176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Illuminati - mine got lost in the cracks with NSW sponsorship. I came to know of that when I called up DIAC. Then I called up NSW and requested them to resend again, which they did and I had the CO the very next day. Hope this helps.

Cheers

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A PLE lodged now will only get you standard replies which you are already aware of. This is generally of no use - I have used this twice with gilch results. I am happy to be proved wrong and should be still worth a try - all the best.

Guest paulharrop

Thanks so much, although it was painfully slow on uploading doc,s i finally got there in the end.... just got to play the waiting game now.............. thanks again,Paul

QUOTE=Waitingawhile;1935828797]Hi Paul congrats and welcome- this happened to me initially i just waited - you can also check the Diac site which has certain times they update the system etc Nitsha provides the link to upload docs if you trawl back through this thread to page 18 0r 19 you use your TRN and your original password when you started filling in the form to use it :)

A PLE lodged now will only get you standard replies which you are already aware of. This is generally of no use - I have used this twice with gilch results. I am happy to be proved wrong and should be still worth a try - all the best.

Thanks for the information subs, I already tried the PLE path , it's totally useless as you have said. Gonna call them in a few hours :)

Got CO today! They've asked for form 80 to be completed which looks a complete nightmare.

Jars - yours will surely come some time soon.

My CO also asked for form 80 and 1221. Form 80 is ok, just time consuming to complete.

Help!!! 176 lodged by Agent Dec 2009, still havent heard anything!!

Really? Has the agent not provided you with an explanation? Did your nominated occupation drop off the SOL or something? Have you had any kind if confirmation fromDIAC to prove it was lodged? There must be an explanation - poor you :frown:

Hi guys, hope i can join this thread as have now applied for 176 just tonight... but i have a question which some of you guys may find silly.... Do we NOW download the required docs or wait for a co and then they will tell us what to download???

just glad that we,re at this stage now... Thanx all for any advice u may have for me...Linda. xx:wink:

My Co said this 'Thank you for providing the requested information and your travel itinerary. Your departure details have been noted for prompt finalisation of your visa application after your departure '

Does this basically mean i have been pre granted?????

Hi aidanofl

Yes this is Pre-grant notification. Did you send itinerary upfront to the Co??

yep i sent it when i confirmed my police check had been uploaded.

She also sent me an email yesterday saying

'The pre-grant letter is used to advice clients that their case is nearing finalisation, request that clients depart Australia for the purposes of visa grant and advice clients of their initial entry date.

As you have already advised the department that you are departing Australia, and I can see that you will be returning before your initial entry date (14/05/13) there is no need to issue you a pre-grant letter.

So fingers crossed i will be a permanet visa holder when i arrive back in Aus

yep i sent it when i confirmed my police check had been uploaded.

She also sent me an email yesterday saying

'The pre-grant letter is used to advice clients that their case is nearing finalisation, request that clients depart Australia for the purposes of visa grant and advice clients of their initial entry date.

As you have already advised the department that you are departing Australia, and I can see that you will be returning before your initial entry date (14/05/13) there is no need to issue you a pre-grant letter.

So fingers crossed i will be a permanet visa holder when i arrive back in Aus

If you don't mind, can I please ask how long are you leaving Australia for? Because we are waiting for pre-grant for almost two weeks now, I am wondering if we take a quick trip to Bali and let our Co know of our travel arrangement it might speed up the decision.

Hi guys, hope i can join this thread as have now applied for 176 just tonight... but i have a question which some of you guys may find silly.... Do we NOW download the required docs or wait for a co and then they will tell us what to download???

just glad that we,re at this stage now... Thanx all for any advice u may have for me...Linda. xx:wink:

It would reduce your waiting time if you frontload all docs.

sure, i am actually going back to the UK for 6 weeks.

Does all the items on your DIAC online checklist say met???? If so they should have done the pre grant by now.

If you email a travel itinery it prob would speed things up and they will note to grant while you are away.

Perhaps just email your CO and tell them you are looking to go away with expected dates and ask whether the visa will be finalised while away

sure, i am actually going back to the UK for 6 weeks.

Does all the items on your DIAC online checklist say met???? If so they should have done the pre grant by now.

If you email a travel itinery it prob would speed things up and they will note to grant while you are away.

Perhaps just email your CO and tell them you are looking to go away with expected dates and ask whether the visa will be finalised while away

Thanks so much. Yea we called DIAC couple of weeks ago and they said all documents are met. Document check-list shows the same except medicals which were also uploaded on 9th May. I'll write to CO our travel dates and ask if decision can be made during that period.

today's the day those still waiting for CO's! I feel it

I'm cursing my mother re this Form 80, she has 4 middle names and has been married 2x so I've had to write out her entire name more times than I care to mention, plus I have 2 sisters, 1 half brother and sister and 1 step brother and sister and a step dad, I've moved 5 times in 10 years, do we remember the month we moved, we were struggling with the year!

One question, how picky are they with holidays, I'm not putting weekends in Dublin or camping in France, unless....

Finally have a CO :) Called the DIAC, after waiting for 10 minutes, explained the lady that I have not been contacted by a CO till now . She said that I have a CO, also my form 1100 has been received and approved. She provided me the email ID to contact the CO. I mailed the CO and after a few hours got a mail from another CO requesting Medicals . All my other documents have been set to "Met". Will book the medicals for the earliest date possible :)

Finally have a CO :) Called the DIAC, after waiting for 10 minutes, explained the lady that I have not been contacted by a CO till now . She said that I have a CO, also my form 1100 has been received and approved. She provided me the email ID to contact the CO. I mailed the CO and after a few hours got a mail from another CO requesting Medicals . All my other documents have been set to "Met". Will book the medicals for the earliest date possible :)

Congrats Illuminati....hopefully good news is round the door.....:)

That's great news! You must be so relieved!!

Guest flossiebess

Hey guys.

I got my WA SS approved today so m hoping to lodge tonight. I'm at the page where you pay, is there an option afterwards to upload the docs? Also, some of my certified copies went to vetassess, and an original stat dec. because I have a points letter do I need to still upload everything else As well relating to my jobs?

Exciting now!

Hey guys.

I got my WA SS approved today so m hoping to lodge tonight. I'm at the page where you pay, is there an option afterwards to upload the docs? Also, some of my certified copies went to vetassess, and an original stat dec. because I have a points letter do I need to still upload everything else As well relating to my jobs?

Exciting now!

After payment, you can still upload your docs by using this link:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Omce the payment is made, you have no chance to adjust any info that you've filled.

You will have a checklist to upload docs as you will see after payment.

Guest flossiebess
After payment, you can still upload your docs by using this link:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Omce the payment is made, you have no chance to adjust any info that you've filled.

You will have a checklist to upload docs as you will see after payment.

Thanks! Any pitfalls/mistakes that others have made or looked at prior to lodging? I've been over it a few times now and think its right, only thing is the other visa question, we have a 457 visa, does that go down in the other visa section as a business visa?

THANKS!

Archived