176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

With regards to the 176 application - my hubby and I have seperate bank accounts, and all bills are in his name - how best can we prove we have an ongoing genuine and continuing relationship?

Also on the application it asks about travels in the last 10 years - we have loads (both holidays and work) and cannot provide exact dates (probably just years until recently) - is this going to be a problem?

Thanks,

Debbie

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also on the application it asks about travels in the last 10 years - we have loads (both holidays and work) and cannot provide exact dates (probably just years until recently) - is this going to be a problem?

Debbie

Hi,

Are you referring to the paper application or the online one? If you don't have the exact dates, you can use an approximate one and give a 1-line reason as to why you don't have the exact information (visa/stamp free travel, lost passport etc). That will do it.

With regards to the 176 application - my hubby and I have seperate bank accounts, and all bills are in his name - how best can we prove we have an ongoing genuine and continuing relationship?

Debbie

Many a times they don't ask for evidence of relationship. We have been married for three years and haven't been asked for any sort of evidence. We just uploaded the marriage certificate. Though the reason for not asking us any proof might be that our last three visa grants has been as partners. As you said you have been on numerous holidays together and must have had visa grant together, there shouldn't be any problem.

leanie, any movement in your application?

Still no case officer for us. Hopefully tomorrow is our lucky day as its my daughter's birthday. Meds are at the end of the week.

Congratulations ToniA and RC5 on your grants, fantastic news :o)

Still no case officer for us. Hopefully tomorrow is our lucky day as its my daughter's birthday. Meds are at the end of the week.

Congratulations ToniA and RC5 on your grants, fantastic news :o)

Birthday wishes for your little one! Hope you get a CO real soon. Alternatively, you may want to send a PLE, in a few days, to check for that. http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

It's almost work time in Adelaide :)

For the final 4 ( jasperyogi, indikaya, georgiajoe and kimanda), this is your week guys. All the best!

Don't bring the system down by checking DIAC too often :)

<ignores instructions and checks every 10 mins>

:)

Birthday wishes for your little one! Hope you get a CO real soon. Alternatively, you may want to send a PLE, in a few days, to check for that. http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Cheers, she's having a good day. Still nothing happened with my application, must be the Aussie/Kiwi rivalry! If I lodged a PLE would I just be asking whats happening with my application? Is there much point in doing that?

I have no idea when we will validate, we have a lot to think about and sort out now i.e. sell house, sort animals, decide when we can go....i have no idea where to start! Think we need to let it sink in a bit first!

I think the animals will dictate when we can move as they haven't had their rabies jabs yet!!

Start with getting the rabies stuff done now! The sooner the better. What animals are you bringing across ToniA? We are bringing our 2 dogs but as they are kiwi dogs no rabies stuff to go through.

Guest sangeeth

I applied for 176 Visa for Victoria.

2011-11-17 IELTS L 7.5, R 7.5, S 7.5, R 7.5

2011-11-20 Victoria SS Applied

2012-01-04 ACS - Software Engineer - Re validation Received

2012-01-10 Victoria SS Granted

2012-03-28 Online Application Lodged 176 Visa with all documents including PCC without medical reports & Waiting for CO.

Guest sangeeth
very very very true...! Checking DIAC like 5 times a day from the date of lodging. But actually don't know, what i'm looking at. Because i'm 100% sure that I won't be getting a CO that much soon. :)

How long will it take?

2012-03-28 Online Application Lodged 176 Visa with all documents including PCC without medical reports & Waiting for CO.

I applied for 176 Visa for Victoria.

Welcome to the club Sangeeth. You have lodged one day later than me. :) Just keep on counting the days like me.

Cheers, she's having a good day. Still nothing happened with my application, must be the Aussie/Kiwi rivalry! If I lodged a PLE would I just be asking whats happening with my application? Is there much point in doing that?

Hi leanie,

A PLE's response can tell you whether you have a CO and if they have everything they need to start processing. Since you and I lodged on the same day, I don't see any reason why you don't have a CO already. Unless, NZ apps go to dedicated CO teams compared to the rest of the world. You can also wait till you lodge the Medicals and then send a PLE. All the best.

BTW, what dog is that in your avatar? I've been waiting a while to get one from the local shelter but decided against it due to this whole migration thing.

very very very true...! Checking DIAC like 5 times a day from the date of lodging. But actually don't know, what i'm looking at. Because i'm 100% sure that I won't be getting a CO that much soon. :)

Haha. After I got a CO and she requested for PCCs I still logged in a couple of times to check the status, don't know what for as I've to first send the docs for things to change duh!!!

Guest ToniA
Start with getting the rabies stuff done now! The sooner the better. What animals are you bringing across ToniA? We are bringing our 2 dogs but as they are kiwi dogs no rabies stuff to go through.

Hi leanie,

Thanks for the Congrats, we're bringing 2 cats and possibly 2 dogs (1 definately) - booked in for their Rabies jabs tomorrow!! I think that will be the thing that holds us up more than anything else now...although i always feel if there's the will there's always a way so we will see.

Looks like most jobs i'd like to apply for require me to either be in the country already or to be there in the next few weeks which is a pain but OH has a couple of potential jobs so if he gets one we might be able get there sooner rahter than later - i have to give 3 months notice in my current job so potentially in 3 months (wishing desperately)!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Hi guys, how do i check for a CO

im going through a agent, so will it go to them

thank you

Ask your agent for the transaction reference number (TRN). you can use the TRN to check online at the immigration website. Once you enter the details in the online form you will see a page with the application details. If there is a status which says Application Being Processed Further, it means that a CO has alloted.

Since you are using an agent all communication will be via the agent

Archived