?

Coming back to the UK..? It may surprise you but it is actually quite sunny at the moment! We can actually hang washing up outside again lol. How long have you lived in Sydney?

No, nothing for me yet. Getting a bit fed-up and, dare I say, paranoid now. Exactly 3 weeks today since we lodged... but nothing we can do about it :dull:

Yeah really baffles me the way CO's are assigned, one thing I have heard that DIAC does not move forward till they receive the Form 1100 from the state sponsoring you. Have heard cases where forms get lost or delayed by the State authorities .My 4 weeks are up so finally going to call DIAC tomorrow and ask where do I stand.

Waitingawhile, just out of interest, I notice you are a Drug and Alcohol Counselor. Do you work for a charity or for a statutory organisation? I'm a Community Development Worker managing a local charity - have you made any links in Perth yet..?

Hi i am just getting off to work so will pm you tonight -I have worked in Perth previously :)

Yeah really baffles me the way CO's are assigned, one thing I have heard that DIAC does not move forward till they receive the Form 1100 from the state sponsoring you. Have heard cases where forms get lost or delayed by the State authorities .My 4 weeks are up so finally going to call DIAC tomorrow and ask where do I stand.

Well, WA sent an email on 3rd May saying they received my signed agreement and sent 11000 to DIAC. So I'm hoping all is in order as far as that's concerned. I'll just have to wait a bit longer and remind myself to be patient. Seriously, you haven't heard anything yet??! My word, that's ridiculous! You filed a whole 2 weeks before me. Keep us up to date with what DIAC says tomorrow - good luck!

Well, WA sent an email on 3rd May saying they received my signed agreement and sent 11000 to DIAC. So I'm hoping all is in order as far as that's concerned. I'll just have to wait a bit longer and remind myself to be patient. Seriously, you haven't heard anything yet??! My word, that's ridiculous! You filed a whole 2 weeks before me. Keep us up to date with what DIAC says tomorrow - good luck!

I reckon you will hear this week too.:biggrin: I should be in a position to send the additional info requested tomorrow - fingers crossed. X

I should be in a position to send the additional info requested tomorrow - fingers crossed. X

Oooh.. exciting times! Fingers, toes and everything else crossed too. Not long before you can start booking your flights :cool:

Hi Jars!

I have been following your posts, coz i like them....although I believe your app will soon be allocated a CO, nevertheless this delay is sour for me as well. Maybe the following info will be helpful... (Best of luck!)

Post-Lodgement Enquiry

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your enquiry relates to when your application is likely to be assessed by a case officer, please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, and you have further enquiries, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

You can also contact the General Skilled Migration processing centres by telephone on 1300 364 613.

Hi Jars!

I have been following your posts, coz i like them....although I believe your app will soon be allocated a CO, nevertheless this delay is sour for me as well. Maybe the following info will be helpful... (Best of luck!)

Post-Lodgement Enquiry

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your enquiry relates to when your application is likely to be assessed by a case officer, please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, and you have further enquiries, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

You can also contact the General Skilled Migration processing centres by telephone on 1300 364 613.

Thanks DhakaGreetings! :em3900:

Guest paulharrop

Hi, Just put 176 through online but when i went to upload doc,s it came up (This Service temporarily unavailable.Please try again later) Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do you upload documents individually.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul congrats and welcome- this happened to me initially i just waited - you can also check the Diac site which has certain times they update the system etc Nitsha provides the link to upload docs if you trawl back through this thread to page 18 0r 19 you use your TRN and your original password when you started filling in the form to use it :)

Archived