What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well today I have completed the visa application online and paid for that and also booked for me and my girls to have chest x-rays which is all that flagged up on the visa. The searches should have been started on our house sale today but as they're cash buyers they don't have to have a survey. Hopefully it'll all be done quickly. Plus I've put a few more items on ebay to sell :cool:

hi the same as mummy mann, watched all our stuff going out the gate in the removal lorry, next time ill see it will be in queensland, feels very sureal but bloody great :biggrin:

I will be more pleased tomorrow when the boxes have gone. They have taken over my house, I can't move. We are heading to Queensland too :0)

Seven Seas delivered our empty boxes.

My prospective boss viewed a couple of fully furnished units in the same block for us, she then emailed us the photos and we have since applied for one of 2, whichever is available in the hope that we will have them for when we move over.

Prospective tenants for our house came tonight will sign tenancy agreement etc over the weekend and move in beginning of November.

Guest Maddason1

Hi guys x haven't been on here for a while as my OH's last job offer fell through so was a bit miffed :mad:x but I have excellent news to share:tongue: x we are back on the band wagon ones again x

Our last 457 was granted then cancelled x we now have to apply again x

We are away on our holidays on Tuesday x of which we could of done without x but we will enjoy a break before all the mayhem begins again x my OH is going to AUZ first a week after we return x and I'll be left to sort out house/dog/shipping/schooling etc

It's all soo daunting x with soo much to do x any tips gratefully received x ps we live in Scotland x

Our house has sold after 5 days on the market, :biggrin:hope no problems, first time buyer. Now looking for shipping quotes, any recommendations. Now to sell the caravan. Now starting to stress over sorting out the house. :confused: But getting closer to our dream.

Hi Everyone

This has got me thinking and reminded me how far we have come, thanks everyone

Vetasses- travelled to Blackburn from North Wales for skills assessment with OH to return same day for my interview to travel back again to pick him up and once again return. We will start and finish the process together!

Jumped over many hoops as visa points system changed- what a nightmare

Travelled three times for iletts exams but no success (although English is 1st language). Spent alot of time shopping whilst waiting for OH to complete exams. finally got sponsorship from family.

Dropped bompshell onto friends and family

Visa granted- Started completing tasks off Oz action plan.

3 years 6 months down- 3 months to go. whooppeee!

happcat

Hi Everyone

This has got me thinking and reminded me how far we have come, thanks everyone

Vetasses- travelled to Blackburn from North Wales for skills assessment with OH to return same day for my interview to travel back again to pick him up and once again return. We will start and finish the process together!

Jumped over many hoops as visa points system changed- what a nightmare

Travelled three times for iletts exams but no success (although English is 1st language). Spent alot of time shopping whilst waiting for OH to complete exams. finally got sponsorship from family.

Dropped bompshell onto friends and family

Visa granted- Started completing tasks off Oz action plan.

3 years 6 months down- 3 months to go. whooppeee!

happcat

i know what you mean. We got caught within all the visa changes, gave up a few times, thought never going to happen, we changed state, done ielts, every time it was our time, they changed priority. We first approached an agent sept 07, finally granted jan 11. But onwards and upwards, just hope we can afford to live there now lol xx hope o be there this year, but prob jan 13. X

Congrats Ozzies.

Spoke to a client of ours today who has a house for rent (in the street behind ours actually). Would be perfect. Our buyers should be paying the deposit tmoz, so finger's crossed they do then we can confirm the rental and relax a bit.

Fingers crossed for you. X

Ozzies, it sounds like we were trying to apply at the same time- at one point I'd spent weeks researching areas for the state sponsorship, when I was about to send the info to agent, I got another email through saying they closed the doors. My god, I can only smile now because we have come out the other side. We are moving in January 2013 so we are on count down now.

Good Luck Everyone

Received an acknowledgement of our papers lodged at TRA - anyone would think I had been told I had won the lottery - I was so excited:confused:

No word from our buyers even though they assured us that they were going to pay the deposit today - time for a short, sharp kick up the backside!!:wink:

Received an acknowledgement of our papers lodged at TRA - anyone would think I had been told I had won the lottery - I was so excited:confused:

No word from our buyers even though they assured us that they were going to pay the deposit today - time for a short, sharp kick up the backside!!:wink:

Another little step. It all counts. Hope the buyers start behaving themselves.

Millie x

Well we have officially put our house on the market. Hubby's visa should come through within next few weeks so the only thing holding us up will then be the house. Fingers crossed that someone out there is looking and this is their perfect house and it's snapped up :) ( I can but dream)

Put 2nd coat of varnish on two floors in the continuing, and seemingly endless, decoration schedule in getting the house ready for rent.

Now freezing with all doors and windows open so it drys and we can cross the hall to go to bed tonight!

Contacted 4 removal firms as we have to ship by the 15th Nov.#

Booked accommodation for Nov so we can get out after stuff has shipped and let the carpet firm lay the new carpets in the bedrooms and stairs.

Ordered Crocs - love crocs!

I finally got rid of my huge sofa today. I am now only 3 weeks from shipping. The closer I get to shipping the less I find I actually want to take with me so I have decided to sell a few more items. I only have a car for one more week so need to do most of my lifting and shifting sooner rather than later. Booked a local hotel for shipping day and we leave for London the day after. :biggrin:

Millie x

Archived