IELTS 22 October

Sol2Oz

Guest westwoodc
I passed first time 3 eights and a 9, advice.......Relax don't panic take it in yer stride and all will come good.....Worst thing to do is panic and get up tight if that happens it all goes to ****.................Good luck

Thats a great result, well done and thank you for the advice. We have ordered the practice CD and Sunderland where the test is offer a day workshop which he is also going to do.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok.....again :mad:Listening 8.5 Reading8.0 Writing 6.5 :confused: Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 And please my writing isn't that bad..verdict:I'll sit again

Hey Rig - how much do you need? If you're only looking for a 7, you should not only book the test again, but try for a remark. I hear it's worth it when it comes to the writing part.

ok.....again :mad:Listening 8.5 Reading8.0 Writing 6.5 :confused: Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 And please my writing isn't that bad..verdict:I'll sit again

Keep trying mate - prashyt took it 11 times and has finally conquered!! :jiggy:

Guest prashyt

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support and wishes derham,Sol2Oz,Dono,Heather Law,path2aus. I was bloody pissed off on the whole system as i always missed it by .5. I needed 7 in all. Although i'd always miss by 0.5. Even rechecking didn't work for me, but its all a history now. I have got what i wanted after those disappointing fridays :(

Olga; Thanks mate, well there wasn't a major difference although i did practice a lot. I purchased an online course from Scotts English and practiced almost all excercise.

rigman: Give it for remarking; and in the meanwhile book another test. I know its frustrating to the core. Believe me i've been in Aus since 4.5 years and after 1 month my visa is due to expire. If i wouldn't have got this time; it would have been "Goodbye" for me. Just be paitent mate. :) good luck.

I've got a horrible 24hrs waiting to see what I got this time, decided if I don't get 8's I am not wasting anymore time. Can't imagine doing what Prasht done and sit the dam thing 11 times:arghh:

Me too! I think i will gor 475 instead of 176!

But look on the bright side we might just do it!!

I am the same, dont get me wrong the 176 is much better (need less deposit for a mortgage, first time buyers grant, healthcare and most importantly security) but I dont have the time to keep trying (turn 45 next March). But we both might be celebrating tomorrow.

L 6.5 /R 6.5 /W8.5 /S 8.5 ,going to take it one more time , then i think the dream is over

do take it again, but don't think like that. Think positive. Last time was my third time, and if I fail, (which I hope I don't) I'm not giving up. Prashyt took it 11 times and finally passed - very happy they now are!!

L 6.5 /R 6.5 /W8.5 /S 8.5 ,going to take it one more time , then i think the dream is over

When did you sit?

Did you get your results online?

Don't give up... i am waiting for my third result...first time i got 7.5, 6.5, 8, 9...second 9,9,7.5,9...third time ????

I think just knowing what to expect gives you the upper hand, but you can never tell how you think you have done! I was both gob smacked and gutted with my second result!

Archived