176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very exciting news.....we have our Grant!!! OMG am so excited!!!

Our meds were finalised yesterday after OH called medical centre (Handsworth are very good) they uploaded the results there and then and today we get our email from DIAC!! Shows as granted on DIAC website!!

We were processed by team 4 also!!

Good luck guys ;)

Many congratulations! Btw ours is team 2. Anybody else having team 2?

Woo-hoo Just got an e-mail with the visa grant!!! I guess Friday 13th is lucky for some.

We have a year from date of PCCs to activate. On the online 'check progress of application' all the documents on the checklist are showing as 'met' and beside each applicants name on the home page is says 'applicant approved'.

I had uploaded the PCCs online last week but sent an e-mail with them last night too so maybe this helped it along?

Can anyone tell me if I have sponsorship from Victoria do we have to fly into Victoria to activate the visa or can we fly to any airport?

Very exciting news.....we have our Grant!!! OMG am so excited!!!

Our meds were finalised yesterday after OH called medical centre (Handsworth are very good) they uploaded the results there and then and today we get our email from DIAC!! Shows as granted on DIAC website!!

We were processed by team 4 also!!

Good luck guys ;)

wOw...! Wish you all the very best! :)

Woo-hoo Just got an e-mail with the visa grant!!! I guess Friday 13th is lucky for some.

We have a year from date of PCCs to activate. On the online 'check progress of application' all the documents on the checklist are showing as 'met' and beside each applicants name on the home page is says 'applicant approved'.

I had uploaded the PCCs online last week but sent an e-mail with them last night too so maybe this helped it along?

Can anyone tell me if I have sponsorship from Victoria do we have to fly into Victoria to activate the visa or can we fly to any airport?

wOw wOw, 2 grants today! All the best! These kind of questions, I also have to get clarified. For example, if I'm the main applicant, can I go there alone initially and later ask my wife & baby to come? Would that be ok or do I have to go back & come along with them (as I'm the main applicant)?

Congratulations! I wonder how the updates are released as it is almost midnight in Adelaide.

You can get your visa validated at any airport even if your sponsorship is from Victoria. All the best with your new life in OZ.

EDIT: It is believed the when everything is set, mailing the CO gets them to take a look and if possible grant then and there.

Edited by toOZ2012

wOw wOw, 2 grants today! All the best! These kind of questions, I also have to get clarified. For example, if I'm the main applicant, can I go there alone initially and later ask my wife & baby to come? Would that be ok or do I have to go back & come along with them (as I'm the main applicant)?

Unless there is a 8502 or some similar condition on your grant, your family is free to enter in any order you wish and don't have to do it at the same time either.

http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_acts/ssg/ssguide-9/ssguide-9.3/ssguide-9.3.5/ssguide-8502.html

Congratulations! I wonder how the updates are released as it is almost midnight in Adelaide.

You can get your visa validated at any airport even if your sponsorship is from Victoria. All the best with your new life in OZ.

EDIT: It is believed the when everything is set, mailing the CO gets them to take a look and if possible grant then and there.

I meant to say I just read the e-mail now but it arrived in my inbox at 1.48 this morning

:laugh:

Thanks for the info on getting it validated in any airport, I've a newborn baby so I'd say it will be the end iof this year when we fly over but at least can start getting organised now.

Hope your grant comes through next week!

Yayyyyy....fantastic news! Many congratulations! Last night when ToniA got his grant I thought that's it for this week, though there were three of you expecting. Now that you and ToniA are through, next is Pradiprn. Fingers crossed :)

Are you in oz already like us? We have been going through various options as to where to go to be off-shore and what would be cheapest. Have you planned your trip away (if you are onshore already)?

Congratulations! Did you send the email to the team id with the PCCs?

I think you can enter the country from anywhere to activate the visa.

Yayyyyy....fantastic news! Many congratulations! Last night when ToniA got his grant I thought that's it for this week, though there were three of you expecting. Now that you and ToniA are through, next is Pradiprn. Fingers crossed :)

Well no joy so far....fingers will have to remain crossed until next week I suppose...the waiting is a pain

Are you in oz already like us? We have been going through various options as to where to go to be off-shore and what would be cheapest. Have you planned your trip away (if you are onshore already)?

I should be so lucky! Hopefully, in 2 months time, if everything goes well.

I read that many people just go to NZ for a few days. Note that your grant will only be issued once you leave the country. Your CO should co-ordinate the whole thing but be prepared to stay a few extra days if there are some unexpected delays.

Congratulations! Did you send the email to the team id with the PCCs?
PCCs have to uploaded like any other document in the checklist. The e-mail will be just to update the CO that the requested documents are ready to be checked :)

I don't know if your agent has forwarded all the docs to you but here is a screenshot. Cheers.

team4.jpg

This one was in the footnote when the CO replied.

"If you have lodged online, using your Transaction Reference Number, please upload your scanned documents at: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Please do not duplicate documents by email or post, as this will only delay the processing of your visa. You can advise Team 4 that you have uploaded documents to your application at: adelaide.gsm.team4@immi.gov.au.

Please note that, for online lodged applications, your online checklist will not automatically update. It will only be updated when your application is allocated and I have assessed the relevant documents. Any correspondence sent to DIAC should ONLY BE SENT IN ONCE unless requested. Please also note that I do not acknowledge receipt of documents."

team4.jpg

Edited by toOZ2012

A question here

The plan that the missus and I have is that I go first and settle down and she follows me in a couple of years. I just wanted to check if that would cause any issues given I am the secondary applicant and she is the primary.

Does anyone know about any issues that might crop up with this plan of ours?

A question here

The plan that the missus and I have is that I go first and settle down and she follows me in a couple of years. I just wanted to check if that would cause any issues given I am the secondary applicant and she is the primary.

Does anyone know about any issues that might crop up with this plan of ours?

Assuming there is no 8502 or similar condition on your grant, you can go there first but everyone in your family has to validate the visa before a year from the date of your PCC/Meds (whichever is earlier) to be confirmed as Permanent Residents.

5 years from the grant date, you'll need to renew your entry permit for which everyone has to stay for at least 2 years in Australia.

http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_acts/ssg/ssguide-9/ssguide-9.3/ssguide-9.3.5/ssguide-8502.html

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/155/eligibility.htm

Assuming there is no 8502 or similar condition on your grant, you can go there first but everyone in your family has to validate the visa before a year from the date of your PCC/Meds (whichever is earlier) to be confirmed as Permanent Residents.

5 years from the grant date, you'll need to renew your entry permit for which everyone has to stay for at least 2 years in Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/155/eligibility.htm

We plan to go together and validate but I will stay back and she plans to go back to her job in Dubai. I read somewhere that the secondary applicant cannot stay back if the primary applicant isnt especially after registering with the state upon arrival. Sounded a little tenous so thought I should verify it

We plan to go together and validate but I will stay back and she plans to go back to her job in Dubai. I read somewhere that the secondary applicant cannot stay back if the primary applicant isnt especially after registering with the state upon arrival. Sounded a little tenous so thought I should verify it

Once validated and confirmed as PR's, you are every bit a PR as your OH and shouldn't matter whether you are the primary or secondary applicant. I honestly don't think there are any such restrictions as a PR is a federal grant and state stuff is, well, state-level similar to the 2-year stay for SS applicants.

Do let us know if you find that article/thread.

Once validated and confirmed as PR's, you are every bit a PR as your OH and shouldn't matter whether you are the primary or secondary applicant. I honestly don't think there are any such restrictions as a PR is a federal grant and state stuff is, well, state-level similar to the 2-year stay for SS applicants.

Do let us know if you find that article/thread.

been searching for that thread. saw it yesterday on another forum. cant find it now. well I have been checking the immigration website there is nothing there about this. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all pans out

been searching for that thread. saw it yesterday on another forum. cant find it now. well I have been checking the immigration website there is nothing there about this. I guess we will have to wait and see how it all pans out

I agree with toOz2012 that once you are granted PR , you are not dependent on your OH for residency rights. Don't take me wrong, but I have read about cases where people come over as de facto partners and they separate later on, going different ways. So irrespective of the location of primary applicant, you can live there as long as you wish. :)

I agree with toOz2012 that once you are granted PR , you are not dependent on your OH for residency rights. Don't take me wrong, but I have read about cases where people come over as de facto partners and they separate later on, going different ways. So irrespective of the location of primary applicant, you can live there as long as you wish. :)

That is reassuring. But yes the key thing ie the visa grant has to happen first...otherwise all of this is sort of castle in the air business