Is contraception free in Australia?

purpledonna

Contraceptives should be free in every country, as the world heads for a devastating plague of 7 billion humans and wont end there...In Australia they should be giving away free condoms instead of encouraging people to breed with there lunatic $5000 baby bonus and all the other paid maternity leave etc..why should I have to contribute to someone elses sprog when I choose not to have one myself..

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That long? I'm surprised really

I got a 12 month prescription for my pill and the doctor was happy to do this and checked my 'stats' before giving me the prescription.

I was honest and told them I was going to Oz for 12 months initially and she said that was fine and would do another check up on me as and when I returned to the UK (and only prescribed 12 months to me)

Contraceptives should be free in every country, as the world heads for a devastating plague of 7 billion humans and wont end there...In Australia they should be giving away free condoms instead of encouraging people to breed with there lunatic $5000 baby bonus and all the other paid maternity leave etc..why should I have to contribute to someone elses sprog when I choose not to have one myself..

everything OK RichB? You're not your usual chipper self today:wubclub:

Because that's just the way it is.....

Guest guest17301

Great attitude. So you're not having kids...good decision.

Guest guest37336
Contraceptives should be free in every country, as the world heads for a devastating plague of 7 billion humans and wont end there...In Australia they should be giving away free condoms instead of encouraging people to breed with there lunatic $5000 baby bonus and all the other paid maternity leave etc..why should I have to contribute to someone else's sprog when I choose not to have one myself..

Couldn't agree more.:mad:

Ain't it galling that my personal choice of having kids has impacted on you to this degree.:wubclub:

All I can do is apologies for bringing two happy children into the world. If I had known of your misgivings I'm sure me and the good lady would have sat down and talked it through far more thoroughly.:idea:

In short I apologise for upsetting you, but you will be glad to know we are planning no more children in the future.:no:

I've been Googling about it but can't find anything concrete. Is contraception free over there? Such as condoms, contraceptive jelly and what not? I guess it's best to stock up before hand really.

Johnny bags can be free if you go to a family planning clinic here .........not too sure about the pil ,..........but this is free......:goofy:.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To48HBVk4wA

Yes, but remember the Ozzies think the expense is worthwhile as they are trying to breed their own so they don't have to keep importing so many whinging bloody poms!:biglaugh:

Guest SupportPants
So, I have a Doc appoiinntment this week for my pill... can I take 12 months owrth into Oz with me then?

Sarah

Have you thought about an IUD? They last 8 years or so - free in the UK and about $200 here to have fitted at the Family Planning place.