176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just updating my timeline, Meds & PCC all sent so just waiting now! We did our medicals in Dublin & it was a great service;2 adults & baby completed in 1.5 hours for all tests incl x-rays!

All set! Hope you get a grant before the end of this week, fingers crossed.

Just updating my timeline, Meds & PCC all sent so just waiting now! We did our medicals in Dublin & it was a great service;2 adults & baby completed in 1.5 hours for all tests incl x-rays!

Sounds about the right timeframe. The doctors where I am in NZ reckon it takes an hour for each medical (chest x-rays are separate), so by their reckoning it will take 4 hours for 2 adults and 2 kids under 5!!! We have to go on 2 different days. Dublin sounds much better.

Seems our visa grant would be delayed. Got our medicals booked for 20th (earliest available date). We were hoping for exemptions from some tests. We are on temp. visa right now and our last medical was in July last year. We were told by medibank and DIAC that we would need to go through only couple of tests. But today different operator from DIAC said we'll need to have full medicals, CO is waiting for medicals only, everything else is fine (relieved sigh ). But it's so confusing. Earlier they said only few tests needed and now we got to do full. Fifteen days wasted :(

Guest ToniA

Well our police certificates arrived today...that's everything (hopefully)..just awaiting results of x-rays and bloods now!! Hopefully everyone will start getting their visa's pretty soon!!!

Well our police certificates arrived today...that's everything (hopefully)..just awaiting results of x-rays and bloods now!! Hopefully everyone will start getting their visa's pretty soon!!!

Yes hopefully so. My PCC has disappeared in the black hole that is bureaucracy. The missus got hers today. It's kinda painful having to wait without a clue as to what's happening to the passport or the PCC

Guest ToniA
Yes hopefully so. My PCC has disappeared in the black hole that is bureaucracy. The missus got hers today. It's kinda painful having to wait without a clue as to what's happening to the passport or the PCC

I know what you mean, i'm getting impatient waiting for the medical results to come through. I'm just glad we can all share our frustrations on here otherwise i think we could all go insane ;)

That must be frustrating! Hope it resolves soon enough and you can announce some good news :)

That must be frustrating! Hope it resolves soon enough and you can announce some good news :)

Ha Ha just received the PCC. The postman just delivered the registered packet with the Passport and the PCC. The really funny part is just half an hour before I received it, I wrote an email to the Chief Passport Officer who essentially manages the entire system in which i said that his entire department including him was incompetent. I just hope it does not come back to bite me on my arse!

All in all I will be sending the PCCs across to my agent tomorrow and I hope the good news comes in soon after!

Ha Ha just received the PCC. The postman just delivered the registered packet with the Passport and the PCC. The really funny part is just half an hour before I received it, I wrote an email to the Chief Passport Officer who essentially manages the entire system in which i said that his entire department including him was incompetent. I just hope it does not come back to bite me on my arse!

All in all I will be sending the PCCs across to my agent tomorrow and I hope the good news comes in soon after!

Your Chief passport officer must be in tears now, just kidding.

So you are all set then! Good luck!

Your Chief passport officer must be in tears now, just kidding.

So you are all set then! Good luck!

They are a thick skinned species tears are an alien concept. :)

All set unless the CO decides he needs other stuff besides whats already provided. I do hope we get it by the end of this week.

They are a thick skinned species tears are an alien concept. :)

All set unless the CO decides he needs other stuff besides whats already provided. I do hope we get it by the end of this week.

Hope not as I am under the happy impression that PCC is the last thing they ask for. Once uploaded, ask your agent to update the CO. Some believe that it speeds up the grant.

Booked a one way flight for 8th August!!! Have booked Singapore airlines through flight centre. Bit gutted though as I can't choose our seats now because I didn't book direct with Singapore Airlines. I've booked a seat for my little one so we'll have 3 seats between us so I'm just hoping we don't get split up on the plane when we check in. Can't quite believe we're on our way!

Just 2 more days left for this week. Hope to hear about a grant or two. RC5 and ToniA, hope you guys get yours soon. Good luck!

Thanks! Meds for all of us are showing as finalised on 10/4/12 on the online application so hopefully it wont be much longer for the visa grant :biggrin:

Booked a one way flight for 8th August!!! Have booked Singapore airlines through flight centre. Bit gutted though as I can't choose our seats now because I didn't book direct with Singapore Airlines. I've booked a seat for my little one so we'll have 3 seats between us so I'm just hoping we don't get split up on the plane when we check in. Can't quite believe we're on our way!

Congratulations! It will sink in soon! We hope to be in Perth by August too. I think all the Marchies should plan a catch up once in.

We received from team's mail address. What about you?

Me too. Has it always been this way? I remember reading/hearing that people received mails from CO's direct address.

In any case, I think this system is better because if one CO is away on leave for a while, someone else might take a look.

There was that one case I read/heard, where the CO was away on Maternity leave and the applicant who uploaded everything was waiting and worrying that something may not be right with his/her application. If the the team system is something new then it may rectify such situations.

Edited by toOZ2012

Me too. Has it always been this way? I remember reading/hearing that people received mails from CO's direct address.

In any case, I think this system is better because if one CO is away on leave for a while, someone else might take a look.

There was that one case I read/heard, where the CO was away on Maternity leave and the applicant who uploaded everything was waiting and worrying that something may not be right with his/her application. If the the team system is something new then it may rectify such situations.

I read few posts on this forum earlier and mostly had emails from teams. One had even written CO's name and thus was warned by moderator. No doubt it is much better system. Though the authority of decision still remains with that 'specific CO'. If that CO is away on holiday, then they assign new one.

I read few posts on this forum earlier and mostly had emails from teams. One had even written CO's name and thus was warned by moderator. No doubt it is much better system. Though the authority of decision still remains with that 'specific CO'. If that CO is away on holiday, then they assign new one.

Nice. Good to know.

Hi,

The requirements for the applicant and each of his/her dependents will be listed separately in your document checklist. For medicals, yes just take the 26EH and 160EH to an eHealth clinic and they'll take care of the rest.

Better to get your PCCs ready and if possible, front-load it. Good luck!

Hi there.

My OH is awaiting vetsassess decision but we are hoping to get his 176 application in before 1st July so arming myself with as much info as possible in advance so we're ready to go. When you say 'front load' the PCC and Meds, do you mean arrange them as soon as we lodge our visa application instead of waiting their request to get them? Sorry if this is obvious!!

Thanks

Hi

I apologise for my ignorance but what id form 80 and 1221?

Hi,

Yea front-loading means uploading them asap after lodging your 176 file. Form 80 is normally requested for each person included in the application and 1221 for the partner only. It requires you to give details about your jobs, and residential addresses for the last ten years and so on.