176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browsing the posts, I see people are doing Meds before CO is being assigned. But I had read somewhere in immi site, to wait for CO to tell. Can you please shed some light ?

You only get 12 months from when your medical is done to validate your visa so if you are ready to move as soon as your visa is granted and are pretty sure it will be granted (medicals are expensive if for any reason you don't get that far) then you can do the medical before you get a CO. If like us you need to sell a house and get a job first then you may be glad of the whole 12 months before you need to validate. If you have not made the final move with-in the 12 month period everyone included in the visa will need to travel to Australia for a holiday which is obviously a costly option if it is not something you originally planned to do....... sorry that was a bit long-winded but you get the idae hopefully.

You only get 12 months from when your medical is done to validate your visa so if you are ready to move as soon as your visa is granted and are pretty sure it will be granted (medicals are expensive if for any reason you don't get that far) then you can do the medical before you get a CO. If like us you need to sell a house and get a job first then you may be glad of the whole 12 months before you need to validate. If you have not made the final move with-in the 12 month period everyone included in the visa will need to travel to Australia for a holiday which is obviously a costly option if it is not something you originally planned to do....... sorry that was a bit long-winded but you get the idae hopefully.

Hmmm...Many thanks...Well I guess then I should book for medicals as I have no worries in moving within this year ( Assuming I get my grant this year :err: ).

No, nothing yet. Status says 'Application received - processing commenced'. I was hoping we would have one by the weekend - nevermind, there's always next week.

Happy gathering :-)

CO appointed since yesterday Saturday :biggrin:- only checked my emails now - I'm in team 2 - need medical which I am doing next Tuesday and PC. Happy Days the waiting is nearing an end

That's great news! Other than medicals and PC, have they requested anything else?

No nothing else - I completed form 80 and uploaded it when I lodged the application - U should be next cause u lodged the same day as me

Hope so :dull:

Ooooh great, so other than medicals and PC you are more or less set!! Exciting times ahead :biggrin: Do you have a timescale for moving over by? We really want to be in Perth by October at the latest. Keep us up to date with your medicals and how it went

I haven't had a request for form 80 only meds and PCs- i lodged on line is this a definite must? are there anymore forms to worry about?

Only some people are asked to complete form 80. I think I am right in saying that when you go through an agent they usually get you to complete it prior to lodgement just in case as it is a mare of a form to do and very time consuming! We did ours too (on agent's request) and it took a lot of head scratching and digging around for information. No, I don't think there are any other forms to worry about (I hope!)...

Jars,

I definitely think your day is tomorrow for CO, others have gotten theirs who lodged around same time as you so here's hoping!!!!! Even better if ours came through too :-) We're hoping to get out there in September fingers & toes crossed!!!!

Jars,

I definitely think your day is tomorrow for CO, others have gotten theirs who lodged around same time as you so here's hoping!!!!! Even better if ours came through too :-) We're hoping to get out there in September fingers & toes crossed!!!!

Thanks Fergamy! A new week with lots of new beginnings (hopefully). Fingers crossed for you too (oh yeah, not to forget the toes lol)

I think i m starting to go a bit stir crazy. Uploaded the last document on Thursday night and emailed CO to tell her that.

This morning I have been checking the DIAC portal and emails every approximately 3 and a half minutes. Oh dear.... very frustrating yet exciting every time you get an email to see its just a deal for a hoover

Just had an email from my CO saying 'Thank you for providing the requested information and your travel itinerary. Your departure details have been noted for prompt finalisation of your visa application after your departure '

What does this mean... I hope this means i will be granted jus after i leave. Dont think i ll get a pre grant letter?????

Guest Tanmoy

My Status changed to "Application being processed further". Does that anyway mean that I am one step closer to getting a CO?

And what is a Pre Grant Letter? Does everyone have to intimate the travel itenary before the visa is granted? Do they ask for actual air tickets or just the intended time?

Please provide some clarity.

~Tanmoy

My Status changed to "Application being processed further". Does that anyway mean that I am one step closer to getting a CO?

And what is a Pre Grant Letter? Does everyone have to intimate the travel itenary before the visa is granted? Do they ask for actual air tickets or just the intended time?

Yep, you are one step closer!

Pre-grant letter only applies to on-shore applicants (where do you live?). In order for the visa to be issued, they have to leave Aus for a number of days following the pre-grant. When they enter Aus then, the visa is issued.

fergamy - you must have brought luck to this thread! :hug: CO allocated after 5 working days!!!. My migration agent said this was the quickest they'd seen ever and she has worked for the DIAC. For 80's all round and a copy of my decree absolute. Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Guest Tanmoy

Thanks a lot for the clarity Jars!!

I stay in India and hoping to move to Perth (keeping fingers crossed)

Any idea how long does it take from "Application being processed further" to the mail from CO?

btw i have been following up the thread and I hope you get your CO soon (having lodged your application on 1st May)

~Tanmoy

Guest Tanmoy
fergamy - you must have brought luck to this thread! :hug: CO allocated after 5 working days!!!. My migration agent said this was the quickest they'd seen ever and she has worked for the DIAC. For 80's all round and a copy of my decree absolute. Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Congrats arrumac!!! what are the documents that the CO has asked for and which team is assigned to you??

Archived