Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About CivCdn

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

765 profile views
  1. Very hard to get visa in Aus other than a working holiday. Especially with minimal experience.
  2. You should be looking for employers to sponsor you on a TSS.
  3. For the 491 Victoria nomination you must submit an EOI and lodge an application for nomination. https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/491
  4. CivCdn

    NSW 491 Process

    Offshore job offer or 5 year’s experience https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-work-regional-provision-visa-subclass-491
  5. CivCdn

    489 (new 491) Time to enter Australia

    That is very weird. Did the department change it? From what I have seen, it is always the earliest of police or medical check date.
  6. CivCdn

    NSW 491 Process

    Looks like the application process for the 491 in NSW will be different from the 489. For the 489 the applicant would apply through the RDA, for which the Migration Officer for that RDA would do the Assessment before recommending to the NSW government for EOI invitation. Now, for the 491, the applicant must apply directly to the NSW government, who will then assess the application and issue an invitation if warranted. Personally, I think this will lead to a more consistent approach, which will eliminate RDA migration officer bias. Thoughts?
  7. CivCdn

    491/489 Job Prospects

    Even a 491 visa is unfortunately not easy to obtain for engineers, how would you go about getting this visa? I have tried for over a year to obtain a 489/190/189 visa, but immigration requirements keep getting tougher. If you can get a 491 visa, then I don't think you will have a problem finding a job (does not need to be in your field), especially considering you are currently working in the UK in your field. If you work for one year in NSW then you may be eligible for the 190 visa. https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/nsw-skilled-occupations-list/nsw-190-priority-skilled-occupation-list Or if you can obtain a job offer in regional VIC then you also would be eligible for a 491. https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/491 Or look at Category 2 - 491 for Tasmania. Need 6 months work experience in the state, does not need to be in your field. https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional Or for South Australia, if you find a job in your field and work for 12 mos Adelaide or 6 mos outside and have 3 yrs exp, eligible for a 491. https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/lists-of-state-nominated-occupations Or you can go on your 476 and tell employers to give you a chance, and if they like you then they can sponsor you on a 482, 494, or 186 visa. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-skill-shortage-482 But all these visas have a levy that the employer would have to pay, which makes this route less likely. Or, if you're single, find an australian partner, and apply for a partner visa after living together for a year. Don't do this for the sole purpose of getting a visa though, or you will be rejected and banned for years.
  8. CivCdn

    New rules for partner points

    That’s because if a skilled applicant had a partner who wasn’t skilled, then the unskilled partner would get a visa over a skilled single person. Why would Australia want to use two spots on a skilled and unskilled person compared to two skilled persons?
  9. Do you need to go to NSW? if it will be such a big hit financially, why not another state?
  10. CivCdn


  11. CivCdn

    Help ... problems accessing RDA Northern Rivers

    blocked for IPs outside Au
  12. CivCdn

    Nomination refusal

    Interesting, thanks.
  13. CivCdn

    Nomination refusal

    Is there such a thing as a partner visa if those in question are not married?
  14. CivCdn

    489 Visa - Visting Other Places?

    The question would be if you have to subtract these holidays from your residency time to qualify for the 887. Would think you would have to.