176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

Guest DingDangDoo
Hi,

Yea front-loading means uploading them asap after lodging your 176 file. Form 80 is normally requested for each person included in the application and 1221 for the partner only. It requires you to give details about your jobs, and residential addresses for the last ten years and so on.

Hi Nishi,

I am planning to submit my 176 in the middle of May (thats when me and my partner have the 12 month living requirement).

When would they ask me to fill these out? Do you do it before submitting meds and ielts?

I could just do it now i guess?

Thanks Nishi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Yea front-loading means uploading them asap after lodging your 176 file. Form 80 is normally requested for each person included in the application and 1221 for the partner only. It requires you to give details about your jobs, and residential addresses for the last ten years and so on.

Just to add a bit more to Nishi's post:

Form 1221 may be requested for the primary applicant as well. For my case, I was asked for Form 1221 in the 'document checklist' but not for Form 80.

Whether you are required to fill one really depends on your application and CO. All you can do is see if your checklist asks for one. Form 80 may be asked when a CO is assigned.

You can take a look at the forms from below:

Form 1221 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221.pdf

Form 80 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

If you have time, get them ready so that you can upload them instantly, if/when asked. Good luck, hope your vetassess come through soon.

Edited by toOZ2012

Hi Nishi,

I am planning to submit my 176 in the middle of May (thats when me and my partner have the 12 month living requirement).

When would they ask me to fill these out? Do you do it before submitting meds and ielts?

Thanks Nishi

Hi,

After you have lodged the online application, you'll get a 'document checklist' that lists all the things you need to upload at that point of time. Which can include those forms, mostly likely just 1221. Later on, your CO may ask for Form 80 too.

See my post above for links to the forms. Some people just front-load Form 80 as soon as they lodge the app, in the hope that if the CO later decides that it is needed he'll already have it and there won't be any delays. Saving every bit of time. There are a quite a few cases, where everything was front-loaded Meds/PCCs, forms etc and the CO directly went to a grant.

You have to submit IELTS as soon as you lodge the app. Meds and PCC can be done later when the CO asks for it. You can do them earlier as well but note that you'll only have 1-year from the date of your PCC/Meds(whichever is submitted first) to validate your visa (after you get the grant). So if you want as much time as possible to be able to validate then don't front-load Meds/PCCs. Good luck!

Edited by toOZ2012

Team mail address. and PCCs have been submitted and CO has been updated...now to cross fingers and wait....

One more day left for this week (assuming nobody is working on Saturday). Fingers crossed for you.

I would really like to see at least one grant this week so that I can be confident that DIAC isn't slowing down with the flood of applications.

Hi Nishi,

Thanks Nishi

You fill out all these forms after applying online. Once your file is in (after paying fee and all), you'll be able to see document checklist. Normally you are asked for form 80 and 1221 when CO is assigned but you can of course front-load them. Front-loading means you won't have to do it later on. Many applicant have even front-loaded medicals and PCC and they directly got the grant. :smile:

Just to add a bit more to Nishi's post:

Form 1221 may be requested for the primary applicant as well. For my case, I was asked for Form 1221 in the 'document checklist' but not for Form 80.

Whether you are required to fill one really depends on your application and CO. All you can do is see if your checklist asks for one. Form 80 may be asked when a CO is assigned.

You can take a look at the forms from below:

Form 1221 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1221.pdf

Form 80 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

If you have time, get them ready so that you can upload them instantly, if/when asked. Good luck, hope your vetassess come through soon.

Oh really. I didn't know form 1221 can be for primary applicant too. When we did it online, system asked for form 1221 only for my OH and form 80 was asked by CO for both of us.

Hi,

After you have lodged the online application, you'll get a 'document checklist' that lists all the things you need to upload at that point of time. Which can include those forms, mostly likely just 1221. Later on, your CO may ask for Form 80 too.

See my post above for links to the forms. Some people just front-load Form 80 as soon as they lodge the app, in the hope that if the CO later decides that it is needed he'll already have it and there won't be any delays. Saving every bit of time. There are a quite a few cases, where everything was front-loaded Meds/PCCs, forms etc and the CO directly went to a grant.

You have to submit IELTS as soon as you lodge the app. Meds and PCC can be done later when the CO asks for it. You can do them earlier as well but note that you'll only have 1-year from the date of your PCC/Meds(whichever is submitted first) to validate your visa (after you get the grant). So if you want as much time as possible to be able to validate then don't front-load Meds/PCCs. Good luck!

Oops...didn't see your reply. :P

One more day left for this week (assuming nobody is working on Saturday). Fingers crossed for you.

I would really like to see at least one grant this week so that I can be confident that DIAC isn't slowing down with the flood of applications.

I completely agree. It can be anyone- pradiprn, RC5 or ToniA. :)

I completely agree. It can be anyone- pradiprn, RC5 or ToniA. :)

I was reading all your conversation throughout this time. Didn't interfere much as I still feel like a junior among you. I'm also wishing the same, that you guys will get the grant soon; so that our applications will come up.

All the best to you all...!

I was reading all your conversation throughout this time. Didn't interfere much as I still feel like a junior among you. I'm also wishing the same, that you guys will get the grant soon; so that our applications will come up.

All the best to you all...!

Haha. You along with jasperyogi, georgiajoe and Kimanda are in the final group of the March gang. Good chance of getting CO's before end of next week.

In this thread, so far, we have 3 grants including one super-fast 19-day direct grant, 8 people with CO's and 5 more yet to be assigned one. Good luck everyone!

I read somewhere that all in all there are 34 teams and that 175 and 176 are processed by teams 1 to 7. but this is all second hand information and may not be reliable

We can take a quick poll to get some stats :) Let's hear the team numbers, people.

CO Team for March Gang:

RC5 - Team 4

tooz - Team 4

pradiprn - Team 4

ToniA - Team 4

Nishi - Team 2

leanie - Team 6

newlifeincoming - Team 4

Feb Gang

176VISA - Team 4

Edited by toOZ2012

We can take a quick poll to get some stats :) Let's hear the team numbers, people.

CO Team for March Gang:

RC5 - Team 4

tooz - Team 4

Am team 4 as well...and does anyone what the online status reads when visa is granted... have been checking for update every hour on the hour now...no change anywhere

Am team 4 as well...and does anyone what the online status reads when visa is granted... have been checking for update every hour on the hour now...no change anywhere

I think, you'll see some information in "Visa Entitlements Details" link at the bottom.

Guest ToniA

Very exciting news.....we have our Grant!!! OMG am so excited!!!

Our meds were finalised yesterday after OH called medical centre (Handsworth are very good) they uploaded the results there and then and today we get our email from DIAC!! Shows as granted on DIAC website!!

We were processed by team 4 also!!

Good luck guys ;)

Our meds were finalised yesterday after OH called medical centre (Handsworth are very good) they uploaded the results there and then and today we get our email from DIAC!! Shows as granted on DIAC website!!

Good luck guys ;)

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. When are you guys planning to validate?

That gives us some hope that they are not slowing down. All hail Team 4 :)

Edited by toOZ2012

Guest ToniA
Congratulations! That's wonderful news. When are you guys planning to validate?

That gives us some hope that they are not slowing down. All hail Team 4 :)

I have no idea when we will validate, we have a lot to think about and sort out now i.e. sell house, sort animals, decide when we can go....i have no idea where to start! Think we need to let it sink in a bit first!

I think the animals will dictate when we can move as they haven't had their rabies jabs yet!!

Good luck guys ;)

Congratulations! all the best!

And I hope Team 4 continues with its good work and will send a grant our way!